Flat rate taxis at Seatac to port

Dan G

Hi,

The Port of Seattle has a new cab company at seatac airport. Some cabs are metered and others are flat rate so for the present you need to ask for a flat rate one. To Downtown Seattle which would include Pier 66 the flat rate is $39 To Pier 91 its $45. A flat rate towncar for up to 4 is $45 to downtown and $60 to Pier 91. You do not need to reserve as these towncars and limos are always in the parking garage at Seatac. Just call ground transportation and the car will be sent to you in baggage claim. Taxis you need to walk over the skybridge to the taxi line in the parking garage. I'm hoping this can get 'pinned' as the question comes up a lot

• 2 weeks later...
We have 5 plus luggage. Can you request a mini van taxi for the same price? I know you can at SFO, they just have to call one up from the bull pen.

Same question...but I have 6 + luggage.

SeaTac airport does have minivan taxi's but don't know how well six would fit with luggage. They also have the shuttle vans which run $18 per person and kids ride free. My wife and I will be taking a shuttle van from airport to pier 66 next month. Both kids are free so we will pay $36.00

SeaTac airport does have minivan taxi's but don't know how well six would fit with luggage. They also have the shuttle vans which run $18 per person and kids ride free. My wife and I will be taking a shuttle van from airport to pier 66 next month. Both kids are free so we will pay $36.00

Do you need to reserve the shuttles? Or are they down at ground transportation waiting?

How does that relate to any of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an alternative idea. It's called thinking outside the box!

I've been to Seatac twice, it's expensive to take a taxi from Seatac to DT Seattle. The light rail is the easiest, fastest and most economical way to travel in Seattle.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

if you have 5 or 6 your really need to use the STILA towncars as they have limos that can hold 6. The problem is always the luggage as people tend to overpack. The shuttles are waiting at the taxi que. Even a minivan would only hold 4 and if you could find a bigger van then there would be no room for luggage. The flat rate towncars are the best option for multiple people. You can find them in the same area or call Ground Transportation from Baggage claim

Do you need to reserve the shuttles? Or are they down at ground transportation waiting?

You do not need to reserve ground transportation. It is located outside baggage claim and walk across skybridge. They have vans waiting. Its called shuttle express. I reserved online and saved 5%. Cost for two adults and two kids was $34.20. Kids ride free so this price is pretty good i am bookd at downtown Marriott on 7 July

OK flat rate towncar $45 to DT Seattle - just arrive and call ground transportation?! extra for luggage? tip expected? thanks!

no charge for luggage. They charge a few dollars more if more than 4 passengers. Rate does not include gratuity. You can call or cross the skybridge and you'll see the counter for Stila limos. Calling is easy as then they come to the door closest to you in baggage claim/.

cabs have always been in the parking garage so you have to cross the roadway from baggage claim by using the skybridge. If you called a cab then you met them up stairs in departures but that is a rarity now.

We are arriving at SeaTac via Princess Shuttle from Vancouver. We do not plan on flying out until two days later and have booked a hotel (Homewood Suites-Cnv Ctr-Pike Place). Not sure where the Princess shuttle will drop us off but interested inflat price taxi. Does anyone know if this is doable? Train out of question as I have no desire to handle luggage on train.

TIA

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
We are arriving at SeaTac via Princess Shuttle from Vancouver. We do not plan on flying out until two days later and have booked a hotel (Homewood Suites-Cnv Ctr-Pike Place). Not sure where the Princess shuttle will drop us off but interested inflat price taxi. Does anyone know if this is doable? Train out of question as I have no desire to handle luggage on train.

TIA

Chris

if its taking you to the airport then a $45 towncar would take you right to the hotel. If you can deal with luggage the light rail would take you to Westlake Station and you may have a 4 or 5 block fairly level walk to your hotel.

Just returned from Seattle. Picked up flat rate car at Seatac. It was the company that uses yellow and blue Prius He'll off a ride. Was $40 of pure hell from Seatace to Homewood Suites by Convention Center. Driver cutting in and out of traffic going 85 or more in 60mph zone. Felt lucky to arrive alive. Return was better. We had hotel arrange a town car service for $45 to airport. Driver much calmer and felt very safe