J Jill

I just found the J Jill website and ordered a pair of wearever pants for my cruise in November.

How do all you ladies out there like the J Jill clothes?

The sale they have going ends today so I thinking of ordering another pair of pants before I receive the first ones I ordered. I usually wear a size 8 so I got a small but worried it may not fit.

Thanks so much

I like a lot of the J Jill clothes, especially the Wearever line and the Simply J Jill basic pieces.

Most of the pieces I've ordered have been sized a bit generously but the occasional piece will surprise me and run small. If you have a J Jill store near you, you can return items for free there, if you're worried about paying for returns. (They can also order a different size for you if needed....)

I buy the Wearever line for business trips, since it doesn't wrinkle, travels well, and always looks nice. I agree that in general the clothing runs as a loose fit. If you are between sizes, generally it's safe to size down.

Season to season for me style wise can be hit or miss. Sometimes they have a whole store I love, other times, I walk through and don't see a single thing I like. I do miss their older style of embellishment, slightly boho, from when I first started shopping there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a few pieces - I like their natural fibers. Have an older cotton dress I ADORE and want more but they haven't made a 100% cotton knit dress in a few seasons. I have a couple linen dresses and a linen knit sweater that all had heavy play last summer & travel to Asia and are staged to come out again in the closet this year.

I think the S/M/L sizing fits a little generously but the numbered pieces not so much. I can wear L in sweaters & knit dresses but the size 16 pants fit but are pretty tight in the thigh.....

I have quite a few pieces I've found at thrift stores, so if you like the brand (esp if you like older stuff) check thredup and/or local thrift stores....

Thanks for all the comments. I did buy 2 pair of pants and 1 dress so will see how they fit. I found out there is a J.Jill store not that far from where I live so if they do not work out I can take them back.

I will post back and let you know how they work out.

I buy the Wearever line for business trips, since it doesn't wrinkle, travels well, and always looks nice. I agree that in general the clothing runs as a loose fit. If you are between sizes, generally it's safe to size down.

Season to season for me style wise can be hit or miss. Sometimes they have a whole store I love, other times, I walk through and don't see a single thing I like. I do miss their older style of embellishment, slightly boho, from when I first started shopping there.

I'm with you. I used to LOVE JJill and their boho chic style. Now, it seems like they are trying to be another Chicos or take over from Goldwater Creek. I went in the other day to look for their basic short sleeve Ts for work - there was nothing in there that even piqued my interest a little bit. I tried some of the basics, but went away empty.

Something else - their clothes do seem to run bigger than before and are styled for someone with a different body type - much more curvy than what I used to see here. I used to buy XL shirts and I was swimming in the one I tried - had to size down. I tried on a pair of pants in a size 12 - the waist fit, but I could grab inches' worth of fabric around the hips, thighs, and butt.

What slidergirl wrote is what I'm worried about. I have a thick waist but my backside is not very big and I have thin legs so when pants fit my waist they are baggy in the butt and legs. I have the hardest time with pants. I sure hope the two wearever pants I ordered will fit.

I just left JJill empty handed & I tried to buy. Nothing worked. However, I did have better luck at Chicos for drop hem tops (6 colors) in a slub linen, fit is great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm fortunate to have a JJill's near me. I really like much of their clothing but have a little trouble getting them to fit right. When they do fit, they are wonderful. JJIll has such pretty colors. I also like their jewelry which isn't gaudy or really heavy.

J JIll has become a new go to of mine because it seems to me that Chico's is getting much more showy (if there is such a word) and more dramatic in cut and fabrics. They do still have very good pants and basic t-shirts.

I received my J.Jill order. I love the one pair of wearever pants but taking back the other pair of pants and the dress. They just did not fit right and the dress color was very different then it showed on-line.

I received my J.Jill order. I love the one pair of wearever pants but taking back the other pair of pants and the dress. They just did not fit right and the dress color was very different then it showed on-line.

Good to hear what one pair of pants worked for you. Which one ended up fitting correctly - the "regular" size or the next one down?

I'm in no-man's land on pants right now. I was looking for another pair of work pants on my day off. Nothing at JJill fit, nothing at Ann Taylor fit (I tried all the "fits"), no Halogen fit, sigh. I either have to lose 5 more lbs or gain back 5 more lbs, I guess. I found a pair of pants through a Facebook ad - Little Black Pant (add ".com"). They do a different sizing - by body type. I figured I would try and if no good, I'd return. I actually love them. Fit me just right with no excess fabric at the hips and thighs. Take a look at them, too.

The size small wearever pants fit but they have a stretch waists which I do well with since my waist is so thick. I have no butt and thin legs so pants are my enemy. I'm retired so I wear sweats most of the time but when I go on a cruise I like to dress up.

I'm 5"6 and 132 pounds and I can wear anything from a 4 to a 12 depending on the clothes. I'm also over 60 so I try to dress not like a 30 year old.

I do well with their non numbered sized bottoms (sm - xl) rather than their numbered bottoms. I feel like their numbered bottoms tend to be cut for women without curves.

I also recently discovered JJill and I love the 'Pure Jill' pants. I just ordered my 3rd pair when I saw their 30% off sale. I wear a size 12 in pants and the medium fits perfectly. Unfortunately, I haven't found any tops that fit.