Just back from an awesome cruise on the Dream!

KRF326

I'll be sailing that same itinerary on Oct 1 and I would love to hear about what you did at each of the ports. This is my first time cruising and planning what to do at the ports is the only thing I'm a little worried about.

Elizabeth,

check out Mr Sanchos at cozumel. It's not through Carnival but i've heard great things about them and some friends of mine have also recommended this beach to me. 55$ gets you all you can eat and drink, access to the swimming pool and beach. I believe you just have to take a taxi there, which they have a good amount of them waiting to take cruisers to that location. Visit their website to reserve (for 5$) and pay he remaining amount upon arrival

Thanks for all the awesome information! We leave on the Dream on August 13th.

Could you tell me if the Dream is using the old menus or the new American Table menu? How was the food overall?

The Dream is using the AT menu. I have nothing to compare it to as this was our first cruise, but I thought it was good overall. Some nights were better than others, but every night something was fantastic.

Was it what you had "Dream" about? or did this ship surpass or did not reach your expectations?

I have nothing to compare to as it was our first cruise, but we LOVED every second! We really had no complaints. The Guy's Burgers with mayo on every bun was an annoyance, but not a complaint. Everyone was wonderful, we ALL had a fantastic time, and we're currently planning our next. DH doesn't want to sail on another ship, but since the Dream doesn't go to Alaska, he's going to have to get over it!

someone told me that in one of the ports, Belize or Roatan, you have to walk uphill once you get off the ship to catch up with a tour or to just go on your own. Can you talk about that? I'm concerned because my husband has significant hip issues. Thanks.

I was on the same trip as the original poster, so I will try to help you out.

It is true that there is an uphill walk and it is a bit long. I can say that my 73 year-old mother, who has significant emphysema, was able to make the walk all the way uphill. We took an excursion to Big French Key which was outstanding! The service we got from Luis was fantastic! I would recommend wet shoes as the beach was a bit rocky.

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the awesome information! We leave on the Dream on August 13th.

Could you tell me if the Dream is using the old menus or the new American Table menu? How was the food overall?

They are using the new American Table menu and the food was excellent as always! The only thing that we missed was the bitter and blanc, otherwise, it was really not too different.

Enjoy!

I'm doing this same cruise next May! What did you do in Belize?

Sent from my LG-K371 using Forums mobile app

I was on the same trip as the OP, so perhaps I can help. I was with a group of 9, so we did different things. Some did the top ten sites of Belize and really enjoyed it. Some did the ziplining and crystal cave tubing and loved it and my mother and I went to the Starfish Island beach excursion and it was great as well! The thing I liked most about Starfish Island was the fact the the tender boat took us straight there and straight back to the ship.

Good luck!

Hi,

It has been a few years since we have sailed on the Dream. Do you know if the Carnival Deli menu is the old one or the new one? Did the ship have the canvas cove painting party option on board? In the cabins are there shelves in the closets? Did muster take place inside or outside.

Thanks,

Newsorleancruiser

Hi,

It has been a few years since we have sailed on the Dream. Do you know if the Carnival Deli menu is the old one or the new one? Did the ship have the canvas cove painting party option on board? In the cabins are there shelves in the closets? Did muster take place inside or outside.

Thanks,

Newsorleancruiser

This was our first cruise so I don't know about the deli menu. I don't remember a canvas cove painting, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. It very well could have! There were three closets. The one on the end had three large shelves that took up the whole closet. The other two had a shelf at the top. Muster was inside for all stations.

I don't think I kept them. We never once looked at them since they are on the Hub app. We just used that. If I run across them, I'll post.

Hi! Thank you for your posting on this cruise. I'm sailing the exact same one on 9/17/17 and am looking forward to it. For the Carnival Hub app, it sounds great so I don't have to fold up and carry the FunTimes around with me every day. :p How does it work exactly? The phone would need to be in Airplane mode right, otherwise won't it be continually searching for a signal and/or roaming?

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer questions and post a review. That's impressive for a first time cruiser and a pretty new CC member. Well done fellow cruiser!!

We have been on the Breeze, but not on the Dream. But I'm very close to booking a November cruise. I love sailing out of New Orleans.

Thanks again!