Security in Dubai airport?

Bowie MeMe

What is the procedure for going through security in Dubai DXB. ? Quart bag for liquids, shoes on or off, pat downs, xray, etc. Will fly from DXB to Singapore and then later DXB to Boston. Just would appreciate knowing what the routine is. We at leaving at between 8 AM and 9 AM on both flights. Should I book the Marahaba services to smooth things for security and boarding at these times. Thanks. We leave Thursday for this big adventure Wahoo.

DXB is a major, modern and security conscious airport. All internationally standard security measures apply and are adhered to.

Shoes off, belt off, little clear plastic bag for all hour potions and lotions. More and more whole body scanners are installed.

Mist screeners seem to be phillippinos or other SE Asians with a chip on the shoulder and on a power trip. The officers in charge are of course local Emiratis.

Whilst exit passport control is usually quite fast, security checks can be painfully slow...

Most screeners seem to be phillippinos or other SE Asians with a chip on the shoulder and on a power trip.
Who, on my last departure from DXB, decided to take an unusual degree of interest in a Rubik's Cube that I was carrying, to the extent that it fell apart and I had to reassemble it. And also to give me grief about some nail clippers that (when I pushed them on it) they admitted were actually perfectly acceptable.

I am so glad I have no more routine need to go to DXB any more.

• 2 weeks later...

I also found security quite well, secure. I had absolutely no metal on my body (maybe my bra which was not an underwire bra?) and it went off. Had a "private security screening" in the little security box. But the woman security. guard was nice enough. After main security my stuff was gone through again at the gate - so my carryon was searched three times! But all were courteous, and more timely than some US airports

I also found security quite well, secure. I had absolutely no metal on my body (maybe my bra which was not an underwire bra?) and it went off. Had a "private security screening" in the little security box. But the woman security. guard was nice enough.

I also got pulled into a cubicle and the lady cited my bra (not sure if it is wire or plastic under the cups), but never had problems anywhere else. There are very small metal clips at the back though.

Dubai airport was amazing - so efficient and just worked like clockwork. Facilities very good too.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather be too security conscious than not. Yesterday on a transit stop had hand luggage scanned twice. Once when entering terminal, then at boarding gate.

All done quickly and courteously. Most efficient boarding process as usual. Previous boarding was at Johannesburg. Everyone crowds around and pushes to be first down the ramp, no boarding by sections, I just sit and watch until melee clears.

After 24 hours, flying and transit I remember why I love cruising.