Help!

crosen2

Hurt my foot badly two weeks before my cruise.... We are leaving on July 1st on the Poesia and now I am currently in a full boot. Was wondering how mobility challenged friendly is the Poseia or all of the Ports? We are going to Bari, Mykonos, Athens, Saranda, Olympia and Dubrovnik. I'm feeling pretty depressed we have been planning this cruise for a very long time and now I feel so discouraged.

You may want to look into renting a wheelchair or scooter to get around. Hope it works out for you. Sorry for your injury.

Instead of renting a wheelchair or scooter you may want to check out one of the wheeled things that you just prop your injured leg up onto and scoot along. They seem to be much easier to navigate through crowds, will be easier to get off the ship if you need to tender and will probably be easier to use in port.

Can you walk okay with your full boot?

Im 50 and had a full boot on from December through February. During that time I went to Disney with my family between Christmas and New Years and still worked out six days a week, with the exception of doing cardio. Although a little cumbersome, I got around with the boot on just fine. I had a torn tendon, multiple fractures in my heel and swollen bone marrow, to name the top three of quite a few injuries. Maybe your injury is more serious, but when I had the boot on, it really was not too much of an issue.

I certainly would rather walk with it on than a wheelchair in Greece.

Did you get the SteP Up or whatever it may be called for your other foot? You attach it to your shoe of your non injured foot and it brings the hight up to match your boot foot. Its a big help with your back too.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your injury sounds more serious than mine and you have inspired me with your story for sure. Thank you for sharing. This is the first I have heard of the step up and since I can walk somewhat I think it would be really helpful! Its been a week now with the boot and slowly but surely I am doing much better with it. We leave a week from Thursday so I'm hoping to be a old pro by then. thanks!

Your injury sounds more serious than mine and you have inspired me with your story for sure. Thank you for sharing. This is the first I have heard of the step up and since I can walk somewhat I think it would be really helpful! Its been a week now with the boot and slowly but surely I am doing much better with it. We leave a week from Thursday so I'm hoping to be a old pro by then. thanks!

Let me get the Step Up information from my orders on Amazon and post it here. It is ugly but I wore it at work with my flats. I didn't need it on with my running/gym shoes since the soles were thicker. The boot is a pain but it is what it is and you can certainly walk around with it and up/down stairs, etc. What I also did is make sure my socks always had a black toe (for instance my gym socks were short and either black or white cotton with a black toe) so it blended in with the boot and didn't look as dirty. Also, if your pants (or shorts) are not tucked in the boot (don't do that only if you had on leggings), I wore a high sock with the workout sock on top of it. I didn't want the boot touching my legs but that's just me.

I broke my foot two weeks before my destination wedding in Mexico. I pre-arranged to have help at the airport, wheeled everywhere and taken through customs very quickly. At the resort it was difficult the first day but once you get the idea of where escalators/elevators are it gets easier. Shoe balancer works great, or i used one sandal that had the same level platform. Bring pain meds and ice packs that you can crack and use as needed. There are excursion companies that specify in people with disabilities so maybe look into those?

good luck!