Upgrades?

debafog

Be careful what you wish for. They upgraded us to a fantastica cabin two floors up but directly under the dining room on the opposite side of the ship which is not suitable for somebody that does not like a lot of noise. This was done without our knowledge and took a number of calls to get put back to our original cabin. Keep an eye on your booking if you have selected a particular cabin as you may find you have been 'upgraded' already.

Has anyone ever gotten upgraded on the MSC Divina or any other MSC cruise. We usually sail NCL and receive upgrade offers to different level cabin categories.

Hi,

This spring we booked MSC Splendida cruise in Mediterranean, two inside cabins with Bella experience. When we embarked, they gave us two balcony cabins with Fantastica experience and all other perks. Our daughter was alone in one of them.

I'm Black member, and my DW and girl, they are Gold members.

It's always matter of availability, cruise season and as I understand, it's up to MSC itself, not TA.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

This spring we booked MSC Splendida cruise in Mediterranean, two inside cabins with Bella experience. When we embarked, they gave us two balcony cabins with Fantastica experience and all other perks.

Very surprised to hear that as free upgrades give you the upgraded cabin category but not the 'Experience' that goes with it.

We received an upgrade on Fantasia in Feb from Fantastica balcony to Aurea balcony without the perks.

We booked at a Fantastica balcony price for a guarantee on Sinfonia for August last year and also got an upgrade to an Aurea suite - again, sans perks.

Very surprised to hear that as free upgrades give you the upgraded cabin category but not the 'Experience' that goes with it.

We received an upgrade on Fantasia in Feb from Fantastica balcony to Aurea balcony without the perks.

We booked at a Fantastica balcony price for a guarantee on Sinfonia for August last year and also got an upgrade to an Aurea suite - again, sans perks.

Hi Bea,

Thanks again for all your efforts about Meraviglia.

We were also very, very surprised about the whole thing. I had a little chat with Reception Chief Officer and she told me that "system" creates space for upgrades, and that their central booking office according to their rules makes cabin upgrades.

Because of the new rules which they have been implementing for over a year already, same kind of cabin on different deck means different experience automatically. Of course Black and double Gold, gave us some advantage.

In some post from a few days ago, somebody asked about "why this kind of cabin, in the aft can't be YC category" if I remember well.

Seems to me that they have to have "territorial" distribution for easy guest/cleaning/dining/etc. management. And we were just lucky in whole process.

Greetings

Hi Bea,

Thanks again for all your efforts about Meraviglia.

We were also very, very surprised about the whole thing.

Well done, so. Great information there, DTL!

Another situation where something cannot be definitively stated. In this case it's that "The upgrade is cabin only and not 'Experience'" according to your evidence otherwise.

Well done, so. Great information there, DTL!

Another situation where something cannot be definitively stated. In this case it's that "The upgrade is cabin only and not 'Experience'" according to your evidence otherwise.

Us I understand, every balcony cabin on deck 15 as example, have Fantastica. Same cabin on let's say deck 8 is Bella. If every Bella on the ship is already booked, when they gave you an upgrade, you will get experience upgrade as well. That's how I understand this. Very important in whole process is your VC status.

Be careful what you wish for. They upgraded us to a fantastica cabin two floors up but directly under the dining room on the opposite side of the ship which is not suitable for somebody that does not like a lot of noise. This was done without our knowledge and took a number of calls to get put back to our original cabin. Keep an eye on your booking if you have selected a particular cabin as you may find you have been 'upgraded' already.

Likewise....we booked a Bella mid-ship balcony cabin with bath low deck on Splendida and MSC "upgraded" us to a Fantastica top deck forward connecting cabin with no Fantastica perks...absolutely no upgrade to us a much worse positioned cabin as I suffer from vertigo and need a low deck mid-ship cabin and was also looking forward to having a bath instead of shower.

Thank you all for the information. I am Black status and currently booked in a Bella balcony. I would love to be upgraded to get all of the perks of one of the other experiences. The cabin we have is perfect right now unless they upgrad to YC and give all the perks!

Not true ............. see posts ≠3 & ≠5.

This is still the official position

from the compare experiences, terms and conditions, useful information.

"Cabin Numbers and Other Preferences.

Specific cabin numbers, decks, dining arrangements or bed types can be requested at the time of booking. However, these arrangements cannot always be guaranteed. When a complimentary upgrade is offered, our guests will benefit from the higher category cabin, and continue to receive the experience benefits booked (precruise or on-board). "

Though I must admit that in the early days of experiences I managed to get an upgrade from Bella inside to Fantastica OV for no additional cost, purely based on being a Black Card holder, this was in the days of the old MSC Club and not the new Voyager's Club (when you earned the Black Card and the bent over backwards to keep you loyal)

Pete

But the official position doesn't tally with DTL's experience.

"No shorts in restaurants for dinner" is clearly stated in the 'Suggested dress codes' on the planner - another official position. I saw a man in (smart) shorts leave the YC restaurant after dinner last week!

The official position is that items on menus with one asterisk are included in the deluxe (premium) drinks package. All the items on the menu in Jean-Philippe café on Meriviglia have one asterisk, but are not included. When we ordered food in the Brass Anchor, there was one asterisk against the items, but we were charged, despite being covered by the deluxe package. After we queried this, they added a second asterisk to the menus!

MSC is constantly moving the goalposts which is why I try to avoid giving definitive answers on here and only speak to what I've seen onboard.

"No shorts in restaurants for dinner" is clearly stated in the 'Suggested dress codes' on the planner - another official position. I saw a man in (smart) shorts leave the YC restaurant after dinner last week!

The official position is that items on menus with one asterisk are included in the deluxe (premium) drinks package. All the items on the menu in Jean-Philippe café on Meriviglia have one asterisk, but are not included. When we ordered food in the Brass Anchor, there was one asterisk against the items, but we were charged, despite being covered by the deluxe package. After we queried this, they added a second asterisk to the menus!

MSC is constantly moving the goalposts which is why I try to avoid giving definitive answers on here and only speak to what I've seen onboard.

I try to include documentary evidence of "the Official position" for people to read and then they understand what it is.

I agree what happens on board varies from ship to ship and even day to day on any individual ship.

Much of the variation comes from individual personnel interpreting the rules and they can be swayed by guests, particularly those with Black Cards.

Pete

Not true ............. see posts ≠3 & ≠5.

It was true in our case....booked a Bella balcony cabin in a good position for my needs but MSC "upgraded" us to a Fantastica balcony cabin with absolutely no extra perks of a Fantastica experience...that was on Splendida September 2016

It was true in our case....booked a Bella balcony cabin in a good position for my needs but MSC "upgraded" us to a Fantastica balcony cabin with absolutely no extra perks of a Fantastica experience...that was on Splendida September 2016

We were on Splendida March 2017. Maybe they change something in their policy, I don't know. I know what we paid and what we got. In the real life, Bella vs. Fantastica isn't so big difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on Splendida March 2017. Maybe they change something in their policy, I don't know. I know what we paid and what we got. In the real life, Bella vs. Fantastica isn't so big difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True...you don't get much extra...in fact we lost out...I was really looking forward to having a bath with the Bella cabin instead of a shower.

We were on the Splendida in May this year for a Med cruise. We were booked into an Aurea experience balcony. When we got to our cabin on deck 13 there were other people's names on the room cards, so I rang reception who said we had been ungraded to Yacht Club. We had no prior warning when we embarked, so it was a wonderful suprise. We have only ever cruised once before and not with MSC, so I have no idea why were were upgraded but certainly enjoyed the experience. :D

What if you're guaranteed and then upgraded? We book Fantastica interior guarantee on Divina in Sept and got assigned Wellness interior. When I log in I have the Wellness pre-cruise survey. Does this means we will get the benefits for Wellness?

What if you're guaranteed and then upgraded? We book Fantastica interior guarantee on Divina in Sept and got assigned Wellness interior. When I log in I have the Wellness pre-cruise survey. Does this means we will get the benefits for Wellness?

I very much doubt it

because of his statement

from the compare experiences, terms and conditions, useful information.

"Cabin Numbers and Other Preferences.

Specific cabin numbers, decks, dining arrangements or bed types can be requested at the time of booking. However, these arrangements cannot always be guaranteed. When a complimentary upgrade is offered, our guests will benefit from the higher category cabin, and continue to receive the experience benefits booked (precruise or on-board). "

Pete

If it's me you are asking, then yes we got all the Yacht Club perks. :D

Did you get the whole yacht club "experience"? Private dining, mini fridge alcohol refills, free drinks etc.?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got pretty lucky with an upgrade on the Divina last week. We had only booked a couple of bella interior cabins, as a spur of the moment - "just need to get away" break. We were allocated balcony cabins on 12th and 13th floor. Same experience level, but they were Fantastica location cabins. We did not have any high status, having cruised with MSC on the Divina just once before. Had a fabulous time!

• 8 months later...

How can they state "no Shorts" if it is a "suggested" dress code? This tells folks it's merely a suggestion