Cape Liberty Parking - Hudson Bergen Light Rail 34th St Station parking

Has anybody park at Hudson Bergen Light Rail 34th St Station? It's only 3miles away and cheap.. question is can you do 7 days parking and how safe is it? will your car still be there when you return from your cruise?

Has anybody park at Hudson Bergen Light Rail 34th St Station? It's only 3miles away and cheap.. question is can you do 7 days parking and how safe is it? will your car still be there when you return from your cruise?

When I researched this a while ago it was not an option for long term parking. Spaces are limited and used by commuters, many with monthly parking passes.

Here's a link to NJ Transit's web page for the 34th Street Bayonne light rail station:

http://www.njtransit.com/rg/rg_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=LightRailStationLookupFrom&selLineCode=HBLR&selStation=37005&x=33&y=11

Click on "LOT 01" (just beneath the parking lot map) for information about parking. It says evening and night parking is allowed, but whether this means you can leave your car there for an extended period is another question.

I've ridden the light rail to & from this station a number of times, but have never parked there. As for the safety of your car if you leave it for the duration of your cruise... I have no idea.

Shooteagle - please give us the big picture about your Cape Liberty cruising plans.

The high level advice on this forum is to park at the port for 7 days or less. For more than 7 days, consider a park/fly/cruise. And don't ditch your car just anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums