MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Hoping maybe we can get a Sticky for both new builds, MSC Meraviglia and MSC Seaside, but in the meantime here are some interior renderings of MSC Seaside:

Bowling Alley:

1799124_1520800761506675_2746666936607804736_o.jpg

Comedy Club:

10011885_1520800821506669_4943213946386454221_o.jpg

Buffet:

11406538_1520800844840000_5281967915083488412_o.jpg

. I can't see any of these pictures. Do I need to do something special on my iPad?

Typical NCL. Nothing is actually "free" when it comes to Fee-Style cruising! Honestly it should be illegal to advertise something as free then charge $300 for it, but they get away with it under the guise of "service charges". I can guarantee the staff see none of it.

FEE-Style ... that's a good one! I later found out that the beverage package could NOT be used in all facilities, despite verbiage which indicated otherwise. You have to hunt for the disclaimer which is not included with the promotion - to learn that you cannot use the beverage package in certain bars. I wonder what other surprises I would have encountered. Gosh, I hate trying new cruise lines.

If either of you were given a certificate for a free dinner for two at a local restaurant, what would you do at the end of your meal regarding the gratuity that should be given your server? Would you stiff them because the meal was free? This is the same concept that NCL is applying here. You pay 18% on the cost of the meal or beverage packages.

If someone advertises something as free - it should be free. If the meal is free, but a gratuity is not included - just say so. I can handle that, but don't tell me it's free, but only if I pay $300 (truth in advertising goes a long way.) The two of us would not have consumed $300 in alcohol, so paying $600 in gratuities is bogus. If I walk into a local bar, I don't expect to pay $600 in gratuities if I have a glass of beer and my spouse has a ginger ale. That aside, $300 per person equates to a drink package of $1,700 each (at 18%). I don't know that I consumed $1,700 in alcohol - ever!

Now, I will grant you that 79 pp per day is expensive for the drinks package and I will also agree that they should include the tips like Celebrity does, but that is another discussion for another thread.

On my first MSC cruise, I had a beverage package - on the second, I had vouchers. Both times, I had specialty dining (loyalty match). In each instance, I asked (in advance) if gratuities were included. The cruise line and travel agent said, "YES." When I was in the Main Dining Room, I asked the Head Server the same question, and was also told that they were included (main dining room, specialty dining and bars) ... even the servers in the coffee bar said they were included. Granted, I am new to MSC, but this seems like gratuities are included (was I misinformed)? On my "previous" cruise line, we received complimentary specialty dining due to our loyalty - gratuities were included.

If the meal is free, but a gratuity is not included - just say so. I can handle that, but don't tell me it's free, but only if I pay $300 (truth in advertising goes a long way.)

For NCL, it's easier to think of the UBP promo as "$15 towards an unlimited number of drinks for only $14.22 a day". If the drink is $15 or less (most drinks) the guest pays nothing extra. If more than $15, the guest pays the amount over $15 plus 18%.

I know that NCL's wording is (intentionally)...sneaky but once understood, it isn't so bad. $14.22 for unlimited number is actually pretty good.

It was better when suite guests didn't have to pay it.:mad:

Guys ... This thread was set up by Mike as the "Seaside Rendring`s" thread and not to discuss different cruise lines and their drink packages thread !

Please respect what it was set up for and start a new thread if needed on the subject of drink packages .. :)

FEE-Style ... that's a good one! I later found out that the beverage package could NOT be used in all facilities, despite verbiage which indicated otherwise. You have to hunt for the disclaimer which is not included with the promotion - to learn that you cannot use the beverage package in certain bars. I wonder what other surprises I would have encountered. Gosh, I hate trying new cruise lines.

Been on the Escape twice with the UBP and every bar accepted the program, including those in the specialty restaurants. Self serve wine machines and in cabin mini bars were the only exceptions. The only bar that I have read about that is excluded is the ice bar that is not on the Escape.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Guys ... This thread was set up by Mike as the "Seaside Rendring`s" thread and not to discuss different cruise lines and their drink packages thread !

Please respect what it was set up for and start a new thread if needed on the subject of drink packages .. :)

The thread could always die a slow death because of MSC's inept marketing regarding the promotion of the Seaside. Hopefully once the hullabaloo about the Meraviglia dies down then we can see some progress regarding the construction of the vessel specifically constructed to sail the Caribbean and seek the sun.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

MSC has posted a new picture of Seaside on Instagram that shows life boats being loaded on:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVxjARqhE7H/?taken-by=mscseasideofficial

Cool, means we are one step closer to boarding on this magnificent piece of gorgeousness!!!

Thank you Sidari and Dr. Coctail and everyone else who has posted pictures of the construction of the Seaside! We really do appreciate it!

Have a great day everyone,

Gerry

Well said sid

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked an SE3 Suites last June 2016 with another couple. Since then we have had to change our stateroom because it is only 1 bedroom, not the 2 which is advertised. After making a payment yesterday, my confirmation booking is listing VIP Treatment in the Amenities field. Does anyone know what this is? We ended up going from a Aurea Suite to an Aurea Balcony. They also added another $100 OBC.

We booked an SE3 Suites last June 2016 with another couple. Since then we have had to change our stateroom because it is only 1 bedroom, not the 2 which is advertised. After making a payment yesterday, my confirmation booking is listing VIP Treatment in the Amenities field. Does anyone know what this is? We ended up going from a Aurea Suite to an Aurea Balcony. They also added another $100 OBC.

"VIP Treatment" sounds nice! :) We booked another cruise in May, and since then, our first Seaside cruise no longer shows up on our account. Having called MSC, I am told it is a known glitch (still in their system, but not showing up online). I wonder who else may be experiencing a similar situation.

SDLong we have had the same problem. Once we booked our May cruise our Dec 1 cruise disappeared from the site. Our PVP said that since it was now pd off we would be able to access the web checkin and it would be there. If not she would do it for us.

I hope that helps,

Gerry

You will find this issue is being discussed on the MSC website is awful and another one, no immediate fix according to MSC and not for the foreseeable future.

Meanwhile they continue to alter and change the website instead of fixing an issue that affects Thousands of passengers and of course MSC booking staff and Travel agents.

"VIP Treatment" sounds nice! :) We booked another cruise in May, and since then, our first Seaside cruise no longer shows up on our account. Having called MSC, I am told it is a known glitch (still in their system, but not showing up online). I wonder who else may be experiencing a similar situation.

I also have 2 cruises booked through MSC, but I can only see one when I login using my username. However, the US MSC website offers 2 login options. I find that I can view either booking by logging in using the booking number, first name, last name option. Unfortunately I still can't see both bookings at the same time.

I contacted MSC rep yesterday and she looked up the code shown and she said it's Sparkling Wine ? 🤔 It better not be. They owe us more due to their royal goof. Still waiting for my TA to investigate this.

Thanks for these photos!

I've been reading some of the Meraviglia threads and noticing the gelato, pastries, smoothies, and specialty coffees are fee based? Or perhaps that's specifically only at the Jean Philippe location. We've upgraded to the premium drinks package for our Seaside cruise at the end of the year and I'm getting worried that all those extras--beyond alcohol--will suddenly not be included because they'll only be available at the Jean Phillipe. My kids will be sorely disappointed if that happens. As will I. I appreciate my coffee drinks each day. As always...wish we knew more! :(

You will find this issue is being discussed on the MSC website is awful and another one, no immediate fix according to MSC and not for the foreseeable future.

Meanwhile they continue to alter and change the website instead of fixing an issue that affects Thousands of passengers and of course MSC booking staff and Travel agents.

As a former computer programmer, I've never seen a cruise line website without its faults. Granted, some are larger than others. Some of this is a double-edged sword. Programmers works on a needed update, then launch the update, only to find that it has created glitches. Often, this boils down to not having checked the update for bugs or continuity prior to being launched.

Edited by SDLong329

I also have 2 cruises booked through MSC, but I can only see one when I login using my username. However, the US MSC website offers 2 login options. I find that I can view either booking by logging in using the booking number, first name, last name option. Unfortunately I still can't see both bookings at the same time.

For those who are not familiar with the two methods, please refer to the image below.

LOGIN (left) utilizes your Voyagers Club # to log in, and is designed to show current bookings, as well as past bookings.

MANAGE YOUR BOOKING (right) utilizes your respective Reservation # to log in, and is designed to show only that specific reservation.

954658562_o.jpg

Thanks for these photos!

I've been reading some of the Meraviglia threads and noticing the gelato, pastries, smoothies, and specialty coffees are fee based? Or perhaps that's specifically only at the Jean Philippe location. We've upgraded to the premium drinks package for our Seaside cruise at the end of the year and I'm getting worried that all those extras--beyond alcohol--will suddenly not be included because they'll only be available at the Jean Phillipe. My kids will be sorely disappointed if that happens. As will I. I appreciate my coffee drinks each day. As always...wish we knew more! :(

Yes, they are fee based, but are also part of various (US) all-inclusive beverage packages (I am not sure about the pastries - but most are priced from 60 cents to about $2). The beverages (and possibly the pastries) are also available as part of a plethora of voucher packages - for those who do not have an all-inclusive package. You should be able to look up your beverage package to see what is included. When you stop by the gelato bar, make sure you try the Stracciatella.