Nervous first timer

jirafas_

One day I decided on a whim to book a cruise for my 21st birthday, and I booked it solo (nobody else could make it). I'm on the NCL Escape, departing June 10th from Miami. I'm excited for sure, but I'm still nervous because I've never travelled alone, gone outside of the country, or been on a cruise. This was a really bold decision for me to make, and I don't regret it, but I am worried there won't be many people my age.On the bright side, I bought the unlimited drinks package so at least I can meet people at the bar, right?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

It is very easy to meet people on a cruise. On NCL in June there should be plenty of young people. Don't stress! Enjoy your first cruise (which likely will not be your last:D).

Heya, please please PLEASE don't be nervous!! This is the best decision you could have made.

The escape is the best ship for young people there will be quite a few don't worry! If you fancy making some friends join us at http://www.cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk [emoji16]☀️ We're a lovely bunch if I do say so myself! Loads of people who you can ask questions to and chat with. Quite a few of us have been on the escape too (not me sadly although I am a big time NCL fan). I'm 23 and have been on 9 NCL cruises :D

You definitely can meet people, there are SO many events going on all day on NCL ships and I always manage to make friends (even if I'm not trying too haha).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats on booking your first cruise and welcome to Cruise Critic Jirafas.

If you've booked a solo cabin on Escape there is a private lounge there where all the other solo passengers can meet up.

There are tons of events on board, lots of opportunities to meet people.

Cruising is a wonderful way to travel. Have a wonderful trip!

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

One day I decided on a whim to book a cruise for my 21st birthday, and I booked it solo (nobody else could make it). I'm on the NCL Escape, departing June 10th from Miami. I'm excited for sure, but I'm still nervous because I've never travelled alone, gone outside of the country, or been on a cruise. This was a really bold decision for me to make, and I don't regret it, but I am worried there won't be many people my age.On the bright side, I bought the unlimited drinks package so at least I can meet people at the bar, right?

Go to the solo meeting even if you aren't in a solo cabin you will meet some great people young and older. This will also give you some people to meet up with for dinner. And yes you can meet plenty of people at the many bars onboard do the drink tastings those are always fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on booking your first cruise. As others have stated, join the roll call, and partake in the single gatherings and you will find plenty of people to associate with aboard the cruise. Hope you have a great time.

Congrats on booking your first cruise and welcome to Cruise Critic Jirafas.

If you've booked a solo cabin on Escape there is a private lounge there where all the other solo passengers can meet up.

There are tons of events on board, lots of opportunities to meet people.

Cruising is a wonderful way to travel. Have a wonderful trip!

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I am in the solo cabin, I thought the lounge was really important to make sure I don't spend the entire week by myself. Thanks

You can start meeting people on your cruise be joining your Roll Call. There might be some who are in your age group. Enjoy your cruise!

Here is your Roll Call:

June 10, 2017 Roll Call-Norwegian Escape

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2313273

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, I joined the roll call. Hopefully between that and the solo lounge I should be able to meet a lot of people.

I did my 1st 7 day solo on Escape. I loved it....doing it again next year. I was in solo cabin & did solo group dinners every night. Even hung out with some guys from my solo group in St Thomas.

You will have a blast. Don't worry.

NCL, Carnival and RCI are all good lines for solo singles. Summer cruise will have a lot of families and younger folks so you should be OK. You will get a ship's newsletter each night in your cabin for the next day. There will be activities from early morning to well past midnight. Get out of your cabin and your comfort zone and participate in some of the group activities. This is great way to meet new people. You can meet people anywhere on the ship. Cruise ships are very social places. The NCL Escape has a social lounge for those booked those special solo cabins. I believe their is a social host/hostess and they try to organize group dining for solos. Well worth it to check it out. Happy cruising.

The advice and assurances of all of the previous Posters are spot on. First time adventures may cause nervousness which will lead to excitement as your sailing day arrives and you embark.

Since you stated that you have not traveled outside the country, may I suggest that you be sure that you have the necessary documents on your person to embark the ship.

A most pleasant memory for me is my first cruise. I wish the same for you! Bon Voyage!

• 1 month later...