Best place to buy packing cubes?

We are looking into using the packing cubes system to pack for our family, but don't want to invest a ton of $.

Thanks!

We bought ours thru Amazon.ca. They also are available thru amazon.com

Walmart had some but very flimsy and poorly sown.

TJMaxx set of 3 sizes, $9.99. Bought them last week. If you are really looking to save $$ go to the Dollar store & get the 2gallon size ziplock bags. They work just fine

Sent from my iPad using Forums

TJMaxx set of 3 sizes, $9.99. Bought them last week. If you are really looking to save $$ go to the Dollar store & get the 2gallon size ziplock bags. They work just fine

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ziplocs (or their generic equivalent) really don't lend themselves to rolling. They are OK for flat folding. The cubes with the sizes are better if you are a roller. I've got some from Eagle Creek (their traditional and their new Specter series), and eBags. The EC ones I've had for over 10 years and are still in great condition. I got what I paid for...

Our eBags are going strong after many years. Wash cold and hang to dry. Look online for a coupon. Sign up and they'll constantly be sending you promotions.

Don't need too many of them. For this weekend's cruise I used three -medium for clothes, small for underthings, slim for my formal wear. DH is using one slim for underthings and a medium folder for shirts and an extra pair of pants. Use assorted other bags for electronics, meds etc.

I have always saved those zippered plastic cubes that linens/curtains/etc come in ... I never had a reason for saving them, but I saved them anyway ... and when we started traveling more extensively and I first read about packing cubes, I had an "aha!" moment ... and now they are my packing cubes. They come in different sizes, they hold a lot, you can roll or fold or simply stuff, they are clear so you can see exactly what is in each one, they're easy to wash out ... I like 'em, and (given my shopping habits!) I have a constant supply of new ones!

• 3 weeks later...

Alibaba.com

similar to ebay, but products are from china and usually ship within 15-25 days. I have ordered my dog winter jackets, cheap jewellery, laptop cases, make up brushes (super cheap!) 90% was amazing. The site has got better since I began using it, now it offers reviews with pictures. I am actually buying packing cubes, and laundry mesh bags from there. Will update when I buy!

• 1 month later...
I have always saved those zippered plastic cubes that linens/curtains/etc come in ...

The downside of those is that they take up a lot more storage space since they don't usually collapse down to nothing like an actual packing cube that has no inherent structure to it.

Amazon! I have so many different sets, all different sizes and colors. They're all great! Much cheaper than eBags and do exactly the same thing.

They may do "exactly the same thing" as a well-made eBag or Eagle Creek cube, but how long do they hold up? I'd rather pay more for a better product that will last for years and years of use. I still have some Eagle Creek cubes that I bought back in 2000 and they are still as good as the day I bought them.

For ziploc/pillow/duvet bags - they don't breathe. Smells accumulate. If you are someplace tropical, they will sweat inside.

This thread got me thinking. I just checked our luggage and my cubes are in our other home. Too far to drive to, over 1,000 miles. So, I just brought some more cubes @ Eagle Creek. At least they were on sale and free shipping.

The downside of those is that they take up a lot more storage space since they don't usually collapse down to nothing like an actual packing cube that has no inherent structure to it.

Actually, I have no problem condensing mine down to almost nothing ... they get very, very flat ...

Of course, if my supply ever runs out, I guess I'll be ordering some "real" cubes from Amazon!

They may do "exactly the same thing" as a well-made eBag or Eagle Creek cube, but how long do they hold up? I'd rather pay more for a better product that will last for years and years of use. I still have some Eagle Creek cubes that I bought back in 2000 and they are still as good as the day I bought them.

For ziploc/pillow/duvet bags - they don't breathe. Smells accumulate. If you are someplace tropical, they will sweat inside.

They're totally fine! I've used them on about 10 trips so far and they are great! Very comparable to the better brands and I paid pennies on the dollar compared to the "name brands"!

Alibaba.com

similar to ebay, but products are from china and usually ship within 15-25 days. I have ordered my dog winter jackets, cheap jewellery, laptop cases, make up brushes (super cheap!) 90% was amazing. The site has got better since I began using it, now it offers reviews with pictures. I am actually buying packing cubes, and laundry mesh bags from there. Will update when I buy!

I bought some from AliExpress, too...they're great! No complaints! 👍

My packing cubes just arrived today from Eagle Creek. This is my second set I brought from them. I really do love them. I especially like them for undergarments. I pack mine and DH's in our own cubes, and once on board, I just take the cube out of our suite cases and place the on the closets shelves or in a drawer.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...