Sign the Wedding Contract?? What do I need to know first?

Hey guys, so I am looking at a May 2017 wedding with RC on Grandeur of the Seas. Every call with them has been nothing but "I'll send you a brochure", I finally flipped out and asked if they want to proceed because I have the brochure and would like to move forward. So now I am working with a travel agent who will hopefully take care of all the communication problems we're having. I am meeting with her today and if all my questions can be answered then I am ready to sign any paperwork.

So, my questions are... what should I be asking? What should I be looking for? I've seen so many negative reviews on here, is it worth doing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Hey guys, so I am looking at a May 2017 wedding with RC on Grandeur of the Seas. Every call with them has been nothing but "I'll send you a brochure", I finally flipped out and asked if they want to proceed because I have the brochure and would like to move forward. So now I am working with a travel agent who will hopefully take care of all the communication problems we're having. I am meeting with her today and if all my questions can be answered then I am ready to sign any paperwork.

So, my questions are... what should I be asking? What should I be looking for? I've seen so many negative reviews on here, is it worth doing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

The first thing you should do is figure out what type of cruise wedding you want: 1)embarkation (first day in the home part) 2)at sea or 3)at one of the destination ports for your cruise.

Once you figure that out, you need to find an available date. If you're tied to any day in May this shouldn't be too difficult. My suggestion is to call the wedding cruise line after you selected a date and ask them if this date is available for the type of wedding you want. (I did not do this, I picked my date, & booked my room the same day they were released but didn't call the wedding cruise line to book the wedding package til a few days later and by then they were all booked up for weddings so I had to cancel my original booking and re-book for a different date).

After you pick out your date and find that it's available for your wedding, you then need to book a room on the cruise. You don't have to pay for the room in full but you do need to make a deposit. The wedding department will not let you book a wedding package until you have booked your room on the cruise.

After you book the room and have your booking number you then call the wedding department and give them your booking number and they will then send you the contract to sign. Once you sign the contract and send it back they'll review it to make sure they can accommodate you. It typically takes a couple of days.

Once they approve your contract they will contact you and you will have to immediately pay the full price of the wedding package you selected. This will reserve your wedding.

After you pay they will send you a receipt and give you the name of your wedding coordinator who will set up a meeting with you to discuss specifics.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions. :D Royal's wedding department doesn't really reveal much information until after you've booked the cruise and can provide them with a booking number.

I understand the process but what I think I'm just looking for feedback like what questions did you ask first? Also did you sign before getting all your questions answered?

They want me to pay my deposit but cant guarantee i'll have the photographer the full 3 hours. And they want me to pick a venue without any pictures of the venues (the wedding planner told me to google it!)

Are these experiences everyone else has seen?

I understand the process but what I think I'm just looking for feedback like what questions did you ask first? Also did you sign before getting all your questions answered?

They want me to pay my deposit but cant guarantee i'll have the photographer the full 3 hours. And they want me to pick a venue without any pictures of the venues (the wedding planner told me to google it!)

Are these experiences everyone else has seen?

They won't answer any questions other then if that day is open for wedding before you book your cruise. Same thing happen to me. After I booked my cruise (I used the group department, so everyone has to book within 30 days of when you book an you all get a discount, you must do at least 8 rooms for group booking) I had to sign the paperwork and pay before before any questions were answered. It really pissed me off. Then the person they assign you too won't help until 90 days before then they only give you 2 weeks to get them all the information they need.

If it helps we did the 3 hours of photographer for a land wedding with RC i believe it was $1000 extra but worth it. The groups department may help you will pictures of the Venus, they were so nice to work with.

Attached are pictures from my wedding on land with RC.

10668965_10152805818049395_3204352066068131277_o.jpg.5ecf8894e3c145dac891b418f743f18b.jpg

10468043_10152805810689395_8660588884307817078_o.jpg.85e79e57b1e5f07ffadc78c2018cd8b4.jpg

10472821_10152805810684395_5400311015647525883_o.jpg.822c5636cb2d963adc86b3ac0e674350.jpg

10704378_10152805810674395_2872409427007085855_o.jpg.9e41029c995fe80d6fa3b293a0cf803d.jpg

Thanks, the pics are beautiful!

I just have a few small things I am demanding... I just found out the dinner we pay $45/pp or $55/pp or $65/pp doesnt include a dinner table! I mean really? So now I'm forced to try to find a specialty dining option in addition to the 3 hour block so that we can sit and all have a nice meal together.

Did you guys get to sit down for dinner at your wedding? Also, I was told land wedding wasnt an option for Granduer of the Seas.

• 9 months later...
Thanks, the pics are beautiful!

I just have a few small things I am demanding... I just found out the dinner we pay $45/pp or $55/pp or $65/pp doesnt include a dinner table! I mean really? So now I'm forced to try to find a specialty dining option in addition to the 3 hour block so that we can sit and all have a nice meal together.

Did you guys get to sit down for dinner at your wedding? Also, I was told land wedding wasnt an option for Granduer of the Seas.

So did you follow thru with your wedding on Grandeur? If so, how was it? Was your reception in Viking Crown or South Pacific?

They won't answer any questions other then if that day is open for wedding before you book your cruise. Same thing happen to me. After I booked my cruise (I used the group department, so everyone has to book within 30 days of when you book an you all get a discount, you must do at least 8 rooms for group booking) I had to sign the paperwork and pay before before any questions were answered. It really pissed me off. Then the person they assign you too won't help until 90 days before then they only give you 2 weeks to get them all the information they need.

If it helps we did the 3 hours of photographer for a land wedding with RC i believe it was $1000 extra but worth it. The groups department may help you will pictures of the Venus, they were so nice to work with.

Attached are pictures from my wedding on land with RC.

Your pics are gorgeous! What island/beach did you get married at?