Cuban fusion & Pride of Panama

Hi.

I have done cruises in the Med but this is our first in this area.

Question is what currency do I need I was thinking Dollars.

Any advice is appreciated we are going in February.

Many thanks Gill

You only need dollars all round the Caribbean but In Havana you will need to change either sterling or dollars into the tourist currency in the port building try not to change too much if you are only going to be buying drinks If you have a trip on the overnight stay you usually have drinks included but if not there are great music bars to visit

:cool:Hi we will be doing Cuban fusion in Feb 2018 does anyone know if any of the ports we will be visiting are near to a beach or town as we don't want to do excursions every day . We would like the option of doing our own thing where possible thanks

If I remember rightly you are going to Havana with an overnight and to Cozumel and Grand Cayman where you can find beaches easily You can walk in both stops but you'd be better getting a taxi which will pick you up when you want to take you back to the ship as although flat it is very hot usually and can take up to half an hour

We did a great trip to swim with sting rays in Grand Cayman - coach then a boat and then to a lovely beach for a couple of hours before returning back to ship

In Havana in the evening you are safe to walk about until the early hours fantastic bars every where with fantastic musicians

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend any independent tours at any of the ports on Cuban Fusion/Exotic Explorer. Going to do the old cars in Havana and possibly Cave tubing/zipwire in Belize, but i remember doing a fab tour with Cosal in St Lucia and it was much cheaper and more fun than the Thomson trips. Have looked at a few but would prefer some tried and tested companies as these ports are new to us. Saying that, the ones i have looked at so far, don't seem much cheaper than Thomson. Just want to make sure we are safe with our choices.

Thanks all

• 3 weeks later...

;)

Can anyone recommend any independent tours at any of the ports on Cuban Fusion/Exotic Explorer. Going to do the old cars in Havana and possibly Cave tubing/zipwire in Belize, but i remember doing a fab tour with Cosal in St Lucia and it was much cheaper and more fun than the Thomson trips. Have looked at a few but would prefer some tried and tested companies as these ports are new to us. Saying that, the ones i have looked at so far, don't seem much cheaper than Thomson. Just want to make sure we are safe with our choices.

Thanks all

Hello everyone, could you please advise me as to whether you require to get a Cuban Tourist Card or Visa to visit Havana for the day. Or does this get attended to onboard. Any information appreciated.