What else to do in Falmouth besides Dunn's River Falls?

unseemlygamer

I also am looking at something as an alternative to DRF and Blue Hole. RCCL has an excursion called Regae Mountain... Has anyone taken this excursion??????

Reggae Hill is on some land very near the White river and is purpose built as a tourist spot. There is nothing overly special about it from what I have heard. If I recall correctly it is owned by an Israeli guy/company who built it for the sole purpose of accommodating cruise passengers for the day. I believe it just opened in 2016.

We heard the music blaring from there when we did tubing on the White river this past December and our guide pointed it out to us and told us a little about it.

I'm kind of interested in the river rafting excursion. I'm older, with two artificial knees so getting up from very low positions is comical, if not almost impossible. That is my only concern. Has anyone done the river rafting and can tell me about getting up and down from the seated position. With artificial knees, having your bottom higher than your knees when you go to stand up is a definite plus.

I'm kind of interested in the river rafting excursion. I'm older, with two artificial knees so getting up from very low positions is comical, if not almost impossible. That is my only concern. Has anyone done the river rafting and can tell me about getting up and down from the seated position. With artificial knees, having your bottom higher than your knees when you go to stand up is a definite plus.

You'll need help getting up and out of the tube at the end but the guides will help you for sure. (they are eager to get tips) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Our big group had done Dunns River Falls as well so we opted to do The Blue Hole the second time and it was amazing. While it is a little similar, the Blue Hole is much more adventurous and fun. Everyone in our group absolutely loved it. We booked with Liberty Tours and they were outstanding. Ricardo was our guide for the tour and he was very friendly and accommodating. They came highly recommended on Trip Advisor.....that's how we found them. Hope you have a great trip!

Our big group had done Dunns River Falls as well so we opted to do The Blue Hole the second time and it was amazing. While it is a little similar, the Blue Hole is much more adventurous and fun. Everyone in our group absolutely loved it. We booked with Liberty Tours and they were outstanding. Ricardo was our guide for the tour and he was very friendly and accommodating. They came highly recommended on Trip Advisor.....that's how we found them. Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks for the imput. I contacted them about the tour and prices. I honestly was going to stay on the ship. I have never been excited about Jamaica. If he comes back with a decent price I may consider it. But thank you for the thoughts.

We didn't book an excursion in Falmouth. Partially because it was our first cruise and the thought of going an hour and a half away for a beach or excursion scared me. I was afraid to miss the boat. (Again, we were first timers....if I didn't see the boat in my immediate field of vision, I got scared). We just stayed in the square and looked around in the shops, ate at Margaritaville, and swam in the pool there. I think next time I'd book an excursion. The shopping was nice, but I would have wanted to enjoy more of what was to offer in Jamaica. Next cruise we are going to Ocho Rios...much closer to the action!

I'm happy to read this. DW and I will be in Falmouth in October. Part of the reason for choosing the itinerary we did was because DW REALLY wants to see the falls. We recently found out she is pregnant and will be around 22 weeks when we cruise. When looking at the excursions through the cruise line, they all say pregnant women should not do the excursion. Hearing someone else successfully did it while pregnant helps a lot! :)

As a labor and delivery nurse, that would make me very nervous to do this. There's a reason there is a warning. If the tube flips over and your wife hits a rock with her belly or anything else relatable, it can be very dangerous for her and the baby's health. Any sudden jars to the belly can be unsafe. The water can be unpredicatable and there are rough spots. I would protect that precious cargo and book another trip for after baby so she can enjoy that later on. But in the meantime, find something that is safe and enjoyable for her!

We have ridden the lift up the mountain and then rode the bob sled. We ate up there and then rode the lift back down. It was fun. I'm not sure how good bob sledding is for a pregnant woman. We also took the white water rafting. There wasn't really any rapids to speak of and if she wanted to do that she wouldn't even have to paddle but she could sit in the raft and just ride it. There really wasn't any worry of turning over.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=like2cruise99&date=5-20-2017&text=Ready to cruise&ship=Adventure of the Seas

• 3 months later...
We are doing the "Rios Kayak" excursion next week. I'll let you know how it goes !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please let me know how you liked the Kayak excursion. Couldnt find any reviews and Im onterested in it for my October 2017 cruise.

Thanks

Last year we did the dolphin swim at Dolphin Cove and DRF, which we felt kind of rushed. It was a good experience at both just very rushed.

This year my wife and son did the jungle tubing adventure, while my daughter and I did the volunteer excursion.

From what they said the jungle tubing was nothing like advertised and the volunteer thing was .... quite an e,experience.

• 2 weeks later...
I am aware that Dunn's River is in Ocho Rios, as opposed to Falmouth, and because it'd be a long transfer, that would make for a long day, so that's another reason why I decided not to do it.

Your opinion from your experience is your opinion - I'm not going to judge you - but I myself have not been to Falmouth before, and feel that I should at least do something in port.

I agree....I'm actually on this thread trying to find something to do in Falmouth. We were there a few years ago and had cancelled our shore excursion due to a last minute financial obligation to one of our dogs. There isn't a whole lot to do at the port, and to walk outside of the gate is pretty unsafe (we heard from others). We ended up doing a bit of shopping, ice cream and going to Margarittaville where the kids swam. It was fun, however, I really didn't feel that we experienced Jamaica at all. Just an FYI....we were on the Independence of the Seas and one of the shore excursions to the Dunn River Falls had a tragic accident. One of the buses was hit head on by a large truck and it flipped. A woman died and left her tween daughter alone in Jamaica at the hospital. They were having a dream mother-daughter cruise together, while her husband and other 3 children were back in the US. It was awful.