Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

I logged onto the website tonight (both new and old site) to see if I could edit my profile information and actually insert my middle name which previously was there, but the new site omitted. I still couldn't do it. Imagine my surprise that all of my cruise reservations have disappeared. I tried to access them by logging in (new and old sites) and accessing My Celebrity or My Reservations....no record found. I logged out and went in the alternative way by clicking on Already Booked? and entered my reservation numbers along with name, ship and sail date....NOTHING!!!!! This isn't Modern Luxury, it MODERN MADDNESS!!!!!!:mad:

See, some features of the old website have been carried over to the new web site!
Yes, it appears that they chose the most frustrating features to carry over, and then augmented them with a number of new, even more frustrating ones. Edited by fleckle

So what happens if you don't use on line check-in??? What if you go to embarkation without your XPress and tell them it wouldn't work online. I know it would hold up the line, but I don't think they aren't going to let you board. Just curious [emoji6]

No worry - they will let you board.

It just takes a little longer because you need to supply the missing info right there at check in.

Sometimes they give you a form to fill out, and you step to the side to fill it out so you don't hold up the line.

Other times the agent just asks you the questions verbally and keys in your answers right there.

I have just had to spend 45 minutes waiting on the phone and to complete check in after the online check recorded an error and stopped working.

Could not get into anything all seized up.

What an absolute shambles for a large international company.

Soooo what do you want? Eden and a Magic Carpet or a website that actually works? It's pretty clear where Celebrity's management is focused.

Um, Celebrity can have its snake back. I get snakes in Florida for free. No need to pay those outrageous Edge prices for its lackluster itineraries. Although if people searching for Caribbean itineraries keep getting Alaskan itineraries (as was my experience), it will be tough for them to get many Edge bookings.

I have just had to spend 45 minutes waiting on the phone and to complete check in after the online check recorded an error and stopped working.

Could not get into anything all seized up.

What an absolute shambles for a large international company.

Amazing that a for-profit company would make it difficult (to impossible) to TAKE our money! They are literally walking over money. If I were a shareholder I'd be screaming!

We will be making final payment in a few days..going to apply BOA points to reduce the amount...definitely using Cap Club rep to transact this..

We do not trust the website at all.....and have been keeping a paper trail file..really hi tech!

I'm unable to log into my account at all. After entering user name and password I get a blank page. What a fiasco!

Me too! I think we should all refuse to purchase excursions, dining/drink packages and spa treatments until they get this fixed! Hit them where it hurts.

Yikes....who designed this new website!!!!! and who approved it. Did they even troubleshoot for ease of use.

It's horrible.

They had better redesign it, they are going to lose a lot of business.

As it is, I've switched over to Oceania....Celebrity you are striking out your repeat cruisers.

Cathy,

I used to like cruising on Celebrity, but our Dec 2013 cruise left much to be desired whereas our 2016 cruise on Oceania was terrific. Now Oceania is my favorite cruise line! Our next cruise will be with my DH's bro and his sis-N-law; she will only cruise with Celebrity so we are stuck. I am really hating the website experience, AUGH!

Hey, all you people having problems,

If you were me, would you book a cruise now, or wait?

How in the world did you manage to find a cruise you want to book? I can't find anything on the "new, improved" website. I'm busy ordering brochures from other cruiselines.

Definitely book through a TA so you have a record of the transaction. I always book with a TA anyway.

How in the world did you manage to find a cruise you want to book? I can't find anything on the "new, improved" website. I'm busy ordering brochures from other cruiselines.

Definitely book through a TA so you have a record of the transaction. I always book with a TA anyway.

I would book a cruise, but only with a TA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Well, since I (and everyone else on this board) am/are so frustrated with X's website, I thought I would look at other lines' offerings. I browsed cruises on Princess' site and found an easy to use website (as someone already mentioned) but v little information on the AK land tours. X provides a more thorough description of land tours in their e-brochure. I tried Holland America, and, GET THIS - the website won't display more than the first 4 days of an itinerary. You have to guess the rest.

I was ready to take my business elsewhere, but CAN'T! (Sadly, Oceania's land tours are not a good value - consistent with the widely known criticism that their excursions are over priced and poor values, so book your own excursion). Maybe I will just give up!:(

Nothing but issues with this company, feel my phone is glued to my ear to get checked in. I think I will have to phone to pay my balance, due in a few days.

One of the problems they tell me is that for Uk customers we have to be automatically moved from .co.uk to .com Celebrity site and many of our browsers do not allow that because of the way that the .com site is certificated. Nuts for an international company.

For the benefit of Celebrity IT listening in, here are my issues so far:

Cannot download the e-brochure, so every time I want to open it up, I must start from the beginning to get to it. I would like to be able to save it to my harddrive, perhaps as a pdf file

I can save cruises that I like, but no where can I find my saved cruises to look at them again. I have to start from scratch to find a cruise (painful)

When browsing for a cruise, I must always go through refinements to select "cruise package" in "Features" so that I can look at cruisetours. It will remember my refinements previously entered for "offers", but not for cruisetours. I cannot just modify "Features"; when I select "Refinements" it will always make me first enter the number of pax before I can then modify "Features" to select cruisetours.

Now for some suggestions, not bugs:

I would like to be able to scroll through more than 4 cruises at a ime as I am browsing through cruises from my search. As it is, when I get to the bottom of the screen, I must select "load more", adding a delay.

While I appreciate the large print as I am reviewing the cruises from my search, actually very little information is displayed for each cruise - I must select the cruise to get more information, like itinerary and more pricing options. I prefer to see on my search screen prices for each major category (Inside, Oceanview, Veranda, Aquaclass, Suite, etc). And, tell me on this same screen (perhaps by graying out the category so I cannot click through on that category) if my preferred category is sold out. I won't waste my time. I do like how it is easy to change the departure date.

I am not very good with computers, but I am in your demographic group, so you just have to deal with me!

Good luck!

Online check now completely stuffed, says because of a technical fault. Also cannot get into manage my cruise.

I'm having the same problem. First problem was when I tried to pay online. Got 2 messages simultaneously- "Congratulations, your cruise is confirmed!", and underneath it "Sorry, due to security reasons we are unable to access your reservation." No email confirmation, still showed a balance due, so I called and they didn't even show that I attempted to make a payment. The res. agent was able to apply payment quickly.

I got ALMOST done with online check-in, and got the technical difficulties message you got. I haven't tried to get back into manage my cruise yet, it can wait, we don't leave for 2 1/2 months. I was able to print my Xpress pass.

Well, since I (and everyone else on this board) am/are so frustrated with X's website, I thought I would look at other lines' offerings. I browsed cruises on Princess' site and found an easy to use website (as someone already mentioned) but v little information on the AK land tours. X provides a more thorough description of land tours in their e-brochure. I tried Holland America, and, GET THIS - the website won't display more than the first 4 days of an itinerary. You have to guess the rest.

I was ready to take my business elsewhere, but CAN'T! (Sadly, Oceania's land tours are not a good value - consistent with the widely known criticism that their excursions are over priced and poor values, so book your own excursion). Maybe I will just give up!:(

LOL I thought it was just me. I also went to the HAL site to search for cruises and had the same problem.

Last two days I also started ordering brochures from different cruise lines . I also called up Celebrity's Captain's Club to get a current brochure of their itineraries and I was told to look at the website :eek: I explained that was not an option since their site is horrible :( Representative had to ask a supervisor's permission to send me a current brochure:rolleyes: This website situation is insane, it has to be causing Celebrity to lose bookings!