Getting to Sayulita from the Puerto Vallarta Airport

SelectSys

Not really a cruise question, but I am curious if anyone who spends a lot of time in Puerto Vallarta knows the frequency of service of bus service between the airport and Sayulita. I am looking at a week trip their and don't want to rent a car.

Thanks in advance to anyone for their insight or experience!

Not really a cruise question, but I am curious if anyone who spends a lot of time in Puerto Vallarta knows the frequency of service of bus service between the airport and Sayulita. I am looking at a week trip their and don't want to rent a car.

Thanks in advance to anyone for their insight or experience!

You should check the Trip Advisor travel forum for Puerto Vallarta/Sayulita. Post your question there and you will get some good information about the buses and also about Sayulita. If I am not mistaken there are some issues about Sayulita and you will get some info on the TA site.

Buses run every 20 minutes to Sayulita as far as I know. It is public transport, so in case you have luggage, you will need to keep it on your lap, no special place for suitcases etc. In that case better arrange private transportation. Often buses are rather full and donot expect airco. (windows will be open however). Traveltime will be about 45min/1 hour.

You can get the bus by walking over the bridge on the highway.

You should check the Trip Advisor travel forum for Puerto Vallarta/Sayulita. Post your question there and you will get some good information about the buses and also about Sayulita. If I am not mistaken there are some issues about Sayulita and you will get some info on the TA site.

I did and it was pretty limited in terms of bus travel.

Buses run every 20 minutes to Sayulita as far as I know. It is public transport, so in case you have luggage, you will need to keep it on your lap, no special place for suitcases etc. In that case better arrange private transportation. Often buses are rather full and donot expect airco. (windows will be open however). Traveltime will be about 45min/1 hour.

You can get the bus by walking over the bridge on the highway.

Thanks! We will be traveling light with only a 10 kg bag. I am familiar with local buses in other parts of Mexico, so I am only expecting a cheap ride for about 50 pesos as opposed to 500-1000 pesos for a private taxi.