Costa Mediterranea Buffet & Dress Code

ghockley1981

Hi All

Off on our third cruise, first with Costa.

My wife is a vegetarian and we wondered what the options were like in the main restaurants and how the buffet is set up. Previously there has been a pizza and pasta station on our other cruises buffet.

Does Costa have something similar on theirs? Being an italian ship we hope there is a pasta station really.

We usually like to dress casually, I can't clearly see any dress code online. I understand for formal nights then nice jeans and a shirt is the minimum for restaurants. But what is expected on the rest of the nights. What have you found it to be like? Is it relaxed around the rest of the ship these times?

Many thanks for any answers. :)

There is always a pasta station and plenty vegetarian dishes to choose from at the buffet. Pizza is no longer available - you have to pay for it. There is a pizza ish thing -one with just pizza base with garlic and onion on top and the other just plain base

We have never been to the evening buffet but the lunch one has so much to offer at the various stations that we always miss something

There is a veggie pasta on the menu every night in the MDR as well as the always available spagetti with tomato sauce

Dress code - anything! It seems to be up to the individual. Some people like to dress smart for dinner and others dont. Jeans seem to be accepted in the MDR but no shorts or sleeveless T shirts. On gala night 50% men seem to have suits on - some with no tie on.

Be aware that 1st sitting can sometimes be 6.30 and late sitting as late as 9.15

Hope this helps

Caryl

Thank you Caryl for such a informative response, that is such a great help. It is much appreciated .

Shame you have to pay for pizza, but from the sounds of it there are always a few options for veggies and the tomato spaghetti will also be a trusted back up!

Is the pasta station just an area of pasta selections to help yourself to, or can you pick you own pasta and sauce and it's made up for you? Just out of interest.

The dress code info is a great help. Saves packing to many suits then!

Great to hear good feedback from someone who has been on the ship. We are looking forward to it.

Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah the Med, my favourite Costa ship (so far).

A hidden gem, Deck 3 - Bacco, The Winter garden, runs around the outside of the theatre, very quiet, great place to read, enjoy a drink or just get away from it. Great views of the sea.

Ah the Med, my favourite Costa ship (so far).

A hidden gem, Deck 3 - Bacco, The Winter garden, runs around the outside of the theatre, very quiet, great place to read, enjoy a drink or just get away from it. Great views of the sea.

Winter Garden is a great place for peace and quiet.

Mediterranea is also my favorite Costa ship.

Hi All

Off on our third cruise, first with Costa.

My wife is a vegetarian and we wondered what the options were like in the main restaurants and how the buffet is set up. Previously there has been a pizza and pasta station on our other cruises buffet.

Does Costa have something similar on theirs? Being an italian ship we hope there is a pasta station really.

We usually like to dress casually, I can't clearly see any dress code online. I understand for formal nights then nice jeans and a shirt is the minimum for restaurants. But what is expected on the rest of the nights. What have you found it to be like? Is it relaxed around the rest of the ship these times?

Many thanks for any answers. :)

People on Costa in my experience tend to dress nicer than on "American" style ships.

Thanks all, will have some smart stuff packed away for when it's needed then.

I have ordered the drinks package so that is sorted.

Just need to work out what on the entertainment schedule now and research the ship a bit more.

Thanks for all your answers, it's appreciated, really looking forward to it now.

The entertainment on Costa can be a bit hit or miss. Usually in the bars there's a pianist/singer/guitar player with recorded backing. I always get a tiny bit annoyed with it as I love to hear real music, but hey - we get such a cheap cruise - something has to go!

The theatre company on Mediterranea were just fantastic so if you like the shows make sure you get along to the theatre before or after dinner (depending which sitting youre doing)

If you enjoy people watching, the bar near reception is the one to sit in before dinner.

Which cruise are you doing?

Caryl

If you enjoy people watching, the bar near reception is the one to sit in before dinner.

Which cruise are you doing?

Caryl

Thanks Caryl, we do like the theatre shows so will look forward to them. Live music should be live, I agree. So having manufactured backing tracks when they aren't needed is a shame when is happens unless the song really requires it, each to their own. But some live music is better than nothing in many many ways.

People watching is a main part of our evenings so we shall definitely head to the reception bar then, thanks for the tip.

We are doing the islands in the blue eastern med cruise from Venice.

Venice, Trieste, Split, Olympia, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik.

Having cruised on the Mediterranea in June, its a beautiful ship with some bizarre decoration! Check out the pottery displays on each floor in the stairwell. The pieces are oddly beautiful!

Its a great ship, here is a pic of the reception bar area as mentioned by someone, I have scores, I did do a review! (This is a screen shot, excuse the border!)

The good thing about the ports you visit is you wont need a transfer, the ship is so close to the main centre in most, I watched the Captain buying a pay and display ticket. In most ports its a few paces!

Corfu was the furthest, we walked it in 15 minutes, you can but a transfer, but its really not far.

IMG-20160531-WA0024.jpg.65d820f92d1e371a103cbd33f000fedf.jpg

Edited by malnik

Having cruised on the Mediterranea in June, its a beautiful ship.

Its a great ship, here is a pic of the reception bar area as mentioned by someone, I have scores, I did do a review! .

Thanks Malnik. Could you share a link to your review? I would be very interested in reading this

In Corfu you just walk out if the cruise terminal building heading left towards town ,walk a few yards and you will find the local bus parked up. It's really cheap and will take you right into town.

We took a taxi between 4 of us in Dubrovnik. If you only have a half day there you need all your time. On return they take you almost right to the ship.

Caryl

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

We just booked our next cruise on The Mediterranea 2 months from now. Thanks for the tips, photos and inside info. Everything I've read so far (even the negative posts) tell me that we will enjoy this Cruise. One Question: is there a charge for regular coffee? I understand charging for espresso of cappuccino

Ren

Coffee (some don't call it that ) is available free in the MDR and buffet during breakfast and lunch, but not during dinner.

Alternatives is either an AI drinks package or the Coffee cards.

Edited by G.M.T.