Check-in with FTTF Question

HI all,

Saturday I will be embarking on my first cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. I've heard that they are pretty strict about enforcing your assigned check-in time. I purchased FASTER TO THE FUN (FTTF) and was hoping to check in earlier than my 12-1pm assigned time but I would like to know if I'll be allowed because I'd hate to stand on the curb for hours waiting to be let in because I arrived before my assigned time. I've read that diamond, platinum, and FTTF are allowed to "ignore" their check in time and check in early but I wanted to make sure before I go early and end up having to wait.

Any and all help is welcomed!

Thanks

We are cruising on the Conquest. I'm a first time cruiser so I'm excited but super stressed too! I hope you enjoy your cruise Sunday will be before you know it! Happy cruising!

I second that. You can go as soon as the port opens for guest which I think is 10:00 am.

Which ship? We're cruising out of that port on Sunday.

You can check in any time you want once the terminal opens. (Usually around 10am) Just remember, boarding happens once passengers are cleared from the previous cruise. You will be sent to a waiting area until boarding starts but you will board right after weddings, diamond and platinum ahead of general boarding. Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks, this will be my first cruise so I'm so anxious and maybe stressing just a little bit as it nears. You were such a big help!

You can check in any time you want once the terminal opens. (Usually around 10am) Just remember, boarding happens once passengers are cleared from the previous cruise. You will be sent to a waiting area until boarding starts but you will board right after weddings, diamond and platinum ahead of general boarding. Enjoy your cruise!!

We are cruising on the Conquest. I'm a first time cruiser so I'm excited but super stressed too! I hope you enjoy your cruise Sunday will be before you know it! Happy cruising!

Awesome! I'm sure you'll have fun. It's a little confusing the first time but you'll get through it. Be careful cruising is addictive. I went on my first cruise Dec 2016 and I'm getting ready to go on my 4th already. ;p:hearteyes:

Oh and if you haven't heard yet, bring an extension plug that is non surge protected. There is only one plug in the whole room. For me, I researched the hell out of it before I cruised and I brought a lot of unnecessary stuff but that was the one thing I was glad I had with me.

Thanks, this will be my first cruise so I'm so anxious and maybe stressing just a little bit as it nears. You were such a big help!

That's what is great about this site. You can find a ton of information. Most importantly just enjoy your time on your voyage and take lots of picture to save memories to discuss for years ahead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I've heard cruising is addictive. I already have two more booked in 2017 (Alaska and Mexico) and haven't been on my first one yet, so maybe I'm already addicted (if that's possible). But it sounds like we are definitely alike because I researched and researched, and when I thought I knew everything I found Cruise critic and researched some more! 😂

Thanks again!

Awesome! I'm sure you'll have fun. It's a little confusing the first time but you'll get through it. Be careful cruising is addictive. I went on my first cruise Dec 2016 and I'm getting ready to go on my 4th already. ;p:hearteyes:

Oh and if you haven't heard yet, bring an extension plug that is non surge protected. There is only one plug in the whole room. For me, I researched the hell out of it before I cruised and I brought a lot of unnecessary stuff but that was the one thing I was glad I had with me.

Yes, I wish I knew about this site earlier, it's so informative! Thanks, I'll definitely take lots of pics.

Any suggestions for bringing your valuables (bag with passports, phones, and cash) with you to the beach? We plan on swimming in the ocean so we will have to leave our bag of valuables on the beach.

That's what is great about this site. You can find a ton of information. Most importantly just enjoy your time on your voyage and take lots of picture to save memories to discuss for years ahead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any suggestions for bringing your valuables (bag with passports, phones, and cash) with you to the beach? We plan on swimming in the ocean so we will have to leave our bag of valuables on the beach.

Yes, I've heard cruising is addictive. I already have two more booked in 2017 (Alaska and Mexico) and haven't been on my first one yet, so maybe I'm already addicted (if that's possible). But it sounds like we are definitely alike because I researched and researched, and when I thought I knew everything I found Cruise critic and researched some more! 😂

Thanks again!

Yes, I wish I knew about this site earlier, it's so informative! Thanks, I'll definitely take lots of pics.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passport stays in the safe. S&S and Drivers license (2 pieces of ID you take off the ship) are waterproof. Keep them on you when you go swimming (pocket, bra cup :D, or some lanyard around your neck). Phone is dicey, you are probably want to take pics with it and 95% of the time you can leave it with your towels and it will be fine, but do you really want to take that chance? I recommend a waterproof case so you can take it with you when you go swimming. Newer smartphones run anywhere from $700 - $1000 if you have to buy it out from your plan and do you really want to be without your phone for the rest of the trip in the event it gets lifted?

OMG, you're a life saver. We actually have a waterproof camera (I just love the quality of he pictures from my iPhone7s, which is also "waterproof" but who wants to take a chance on that). So just take my Sail & Sign card and ID?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passport stays in the safe. S&S and Drivers license (2 pieces of ID you take off the ship) are waterproof. Keep them on you when you go swimming (pocket, bra cup :D, or some lanyard around your neck). Phone is dicey, you are probably want to take pics with it and 95% of the time you can leave it with your towels and it will be fine, but do you really want to take that chance? I recommend a waterproof case so you can take it with you when you go swimming. Newer smartphones run anywhere from $700 - $1000 if you have to buy it out from your plan and do you really want to be without your phone for the rest of the trip in the event it gets lifted?

OMG, you're a life saver. We actually have a waterproof camera (I just love the quality of he pictures from my iPhone7s, which is also "waterproof" but who wants to take a chance on that). So just take my Sail & Sign card and ID?

Typically just the S&S card is good enough....I went to Nassau last year and security stopped me and wanted S&S and another form of ID....I did bring my drivers license, so it was good that I had it. That is why I said bring S&S card and your drivers license. You can take your passport, but you really don't want to chance losing that in a port city, so basically just leave it in the safe. You will only need it when you disembark for customs. It gets you on the ship and off the ship. One little annoyance that could come into play. The blue carnival towels. If you take them to the beach and don't bring them back, Carnival charges you I think $30 per towel....so keep an eye on those

Amazon has a ton of those waterproof cases for your phone that can hold your phone, S&S card and ID all in one and you can wear it around your neck while in the water. Anything you leave at your chair while you are away from it, is subject to being stolen. That's in ANY port.

I'm not sure where your ports are but a few of them have lockers at the beach for about 8/day. Some offer towels. Like the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau. (We went there and loved it) That way you don't have to take the ship's towel and chance it getting taken. My suggestion...buy a beach towel at port and it makes for a great souvenir. :)

Just a dose of reality, since I don't want to dampen your cruising enthusiasm - the last two times I boarded the Conquest in FLL, there were delays in the boarding process. It didn't begin for us Diamonds until 12:45PM and 1:30PM, delays blamed on getting the previous passengers off the ship.

I'm not saying it will happen to you, but just a warning that it can happen, so even if you check in early with your FTTF, you may get to sit in the terminal for a bit afterwards.

Enjoy your cruise!

$30 a piece sheesh. Ill guard those with my life 😂😂😂

Typically just the S&S card is good enough....I went to Nassau last year and security stopped me and wanted S&S and another form of ID....I did bring my drivers license, so it was good that I had it. That is why I said bring S&S card and your drivers license. You can take your passport, but you really don't want to chance losing that in a port city, so basically just leave it in the safe. You will only need it when you disembark for customs. It gets you on the ship and off the ship. One little annoyance that could come into play. The blue carnival towels. If you take them to the beach and don't bring them back, Carnival charges you I think $30 per towel....so keep an eye on those

Sounds great! We will be sailing to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turks! ThNks for the nassau tip and beach towel souvenirs would be great!

Amazon has a ton of those waterproof cases for your phone that can hold your phone, S&S card and ID all in one and you can wear it around your neck while in the water. Anything you leave at your chair while you are away from it, is subject to being stolen. That's in ANY port.

I'm not sure where your ports are but a few of them have lockers at the beach for about 8/day. Some offer towels. Like the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau. (We went there and loved it) That way you don't have to take the ship's towel and chance it getting taken. My suggestion...buy a beach towel at port and it makes for a great souvenir. :)

Oh no! That's a bummer, fingers crossed for no delays!

Just a dose of reality, since I don't want to dampen your cruising enthusiasm - the last two times I boarded the Conquest in FLL, there were delays in the boarding process. It didn't begin for us Diamonds until 12:45PM and 1:30PM, delays blamed on getting the previous passengers off the ship.

I'm not saying it will happen to you, but just a warning that it can happen, so even if you check in early with your FTTF, you may get to sit in the terminal for a bit afterwards.

Enjoy your cruise!