Suites 802 and 804

motone

We are booked in one of these suites later in the year and have just realised that they look as if they're directly underneath the fitness centre. Has anyone experienced any early morning noise from above? We underatand the centre will be open from 6.30 a.m. and we don't fancy being woken up at that time every morning by eager fitness fanatics. Hope to hear positive answers.

We were in 802 and friends in 804 on the Wind for 12 days and never noticed any noise from above. I won't say the gym isn't used but it's small and usually pretty quiet. Obviously it comes down the the passengers on a particular cruise but I wouldn't worry about it. We loved 802 and would book it again.

Dear Randyk47, Thank you so much for the information. You've really put my mind at rest. As we're doing a transatlantic cruise, we have lots of days at sea and assume that people will want to use the fitness centre on these days.

Thank you once again.:)

Hi motone, am only relating second hand what spinnaker2 told me numerous times during the first few days of our 17 day fall (November cross last year). Believe they were in 804 the suite directly below the Wind's small free weight (dumbells) and stretch room. She and her husband were awakened very early (circ 5 a.m.) by a loud banging (believe this SS guest weightlifter? Finished his/her set and then instead of gently putting the dumbbell down on the floor (directly below if I read the Wind deck plan correctly is 804) let it fall/drop with a loud bang. After complaints to the then HD Daniel Ilias, he fixed the situation by locking the small wt. room late at nite and did not allow it to reopen until 7 a.m. Have emailed Spinnaker2 and asked her to relate her first hand experiences with either suite 802 or 804

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by WesW

We were on the wind directly under the gym on 8. Never again. The noise is unbelievable. Weights dropping. Cleaning at night.

Besides which you can hear everything being said in the adjoining cabin and across the hall.

We were in 804.

The pax diagonally across the hall also asked to be moved because they could hear their neighbors constant coughing but were unhappy with what they were offered instead.

One morning about three am my husband could no longer stand the noise and went to the deck above, it was the cleaning crew.

And yes Daniel did try and keep the gym locked until 7 am, but if you wanted an afternoon nap you could forget about it.

The suite is nice but as I said never again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by spinnaker2

We were on the wind directly under the gym on 8. Never again. The noise is unbelievable. Weights dropping. Cleaning at night.

Besides which you can hear everything being said in the adjoining cabin and across the hall.

We were in 804.

The pax diagonally across the hall also asked to be moved because they could hear their neighbors constant coughing but were unhappy with what they were offered instead.

One morning about three am my husband could no longer stand the noise and went to the deck above, it was the cleaning crew.

And yes Daniel did try and keep the gym locked until 7 am, but if you wanted an afternoon nap you could forget about it.

The suite is nice but as I said never again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting how cabin environment can change from cruise to cruise. I'm not doubting Spinnacker2's experience and indeed I would not have been pleased if we'd had the same experience. On our cruise we had our friends in 804, a young couple across the hallway from them, and a father and his teenage daughter across the hall from us. We rarely saw much less heard the young couple and the father and daughter were out and about but not noisy. We actually liked just being in that four cabin setup and it was like our own private little bit of the ship so close to the pool deck area.

I actually read all the questions and reviews about this cabin before our cruise.

I recall some negative reviews but also positive ones.

I chose to disregard the negative reviews and that was my fault.

Yes the location is great.

Doesn't outweigh the noise factor.

This was a crossing cruise which meant we were in our suite more than usual.

Now I'm really confused!! We are hardly ever in our suite because we sit in the sun all day on deck (hopefully we'll be able to this time). As you say, passengers can vary from cruise to cruise. We've only ever had noise problems once before, many years ago when our next door neighbour played Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald music at 7 a.m. everyday. When we spoke to the Hotel Director about it, he told us that the gentleman, bless him was deaf as a post!! Still in two minds as to what to do. :rolleyes:

Now I'm really confused!! We are hardly ever in our suite because we sit in the sun all day on deck (hopefully we'll be able to this time). As you say, passengers can vary from cruise to cruise. We've only ever had noise problems once before, many years ago when our next door neighbour played Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald music at 7 a.m. everyday. When we spoke to the Hotel Director about it, he told us that the gentleman, bless him was deaf as a post!! Still in two minds as to what to do. :rolleyes:

I wish I could tell you it's absolutely going to be just fine. We had a great cruise in the same exact cabin that Spinnaker2 experienced a nightmare cruise. As we discussed above it's really the luck of the draw. Years ago on another line we booked and were in a cabin we'd been in maybe two or three times before. So what happens? We wind up in between an extended family or group of friends who have several cabins surrounding ours. They obviously liked to party hardy and every night.....actually morning since it was typically 2 AM.....they'd come back to their cabins and go through this drunken version of the Waltons' "good night John Boy" routine. Naturally since we were in the middle of the group so they'd stand in the hallway outside our cabin to yell theirs good nights. Grrrrr.....

On the cloud our suite was next to an elderly couple, one of whom was hard of hearing and had trouble reading. His wife bless her heart, read the menu aloud to him every day at the same time. DH and I had to smile at the happening. It was a predictable event, but a tender sharing and testament to a couple who apparently had learned to cope with some challenges of life. Although we could hear every word of the menu as she loudly read (and her diction was impeccable) it did not bother us.

In comparison, being privy to all of the sounds and conversations is a totally different matter. That being said, I wouldn't book 802 or 804 again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for responding to my query about suite 804 on the Silver Wind. Well it's done now - we've booked it! Hopefully there won't be any fitness fanatics on board that want to get up early in the morning.

Thank you everyone for responding to my query about suite 804 on the Silver Wind. Well it's done now - we've booked it! Hopefully there won't be any fitness fanatics on board that want to get up early in the morning.

Great! (y) :)

On the cloud our suite was next to an elderly couple, one of whom was hard of hearing and had trouble reading. His wife bless her heart, read the menu aloud to him every day at the same time. DH and I had to smile at the happening. It was a predictable event, but a tender sharing and testament to a couple who apparently had learned to cope with some challenges of life. Although we could hear every word of the menu as she loudly read (and her diction was impeccable) it did not bother us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That story really touched me. Thank you for posting it, and for being so understanding.