Which YC1 suite should I select? (SEASIDE)

mafig

I asked this before, but now I have a few more cabins in the mix and just want your opinions before I pull the trigger.

Which one would YOU pick?

16030 16032, 16041, 16043, 16047 and on Deck 18 (which I probably will stay away from)

18010, 18013, `8014, 18022, 18025.

i am leaning toward 16043. :)

Just curious... why are you preferring deck 16 to deck 18.

The cruise I'm looking at is sold out on 16 and had limited options on 18 so I'm choosing between 18801 vs 18038 and wondered what the pros and cons of either of those were.

The fact that 16 is sold out on my cruise would tend to imply that 16 is a more attractive option.

I'm leaning toward 16 because it's under 18 cabins and 18 is under the pool, and I don't know what else at this point. I was on Divina and picked 16 vs. 18 then, too, with good results.

When leaving Miami, I prefer port-side. I actually prefer port-side in general so maybe I'm biased.

Of your port-side options, I'd take 16043.

16041 is right next to the Royal Suite whirlpool tub (could be a noise issue). 16047 is too close to the elevators for my taste.

When leaving Miami, I prefer port-side. I actually prefer port-side in general so maybe I'm biased.

Of your port-side options, I'd take 16043.

16041 is right next to the Royal Suite whirlpool tub (could be a noise issue). 16047 is too close to the elevators for my taste.

That's where I'm leaning too.:D

MAFIG, we booked a January cruise in 16041 and chose it for the following reasons over 16043.

1, Chose deck 16 over 18 because of the worry over early morning deck chair movement as they do the cleaning. Also prefer to be a couple decks below people looking below from the public deck.

2, We thought it would afford more sun vs. the 16001 - 16037 cabins that are recessed back. Opposite is true if you prefer less sun on your veranda.

3, Could be wrong but thought it would be a little less guaranteed noise because 16037 is set back, less common wall.

I based this solely on the computer generated views and the construction photos. Goodness knows if I will be correct. This is our first cruise with MSC. We booked our 20-something daughters into 16043 so will have a good comparison.

3, Could be wrong but thought it would be a little less guaranteed noise because 16037 is set back, less common wall.

Nobody knows if there will be a noise issue between 16037 (whirlpool) and 16041 but I'm thinking that the plumbing between the walls might make some noise. The entire forward wall of 16041 is shared with 16037 (stateroom or balcony) and the whirlpool of 16037 is right in the middle of 16041 (I don't know the bed location of 16041).

In any case, please report back with any info for the 2 staterooms (41 & 43) such as bed location, noise, etc.

Thanks for your insights regarding the potential issues of deck 18 vs 16... The DS in the YC on 16 were already booked up so I had feeling there could be some concerns when 18 was all that was left on the Thanksgiving 2018 sailing. That said, the price was very good for that week vs other cruises i was looking at, so we're rolling the dice :)

Any thoughts regarding 18801 vs 18038?

I'm leaning toward 16 because it's under 18 cabins and 18 is under the pool, and I don't know what else at this point. I was on Divina and picked 16 vs. 18 then, too, with good results.

Hi Mafig,

Recognized your name, and see that it could be from either of a couple of cruises, as it looks like we were on the Oasis and/or the Reflection around the same time!

You mentioned that you were in a YC1 on Deck 16 on the Divina. We're booked in that same category on the Divina for our first MSC cruise, and wondered if you could tell us how you liked the cabin, how you found the YC overall, and how it compares to RCI/Celebrity etc.

Thanks for any input/info. Appreciate it.

PS. We also just booked on the Seaside in a YC1 for next year and also chose Deck 16! 😎👍

Hi, Robcat,

We would do Yacht Club again in a minute. While not perfect, I think you'll enjoy the YC very much.

I'm sure you've read that the YC suite isn't that big, but it's very nice and having the One Pool and private area is great.

I still like Celebrity too, but I find I'm trying to replicate the YC. Wanted to do a suite, but settled for Aqua and my husband didn't enjoy the food that much in Blu.

When will you be on Seaside?

Thanks for your comments and opinions, Mafig.

We did notice that the YC1 cabin was not exactly on the "sprawling" side, but not to worry, we're much more excited about the privacy of the actual YC. We like the private restaurant, pool and sit out area. The other amenities are lovely perks.

And we totally get what you're saying about "trying to replicate" the experience. The only true equivalent set-up, in our opinion, would be NCL's Haven. And that is, comparatively, much more expensive. So ... we're excited to try this out on the Divina.

And, unfortunately, we've got a much longer wait for the Seaside. Not on her until towards the end of 2018, so being on the Divina this year will give us a chance to experience this product first, and then hopefully we'll be even more looking forward to the next cruise ... on the Seaside. It looks like a gorgeous ship!

Thanks again, and smooth sailing on your upcoming cruises! :cool::)