Cape Liberty

babs135

Statue of Liberty is a little over two miles to the left of any ship sailing from Cape Liberty - you will not sail past it. Lowest Manhattan is just under 4 miles away, which will give you a good view of the skyline. Just to the right as you leave the pier is Robbin's Reef Lighthouse. As you sail out, Staten Island will be on your right and Brooklyn on your left.

Back before Bistro on Five became sushi, we would eat lunch there after boarding. We had a table by the windows and could see the Statue of Liberty from our table. Now, I didn't see it at first because I was looking for something big - as it was a distance away it was much smaller than I thought it should be. But we could definitely see it. We did not sail past on our way out but I heard that sometimes the ships do that. Maybe you will be the lucky ones to sail past.

That stinks. I wonder why. Capt Leo and then Capt Kate used to do it on a regular basis.

I wonder why too. The weather hasn't been bad, nor was there unusual harbor traffic. Fuel costs? It was a nice treat. Hope Capt. Kate heads up on Tuesday.