Helijet vs. Harbour Air for Victoria to Vancouver

We are flying into Victoria from California to visit Buchart Gardens before going to Vancouver to start our cruise. I was thinking of booking Harbour Air but then I read about their baggage allowance which is 15 to 50 pounds depending on how expensive a ticket you book.

We aren't heavy packers. I expect we'd have a roll-aboard and a small bag each. I did a quick test pack and my total is probably between 35 and 40 pounds when fully packed. I wouldn't mind paying the $1 a pound extra but it is "space available" so I'd be concerned that they would say the flight didn't have room/weight. None of that is a worry with Helijet as their baggage allowance is 50 pounds per passenger.

The thing is, I've ridden on a helicopter before but I've never been on a sea plane so I was looking forward to the adventure of a water take off and landing. If we did the goGold tickets on Harbour Air, the guaranteed baggage allowance would be 50 pounds each but it would cost about $120 more (total, not each). Even the goFlex tickets which allow 25 pounds each cost more than the Helijet.