PV vs Mazatlan Cathedrals

KruzeKrazy!

If one were to visit only one cathedral - the one in PV or the one in Mazatlan:

- Which one is more visually spectacular?

- Which one is easier to get to/from the ship?

- Any other reasons to visit one over the other?

Or are there simply better things to do with one's limited time in each of those ports?

If one were to visit only one cathedral - the one in PV or the one in Mazatlan:

- Which one is more visually spectacular?

- Which one is easier to get to/from the ship?

- Any other reasons to visit one over the other?

Or are there simply better things to do with one's limited time in each of those ports?

Definitely visit the one in Mazatlan, spectacular, very traditional, with an interesting cross-religion twist you won't see elsewhere. Plus, there is so much else to do in beautiful Puerto Vallarta.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

We were in PV and Mazatlan a few months ago. We visited the Cathedral in Mazatlan. It's quite beautiful, and the only Catholic church in the world that has Stars of David in its windows. (We were told this was to honor members of the Jewish community, who helped pay for the construction of the church because the Catholic community could not afford it.) The Cathedral is right in the old city, which is probably something you'll want to visit anyway. Very easy to get to from the ship; walk (follow the Blue Line) or -- more fun -- take a pulmonia!

Maz%20Cath%20nave%202%201024x688_zpsifjwvdqy.jpg

Maz%20Cath%20Jewish%20Star%201024x870_zpstaujzhnu.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

• 2 weeks later...
Agree! I love the church in Mazatlán! I would do a resort in PV and a tour in Mazatlán including the church, the indoor flea market, the golden zone etc...

Have fun!

Thanks! I'm thinking what you suggest is just what we'll do. Thinking the Marriott Casamagma in PV - any thoughts on that one or is there a better and more convenient one?

Thanks! I'm thinking what you suggest is just what we'll do. Thinking the Marriott Casamagma in PV - any thoughts on that one or is there a better and more convenient one?

Definitely the Marriot! Krystal may be cheaper and closer ($5) but the Marriot includes food and is much nicer now!

In Mazatlán, when you come out of the gate at the port, go left to where the golf carts are. Look for Ricardo! He is so personable and thorough!

Agree! I love the church in Mazatlán! I would do a resort in PV and a tour in Mazatlán including the church, the indoor flea market, the golden zone etc...

Have fun!

The Mercado across the street from the church is huge, many restaurants are upstairs. Most serve the same food. We rarely spend $15US for entrees, beer and tip.

Across from the church towards the plaza is a shaved ice cart. About 22pesos. Homemade syrups.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums