11 nights in Luminae

patty1955

Appreciate the pics and comments,

Convinces us that we should stick with BLU....more salads and simpler .

Would be a shame to spend money on a suite only to skip Luminae....maybe we'll try it on a short cruise just to test it out....

I noticed that the menu is quite small although the food looks beautiful! Is there any way that you can order large tossed salads or just plain steak, chicken or fish? I'm thinking that some evenings I may want something plain rather than fussy.

Yes, you can order a tossed salad, just tell them you want a big one. My DH ordered Caesar Salads several times, both lunch & dinner.

You can order anything off the main menu as well. They have a core unchanging selection every day. We also asked to omit sauces or put them on the side. I was told if I wanted another filet mignon later in the week I could get one with a day's notice. They really will make you almost what you want. One day I didn't like any of the sides and just asked for 'some sort of potato' as I wasn't picky.

• 9 months later...

We were Aqua last year and really enjoyed Blu.

We booked Aqua again for our upcoming cruise, and a "deal" came up to upgrade to a suite.

Knowing nothing about Luminae, I was concerned. So off I went to search CC about Luminae, and your thread has provided great info and I cannot wait to experience Luminae.

Thanx for a great thread.

Have experienced Luminae on several cruises. My SO is not at all enamored of the "fancy stuff" (his words) and ordered frequently off the MDR menu. Just ask to see it and you can mix and match between the Luminae and MDR menus. He was able to get a decent steak and baked potatoe any time he wanted. By day three, our server brought the MDR menu with the Luminae menu.

Some of the Luminae lunches were simply to rich for my preference. I often got a large mixed salad with a grilled chicken breast or piece of salmon on top. Talk to your server. They are very accommodating. Be advised that Luminae burger is wonderful. It is large enough to feed a small, starving African country. If we order that, we share it.

Also know that the menus for all the restaurants, including the MDR, are available to view during the day in Michael's Club.

Does Luminae still allow orders from the MDR menu on Equinox? We will be on in Sept. next year and I know my husband will not be very happy with the Luminae menus But I will, and much prefer the quiet of a dedicated dining venue to the noise of a main dining room.

Does Luminae still allow orders from the MDR menu on Equinox? We will be on in Sept. next year and I know my husband will not be very happy with the Luminae menus But I will, and much prefer the quiet of a dedicated dining venue to the noise of a main dining room.

Yes, it was allowed on Equinox, March 2016 and Silhouette, March 2017. Nothing has changed.