sailings cancelled

devinc

I was just going to start a thread about this. We were also booked on the January 25, 2019 Sunshine cruise. We just were on the Sunshine last month and loved it! We really liked the ship, and we are big fans of Southern Caribbean sailings with multiple sea days. We are very disappointed our booking was cancelled. We have sailed every year with Carnival for the past 7 years (including twice this year). I will get Platinum status on our January 2018 cruise. While I appreciate the $50/person on board credit they are offering, I guess I assumed they would offer a bit more, especially since we committed our vacation time and money to them nearly 2 years in advance and given our loyalty to the brand.

We will definitely find another cruise that works into our schedule and desired destination, but we booked this cruise specifically because we had such a great experience on the Sunshine last month. I would hope that Carnival would do more for us, but we will work everything out.

I was just going to start a thread about this. We were also booked on the January 25, 2019 Sunshine cruise. We just were on the Sunshine last month and loved it! We really liked the ship, and we are big fans of Southern Caribbean sailings with multiple sea days. We are very disappointed our booking was cancelled. We have sailed every year with Carnival for the past 7 years (including twice this year). I will get Platinum status on our January 2018 cruise. While I appreciate the $50/person on board credit they are offering, I guess I assumed they would offer a bit more, especially since we committed our vacation time and money to them nearly 2 years in advance and given our loyalty to the brand.

We will definitely find another cruise that works into our schedule and desired destination, but we booked this cruise specifically because we had such a great experience on the Sunshine last month. I would hope that Carnival would do more for us, but we will work everything out.

With no airfare involved at this point and it being over a year and a half away I am surprised they gave the pax affected anything.

I think $50 is a fair gesture.:)

Bill

With no airfare involved at this point and it being over a year and a half away I am surprised they gave the pax affected anything.

I think $50 is a fair gesture.:)

Bill

We were able to book the same cabin on the same ship and itinerary, only sailing 3 weeks later than we had originally booked. Prices were over $100/person higher than our original booking, but Carnival honored our original booking price and reduced deposit. And we will start the cruise off with $50/person OBC. That will cover our drinks on sail away day. This was one of the smoother interactions we have had with customer service. We typically have travelled mid to late January the last several years, so to push it back 3 weeks into February is not a big deal since we still were able to book the type of cruise we wanted.

seems like you'd be happy about that since you don't like carnival anyway.:)

Bill

LOL....they guy who does nothing but criticize Carnival every chance he gets dozens of times a day now miraculously had a Carnival cruise booked in a topic where he can criticize them because it was cancelled. ;)

Not for nuthin' but I also had a very pleasant experience when I had to call Carnival this morning for a totally different, unrelated reason. They took care if it with no issues and even answered immediately! It's a good day!

We were able to book the same cabin on the same ship and itinerary, only sailing 3 weeks later than we had originally booked. Prices were over $100/person higher than our original booking, but Carnival honored our original booking price and reduced deposit. And we will start the cruise off with $50/person OBC. That will cover our drinks on sail away day. This was one of the smoother interactions we have had with customer service. We typically have travelled mid to late January the last several years, so to push it back 3 weeks into February is not a big deal since we still were able to book the type of cruise we wanted.

Glad to hear it worked out for you with no aggravation.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Bill

That's great! Sea days are the best and we had a great room booked. We also have a pretty tight schedule as we have two college kid calendars to negotiate and work around. There is an 8 day run from MIA on the Horizon but it is quite a bit more $$. I'm not sure what we will end up doing as weve not called back. Congrats on getting it squared.

Not that big of deal in the grand scheme of things. I had not booked flights. We really liked this iten/$/timing/Orlando etc and wanted to sail the Sunshine. They have offered $50 Onboard credit pp for a new booking.

Now, we get our deposit refunded. Honestly, we really want to try Celebrity so we may look at that for 2019...

We are crushing the Breeze from Port Orlando on a 7 day during that timeframe. It leaves a day later and gets back on Feb. 2. Perhaps that would work for you.

We are crushing the Breeze from Port Orlando on a 7 day during that timeframe. It leaves a day later and gets back on Feb. 2. Perhaps that would work for you.

We were fortunate to get to sail on the Breeze just a couple months ago. Beautiful ship!

I called back yesterday and they assured me again we were still booked. After placing me on hold and telling the agent the booking # was no longer under my cruise manager, I received a letter of cancellation as well as asked her to attempt a mock booking on carnival.com.

Well, after about 10 min on hold she said she couldn't pull up our docs and it appears I was correct and I needed to select another cruise and they'd move the deposit to a new booking. I told here there wernt many 8 day cruises we could do and the pricing was more.

She then put me on hold and came back and said she had it cancelled and I will get a refund for the deposit. However, I received an email w letter saying we had made a non-refundable deposit and we had a penalty.

I wish CCL would pull the recording of our call yesterday afternoon. What a mess.

I've not called back and not sure where to go. We've used a rep before but booked direct for this cruise. Now I'm wishing we had a rep as the two times I've called on this have been WHEELS OFF!!!

We were fortunate to get to sail on the Breeze just a couple months ago. Beautiful ship!

I called back yesterday and they assured me again we were still booked. After placing me on hold and telling the agent the booking # was no longer under my cruise manager, I received a letter of cancellation as well as asked her to attempt a mock booking on carnival.com.

Well, after about 10 min on hold she said she couldn't pull up our docs and it appears I was correct and I needed to select another cruise and they'd move the deposit to a new booking. I told here there wernt many 8 day cruises we could do and the pricing was more.

She then put me on hold and came back and said she had it cancelled and I will get a refund for the deposit. However, I received an email w letter saying we had made a non-refundable deposit and we had a penalty.

I wish CCL would pull the recording of our call yesterday afternoon. What a mess.

I've not called back and not sure where to go. We've used a rep before but booked direct for this cruise. Now I'm wishing we had a rep as the two times I've called on this have been WHEELS OFF!!!

I'm surprised that since they are the ones who canceled the cruise they didn't waive the refundable deposit rules and give you your money back.

Bill

We had a bit of a cancellation saga earlier this year. A group of us booked a 4n on the Victory in January 2018, and then it got cancelled due to a dry dock being scheduled. No biggie. We pushed the cruise back by a week and switched ships to do the same itinerary on the Sensation. Well, then it went and got chartered! So we pushed back another week and are now on the Sensation 25-Jan doing the same 4n itinerary, just a bit later than we'd expected. Our PVP was sympathetic and was able to squeeze us an extra $25 OBC (for a total of $75 each) since we had to switch twice. We also got price protected and all have a pretty good rate now, so we aren't too upset. Was just a bit frustrating since we wanted to try and coordinate everyone's schedule (10 of us).

For the second time within a year, we have had a sailing cancel. The latest one happen to be the Sunshine in Jan 2019. They said it was now chartered. Just wondering how often this seems to happen.

Our cruise on the Vista for April 2019 from Galveston changed from a 7 day to a 6 day with new ports. Seven days is short enough! They offered us $50/pp to change to another cruise, but unfortunately the May schedule isn't out yet and not sure they'll honor this when new schedule finally appears.

Unlike the emailed letter we received stated, we did receive a credit for our deposit. So, this is over, at least for us.,,

We have a 5 day cruise booked in Jan so we will look forward to that. However, it might be time to try something different.