ISO a matte BB cream

shipgeeks

Both of the BB creams I've used, Olay and Maybelline, leave quite a shiny finish. I'm looking for one that will be more matte. I do want to keep up the sunscreen element; one skin cancer scar is more than enough! Any recommendations?

Do you like a heavy or light color/finish? I had to stop using the Aveeno tinted moisturizer w/ sunscreen because there was too much pigment for me. I like the L'Oreal Visible Lift (it's a CC though) and am currently using Revlon photoready BB - both pretty light in terms of color, but I don't find either very shiny... (they're not heavily matte either, so I'm not sure you'd like them)

I've not had good luck with BB/CC creams myself...they're all too emollient for me. I've even tried ones that are supposedly matte (Cover Girl Clean Matte BB for example)...and they're just NOT matte for me, and make me look really greasy in a very short period of time. Due to that, I end up having to use powder, and then I feel like I have too much on my face - defeating the purpose of what I'd like a BB/CC/tinted moisturizer to do for me (sheer fresh very light coverage that looks natural).

Urban Decay had an AWESOME product (Urban Decay Beauty Balm) and I LOVED it. And of course, it was discontinued! The product they replaced it with...does not work for me at all. Unfortunately.

I've been trying out some new products the past few months - what I try to do is go to Nordstrom or Saks (or Ulta/Sephora) and get some samples. I really don't have great luck with the employees 'color matching' me...to be honest, I don't think any of them know what they're doing). Although, with a tinted moisturizer/BB cream - it's sheer coverage, so you often don't need a totally precise match, compared to full coverage foundation. Anyhow...I get some samples and then try them out at home for a few days, and really get to know how they'll work for me. It's a bit of work, but to me, it's worth it in the end to find something you'll really like.

Right now I've got a few products I purchased in the full size, and am really liking at this time...

Laura Mercier "Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer" (SPF20) ...it does have a distinctive SPF smell (to me). I'm VERY sensitive to scents, so it probably would not bother normal people. LOL It does have a fantastic range of colors. It looks fresh and pretty for me - not greasy, not too matte. I dot a little on my face, blend with my fingers and then tap with a damp beauty blender.

http://www.sephora.com/tinted-moisturizer-broad-spectrum-oil-free-P140906?skuId=905364&icid2=products%20grid:p140906

I recently picked up Philosophy "Renewed Hope in a Jar Skin Tint" (SPF20) and I really like it. I does not have a huge shade range, but it blends out beautifully...and since it's so sheer, you don't need an EXACT skin match. It's not greasy on me - it just disappears into your skin. I dot a little on my face, blend with my fingers and then tap with a damp beauty blender.

http://www.sephora.com/renewed-hope-in-jar-skin-tint-P417009?keyword=hope%20in%20a%20jar%20skin%20tint&skuId=1898485&_requestid=130718

I also am liking Neutrogena "Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint" (No SPF). I don't find it extremely hydrating to be honest (but that's not something I need either). It's very easy to work with...applies effortlessly onto the skin and leaves a lovely finish. They have a wide range of colors - I'm actually in a gap of their color options, so I use two different shades for a perfect match (# 60 Natural Beige & # 85 Honey). I purchased at Ulta, but the Neutrogena website has a better look at the shades w/the shade numbers.

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/hydro+boost+hydrating+tint.do

My mother in law uses Chantecaille "Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer" (SPF 15) and it looks beautiful on her. I may try that one next! :p

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chantecaille-just-skin-tinted-moisturizer-sunscreen-broad-spectrum-spf-15/3089340?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort

I agree with CutieCakes. Go to department stores or Sephore to ask for a sample. Try them to see what is best for your skin. I got a bag of sampler of the 3Lab when we flew first class on Korean airlines. The founder are Koreans (husband and wife.) So far it's works for me.

I don't ask and rarely give advice on the fashion board. I believe everyone is different, everyone has a different tastes, styles and different skin types. I know my skin type and my style. I know what is best for me and what is not.

But!!' Hey!!! This is a fashion board! Please carry on [emoji106][emoji3].

Happy Friday

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I was first trying BB cream, I bought Maybelline. I have oily skin and it always felt greasy. I saw a recommendation for L'Oréal's BB cream and it is perfect for me. Never shiny, and never greasy, even when I'm out in the Arizona desert.

L'Oreal makes a few BB cream products so it would probably be most helpful if you list which one you use (if you're going to recommend something.....) Thanks!

L'Oreal BB Magic Skin Beautifier. It's available in different skin tone shades. I wear the "Light" shade.

I've sed Benefit's "Bigger than BB Big Easy" for a while now and it has a very matte finish; in fact, they advertise it as a "liquid to powder" formulation. Ulta carries the Benefit line, and I recently saw it in my Belk store as well. Don't have Sephora locally so I don't if they carry it or not.

I use Estée Lauder Day Wear. It's a tinted moisturizer that has two different sunscreen formulas. SPF 50 & SPF 15. It had been discontinued, but Estee received so many requests that they reformulated it (to bring in the SPF 50). Great product, fits in a 3-1-1 bag, a little dab will do you. Available at Sephora, Dillard's & Macys ( that I know of), costs about $35

I would agree that the best option is to go to Sephora, who has the best sampling policy out there, or Ulta or even your friendly local department store, and ask for samples, and then spend a few days in each option you come up with.

I have found that even some of the best and highest rated B.B.'s cc's and tinted moisturizers just don't perform well on my skin, and I can't tell you how many I have returned ( one of the perks of Sephora and Ulta)

Right now I have MAC's Lightful tinted cream, Tarte's BB cream and NARS Velvet Skin tint in my arsenal. The NARS is the newest, and the leader IMO right now. Ask me again next month when it starts heating up here in NC! I also saw a new option I am thinking of grabbing before our cruise next month- LaRoche makes a tinted blurring primer in spf 50 that looks like it could be a great option for a no makeup look with good sun protection. I have been buying a bottle of their tinted Antheos sunscreen each summer for pool days, and this one new option looks intriguing

OP here, with an update. I ended up ordering Skin79 Pink, and I love it. It looks scary going on (sort of gray), but quickly turns to a nice matte, invisible finish. My skin looks the best it has in years.

Thank you for all the replies. I'll keep them in mind for the future.

OP here, with an update. I ended up ordering Skin79 Pink, and I love it. It looks scary going on (sort of gray), but quickly turns to a nice matte, invisible finish. My skin looks the best it has in years.

I forgot to mention about the grey... sorry about that! But it's magic once it settles down. And well-priced, too :D

I use Estée Lauder Day Wear. It's a tinted moisturizer that has two different sunscreen formulas. SPF 50 & SPF 15. It had been discontinued, but Estee received so many requests that they reformulated it (to bring in the SPF 50). Great product, fits in a 3-1-1 bag, a little dab will do you. Available at Sephora, Dillard's & Macys ( that I know of), costs about $35

Is this the one you use?

http://www.dillards.com/p/nicole-miller-new-york-strapless-floral-gown/506782917?di=04913344_zi_multi&categoryId=-10005&facetCache=pageSize%3D48%26beginIndex%3D0%26orderBy%3D1%26facet%3D-10027810599111108101327710510810810111432781011193289111114107

I too am looking for something that has good spf and is very natural looking.

TXNewlyweds, I've used the EL Daywear for several years now. You get a nice glow, not shiny but not stiff looking (like some mattes), very natural looking & my dermatologist approved of the SPF50 one. It is a soft green in the tube

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My favorite is IT Cosmetics CC cream. It's got a matte finish and is SPF 50+. It's thicker than most CC or BB creams, but you can get a lighter coverage if you use it sparingly. Sephora and Ulta also sell a travel size that's great for trying it out. It's also one that looks great when applied with your fingers instead of a brush or sponge.

My favorite is IT Cosmetics CC cream. It's got a matte finish and is SPF 50+. It's thicker than most CC or BB creams, but you can get a lighter coverage if you use it sparingly. Sephora and Ulta also sell a travel size that's great for trying it out. It's also one that looks great when applied with your fingers instead of a brush or sponge.

You wrote my post for me.

I've been using IT CC for years as well as most of the IT line. The coverage for almost anything on your face is amazing with just a slight touch.