Which Specialty Restaurant?

champagne123

I know food is subjective, but we are celebrating a very special occasion on the Equinox in October. Which one would you suggest? Murano, Tuscan Grille or Silk? Our pallets are very versatile and do not care what type of food as much as good service and nice atmosphere. :)

If it is a very special occasion, then you cannot go past Murano. Tuscan Grill is lovely and has that amazing view aft...but is a bit more casual. Murano is definately more refined and just a bit 'special'

Edited by BINDY31
Spelling

Murano's would be my choice for a special occasion. Not only with its table side food preparation does it offer a little 'theatre' the dining is leisurely.

Make sure you let the staff know when you book what you are celebrating and they will look after you!

Another nod to Murano, due to the room and presentation. Oh, and the food is really good too.

We are back on the Equinox for the 3rd time in Nov, and you won't be dissapointed with the meal no matter which you go to.

Guest Nellsmom58

Murano definitely, as it it more upscale and the service is exquisite. We celebrated DH's birthday there and everything was perfect!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know food is subjective, but we are celebrating a very special occasion on the Equinox in October. Which one would you suggest? Murano, Tuscan Grille or Silk? Our pallets are very versatile and do not care what type of food as much as good service and nice atmosphere. :)

First, congratulations on your special occasion My vote would be for Murano. We also enjoy the great view from Tuscan Grille.

My wife likes Murano not because they have great food, but because they asked her if white napkin is okay or if she preferred black. We never had anyone asked us which color of napkin we preferred at a restaurant LOL. The food was good but the napkin color choice took the cake. :D

After you're done celebrating in Murano, I suggest you do another night in Silk Harvest. I thought the food and service on my December cruise were very good and varied. I'm not easily pleased with food. I like it tasty, cooked properly with good attentive service while not being overbearing. I found my experience in Silk Harvest to be top notch.

After you're done celebrating in Murano, I suggest you do another night in Silk Harvest. I thought the food and service on my December cruise were very good and varied. I'm not easily pleased with food. I like it tasty, cooked properly with good attentive service while not being overbearing. I found my experience in Silk Harvest to be top notch.

I agree with that as well .... I love Silk Harvest, too. Murano is the place for a 'special dinner' and Silk is where to go for great Asian Fusion fare.

Would agree that Murano is the most elegant restaurant of the lot....but one should look at their menu and make sure they will be satisfied with the haute cuisine offered in that venue. As to Tuscan Grill, we have been underwhelmed with the food/service in several different Tuscan Grills. Somebody mentioned the view...which we agree is terrific....when its light enough to actually see outside. At night, unless there is a very bright moon you will see nothing but windows and reflections from inside.

Hank

I will second the Tuscan Grill. The view is amazing!!! The food and the service were outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote here for the Tuscan Grill. Amazing, deep flavors, comfort food with an upscale twist - and you can't beat the view!

We've eaten in all three, and Tuscan is consistently excellent in taste, presentation and attention to service. IMHO, Murano can be iffy.

Whichever you choose, enjoy!

Would agree that Murano is the most elegant restaurant of the lot....but one should look at their menu and make sure they will be satisfied with the haute cuisine offered in that venue. As to Tuscan Grill, we have been underwhelmed with the food/service in several different Tuscan Grills. Somebody mentioned the view...which we agree is terrific....when its light enough to actually see outside. At night, unless there is a very bright moon you will see nothing but windows and reflections from inside.

Hank[/quote

I couldn't agree more. IMHO Tuscan is an comparable to an over priced chain restaurant. Nothing special. We tried it twice and vowed never again! Since we dine late, unless we are cruising Alaska or other itinerary where the sun sets after 8 or 9, the view is a non issue since all we see is a reflection of the diners inside.

Just when I thought I had my mind made up!!! Ugh. Maybe I will just buy the 3 night dining package with my OBC. (I was going to use it for something from Michael Kors :o).....Sticking with Murano for our special occasion though.

Thank you for all of the wonderful input, ideas and suggestions!!! :ship:

I agree with that as well .... I love Silk Harvest, too. Murano is the place for a 'special dinner' and Silk is where to go for great Asian Fusion fare.

Ah yes I to must chime in and agree 100% with these 2.

We do a group dinner in Silk with the Roll Call, 12 went in 2014, and 24 in 2015. This year we are up to 30 going on the same evening.

We just used our OBC to get the 9 dinner pkg for our next cruise.

EW

Just when I thought I had my mind made up!!! Ugh. Maybe I will just buy the 3 night dining package with my OBC. (I was going to use it for something from Michael Kors :o).....Sticking with Murano for our special occasion though.

Thank you for all of the wonderful input, ideas and suggestions!!! :ship:

Don't be so hasty. If you play your cards right, you may be able to get a BOGO on Silk Harvest when you first get on board. Last December they were trying to fill that restaurant by offering discounts most of the cruise. Plus Silk Harvest is also priced less than the other two specialty restaurants. I got it for $20 instead of $35.

As you pass the sales desk outside the buffet, they'll offer you a discount. They always start with a small discount hoping you'll bite. Say something like, on my last cruise at embarkation I was given 50% off the first night. Can you do that for me at Silk Harvest. If you act like you'll pass if they don't, (make sure you're polite & respectful) he may do that for you or he may have to check with his supervisor first. Regardless, you should get at least 30% off without any push back.

Holy Moly!!!! Murano it is! Thank you for everyone's input...:):):)

Congratulations! Glad you chose Murano. There's a nice discount - 20% - if you reserve the first night. The lobster cooked table side is amazing. So is the Chateaux Briand served table side if you don't like seafood. There is so much food that I highly recommend skipping lunch that day.

Don't be so hasty. If you play your cards right, you may be able to get a BOGO on Silk Harvest when you first get on board. Last December they were trying to fill that restaurant by offering discounts most of the cruise. Plus Silk Harvest is also priced less than the other two specialty restaurants. I got it for $20 instead of $35.

As you pass the sales desk outside the buffet, they'll offer you a discount. They always start with a small discount hoping you'll bite. Say something like, on my last cruise at embarkation I was given 50% off the first night. Can you do that for me at Silk Harvest. If you act like you'll pass if they don't, (make sure you're polite & respectful) he may do that for you or he may have to check with his supervisor first. Regardless, you should get at least 30% off without any push back.

THank you!!!😎