The Changing of the Guard

Emdee

It is the best of times (for them) and the worst of times (for us)

Two PG veterans who were much loved by us passengers have retired.

All the very best to Hotel Manager Jacques and Chief Bartender Elmo who have recently retired.

Theirs will be very hard shoes to fill and we wish their successors the best of luck in their new positions. Shall meet both on the reunion so will be able to give a further update.

A bonus is that Vishal whom some of you remember from Tere Moana will be on the PG.

Edited by Emdee

It is the best of times (for them) and the worst of times (for us)

Two PG veterans who were much loved by us passengers have retired.

All the very best to Hotel Manager Jacques and Chief Bartender Elmo who have recently retired.

Theirs will be very hard shoes to fill and we wish their successors the best of luck in their new position. Shall meet both on the reunion so will be able to give a further update.

A bonus is that Vishal whom some of you remember from Tere Moana will be on the PG.

WOW

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WOW

Elmo looks so happy judging from his pics on FB....so have to wish him the best.

Really felt gutted when i first heard.

Miki, Rajko, Michael, Ivan, Cesar, Rex, and now Jacques and Elmo all gone.....so sad!

But then Twin....you and I have retired so why shouldnt they!

Elmo looks so happy judging from his pics on FB....so have to wish him the best.

Really felt gutted when i first heard.

Miki, Rajko, Michael, Ivan, Cesar, Rex, and now Jacques and Elmo all gone.....so sad!

But then Twin....you and I have retired so why shouldnt they!

Good point. I was in contact with Jacques 2 weeks ago and he didn't mention anything to me!

Vishal is already aboard. We were on Bali-Fiji and met him for the first time. Terrific guy!

And luckily, in our opinion, the guard change did not include Marlon. Grandpa rules the roost of younger guys in La Verandah. (You did know that he's a grandfather, right?)

Our last PG cruise had been seven years ago when it was still a Regent ship so we had little hope this time around of meeting up with any favorite staff, of whom Marlon topped the list. But there he was! Still the same personable and fun guy. A refreshing blast from the past.

Vishal is a FANTASTIC GUY if he is the boss. 2 cruises on Tere Moana with him.

Will miss Elmo but everyone needs a life. Emdee stated that the info on his retirement was confirmed by PG Management so it must be true. Will miss Elmo. Met his son on a previous cruise.. Good Guy following in the footsteps of his father.

We are really sad that Elmo won't be on the ship anymore. He was a constant on all of our trips dating back to 2008 and he had a way of making everyone feel special. He had told us last year that he was thinking about retiring so that he could spend more time with his family and perhaps open up a restaurant in the Phillipines, but I got the impression that he was planning on sticking it out at least though the rest of this year. Hopefully we will cross paths with him again somewhere down the line.

Vishal is a FANTASTIC GUY if he is the boss. 2 cruises on Tere Moana with him.

Will miss Elmo but everyone needs a life. Emdee stated that the info on his retirement was confirmed by PG Management so it must be true. Will miss Elmo. Met his son on a previous cruise.. Good Guy following in the footsteps of his father.

My family also likes Vishal. He makes some very interesting drinks! We will be happy to see him on the reunion.