Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

Hello.

The website operated by my local MSC representative not only does not offer online booking, but does not provide single-occupancy fares! Also, unfortunately, I believe due to IP address identification, I can't even see availability on other MSC websites.

In unrelated news, I forgot to post that about a month and a half ago, I came across Fred.Olsen's Singles Cruise Deals page. I was initially looking at their 26-night America's Cup itinerary that set sail earlier this month, but didn't pull the trigger. I then saw a single inside guaranteed cabin on their 27-night Arctic Fjords sailing for GBP 2,499 plus gratuities and booked it. I believe that price is no longer available, but there are other singles deals available, including 0% single supplement on some categories. For example, an inside guarantee on an eight-night Scottish Highlands August 6 sailing for GBP 849 plus gratuities.

Their website behaves kind of strange, in my opinion. If there are more than two fare types available for a particular sailing, you choose up to two fare types to compare to the default fare type. You can't always tell which fare type will provide the least expensive fares. Again, strange. When I called the UK number to confirm I was seeing the least expensive fare, I actually had to guide the representative to that particular fare. Yep. Nonetheless, their customer service has been fantastic, so far.

Fred Olsen does have some really good rates! Only thing is--if you book the lowest rates, there is 100% cancellation fee. I'm definitely going to look into them again closer to December for their Caribbean transatlantic!

Fred Olsen does have some really good rates! Only thing is--if you book the lowest rates, there is 100% cancellation fee. I'm definitely going to look into them again closer to December for their Caribbean transatlantic!

I'm glad you agree, bluesky!

Those 100%-cancellation-fee fares (Anchor Fares) might only become available after the final payment date. I believe there are large-percentage or 100% cancellation fees for many lines if you book after the final payment date, regardless of fare type. Fred.Olsen's schedule is:

Number of days before departure

Percentage of Price FOCL will be entitled to retain if the cruise is cancelled by you

90-57 days

60% (100% for Anchor Fares)

56-42 days

75% (100% for Anchor Fares)

41-16 days

85% (100% for Anchor Fares)

15 to 0 days

100%

Fred Olsen has 100% cancellation on their Single Summer Sale rates. The Caribbean, 17 day transatlantic on Dec 5 has a pop-up window that states that you have to pay in full and it's non-refundable. I wish that I could commit now, since it might be sold out by the fall, but I can't always take the days off from work. I hate that!

Hi, I know it's a long way off, but I just put a deposit on MSC Divina, March 14, 2019

20 night for $1738.29 total

with Voyager club 5% discount

Inside, Bella experience

I was able to book this cruise for the solo rate this morning.

Short notice, but better than no notice.

Norwegian Dawn

July 7-14, 2017

Bermuda

Roundtrip from Boston

inside guarantee $449

oceanivew guarantee $549

(Taxes $203.16 additional)

No perks available on these sail away rates. You could choose a higher fare and get perks.

I booked a solo cruise on NCL Spirit to the Greek Islands - 11 nights for $1099 with a $50 cabin credit plus your choice of one of their bonus offers. This is for the October 22, 2017 sailing in an inside cabin.

So was that a guarantee or where you able to pick your cabin?

Lots of notice on this one, BUT the deposit is non-refundable and it's $100 to make a change or change to another cruise.

Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

November 24-December 1, 2018

Southern Caribbean

Round trip from San Juan

Inside Guarantee Studio $478 (with $50 OBC)

Inside Studio $534

(Taxes $85.91 additional)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of notice on this one, BUT the deposit is non-refundable and it's $100 to make a change or change to another cruise.

Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas

November 24-December 1, 2018

Southern Caribbean

Round trip from San Juan

Inside Guarantee Studio $478 (with $50 OBC)

Inside Studio $534

(Taxes $85.91 additional)

Wow, great price but is this nonrefundable deposit/change fee option a relatively new feature of RCCL cruises? It's been a while since I've checked on a RCCL cruise. I also saw the same price for the Jewel 1 Dec 2018 departure. I've been jonesing for a cruise; gotta give these some thought. Thanks for posting!

Wow, great price but is this nonrefundable deposit/change fee option a relatively new feature of RCCL cruises? It's been a while since I've checked on a RCCL cruise. I also saw the same price for the Jewel 1 Dec 2018 departure. I've been jonesing for a cruise; gotta give these some thought. Thanks for posting!

The non-refundable deposit is an option that started July 1. They still have the traditional $250 deposit and no change fee for North American bookings as well. From what I've seen, it's a slightly lower price for non-refundable.

I'm already booked in an inside at 200% supplement, and the studios were only $100 less when I booked so I passed on it. I've emailed my TA, but this was too good not to share. If it's gone, I'll enjoy my space and double Crown and Anchor points.

I did this same cruise (slightly different itinerary) last Thanksgiving and it was a very nice cruise.

The non-refundable deposit is an option that started July 1. They still have the traditional $250 deposit and no change fee for North American bookings as well. From what I've seen, it's a slightly lower price for non-refundable.

I'm already booked in an inside at 200% supplement, and the studios were only $100 less when I booked so I passed on it. I've emailed my TA, but this was too good not to share. If it's gone, I'll enjoy my space and double Crown and Anchor points.

I did this same cruise (slightly different itinerary) last Thanksgiving and it was a very nice cruise.

Ahh, okay; thanks for the info. I can't make the one over Thanksgiving but I think the Dec 1 cruise is doable. Been a while since I've seen a solo RCCL cruise deal this good. Good luck on getting the studio cabin booked!

Great prices for solos on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas in Australia and USA websites.

1 September 2017 Shanghai to Singapore. 9 nights.

I booked a balcony for under $100 USD per night including gratuities.

Crown and Anchor discounts available also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got 1 Dec 2018 booked- $560.60 total w/25 OBC; website would not take CC payment so I had to call to get it booked. Figured with the $25 on board credit and price diff for a refundable booking I would only loose $19 if I have to change the cruise. 1 studio left for 1 Dec date; Price also available for 8 Dec 2018. Thanks again!

Edited by justfriends340

Anthem OTS November 10, 2018 $904 studio balcony 7 nights Bermuda with diamond discount.

Thanks for the heads up! I booked November 3, 2018 sailing. Ports in Bermuda and Boston.

Travel agent verified the deposit is refundable.