AMX Rewards now carries carnival corp gift cards

figdu

I'm thinking I might need to get me a Green Amex for a free $250 GC.

Green won't do it. It has to be a rewards card which i think starts at gold.

Edited by figdu

According to the Amex website you get 25,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months.

That's new.. I have had mine for 20 years and it was gold and above back then. But whatever it takes to get the points now as those are easy gift cards.

That's new.. I have had mine for 20 years and it was gold and above back then. But whatever it takes to get the points now as those are easy gift cards.

Agree - free money. I had a gold card back in the day. The gold card is offering 50,000 points for $2,000 spent in 3 months but I don't know if I want to go that route. It's less than 3 months until my cruise and I don't want to feel pressured to spend that much that quickly although it probably wouldn't be a problem if I moved all my auto pays from my Cap 1 Venture card to Amex. Decisions, decisions.

• 6 months later...

Be careful when using these. I used my reward points to get a $500 card that I thought I'd use to pay for most of our Cheers Package cost. When I tried using this online, it wouldn't work like a gift card (there is no PIN, it has a CVV number like an Amex Credit Card). I called Carnival to see if they could assist. I was told to enter it online like an Amex credit card. Unfortunately, it wouldn't allow me to make a partial payment for Cheers. The Carnival rep said they could make partial payments on two Visas or Master Cards over the phone, but this is treated like an Amex card and they for some reason cannot do that with Amex.

I was eventually able to use it online to purchase Water, Excursions and Cruise Cash, so I did get my rewards worth, but just wanted to warn everyone that you have to have the full amount of the charge available on the card in order to use it, so if you were you planning to use one for Cheers (like I had intended) be sure that you have enough points to get the full amount on your rewards card.

• 1 month later...

Before I "buy" a reward card to be used at holland America website, I want to make sure I understand clearly. So do I need to buy a gift reward. Card for more money or less money than online purchase? If I am purchasing drink package for $1000 can I use 1 card worth $500 and 1 card with $200 and pay remainder with credit card?

I called guest relations and they were unsure if it would work online and said it would not work on board ??

quote=mamiamjo;53413244]Be careful when using these. I used my reward points to get a $500 card that I thought I'd use to pay for most of our Cheers Package cost. When I tried using this online, it wouldn't work like a gift card (there is no PIN, it has a CVV number like an Amex Credit Card). I called Carnival to see if they could assist. I was told to enter it online like an Amex credit card. Unfortunately, it wouldn't allow me to make a partial payment for Cheers. The Carnival rep said they could make partial payments on two Visas or Master Cards over the phone, but this is treated like an Amex card and they for some reason cannot do that with Amex.

I was eventually able to use it online to purchase Water, Excursions and Cruise Cash, so I did get my rewards worth, but just wanted to warn everyone that you have to have the full amount of the charge available on the card in order to use it, so if you were you planning to use one for Cheers (like I had intended) be sure that you have enough points to get the full amount on your rewards card.

• 1 year later...

Hi - can anyone confirm that Princess will accept these Carnival Corporation Gift Cards on board? I can't get information on it anywhere on the Carnival Corporate site and the Carnival Cruise site says only on Carnival - although I don't think that person understood that there is a Carnival Corporation card. Thanks - we really want to use our Amex points for this - but worried we'll get on board and it won't be accepted.

Hi - can anyone confirm that Princess will accept these Carnival Corporation Gift Cards on board? I can't get information on it anywhere on the Carnival Corporate site and the Carnival Cruise site says only on Carnival - although I don't think that person understood that there is a Carnival Corporation card. Thanks - we really want to use our Amex points for this - but worried we'll get on board and it won't be accepted.

I cannot imagine why Carnival Corporate gift cards would not be honored by Princess, the Princess name and logo are printed right on the front of the card. Regardless, perhaps if you posted this question on the Princess board (unless you have already or contacted Princess), you would get an from someone that's done this.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Cruisinamber said:

I’ve been looking as I’ve used amex for carnival corp gift cards for years. Looks like they took off all cruise lines what a bummer!!!

Unfortunately, they took them off a couple of months ago.  I'm hoping at some point they will come back, as I'm sure many are also doing.

• Like 1