Rehearsal/Welcome Dinner in Miami before Cruise Wedding

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I are getting married Harborside in Miami, FL on December 2, 2017 aboard the NCL Escape. We are staying at the YVE Hotel Miami near the Port of Miami and Bayside Marketplace. We are looking to host a Welcome/Rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding for the guests coming down to Miami for the ceremony and cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for places that would be walking distance from the hotel. We are thinking somewhere between 20-30 guests will be attending.

Thank you in advanced!

First, congratulations!

We had a welcome dinner at Fado Irish Pub, located in Brickell Marketplace. There was no room charge, and they were wonderful to deal with. Since it was a welcome dinner, we had everyone pay their own way (they allowed us separate bills). They also offer party platters and the like, but that's not anything we did. The food and drinks were delicious - I'd definitely recommend checking them out!

I just saw the walking distance part. Downtown is great but a but the restaurants are smaller. However brickell is semi walkable and there is the free metro mover and that opens up the options. I wouldn't do FADO. It's a great sports bar but not for a pre wedding dinner. Check out "crazy about you" (gorgeous view) and "Delores call me Lolita" the upstairs Terrace is amazing. They are sister restaurants and they have flat rates for multiple courses that are quite reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Candice....I didn't even know about the Metro Mover until you mentioned it. We are looking into Crazy About You and Delores But You Can Call me Lolita. They both look AMAZING from their websites in terms of their views. Have you eaten there before they seem to both have excellent reviews on Yelp as well. They are definitely our front runners so far. We also looked into Tradewinds Bar and Grill which appears to be are of the Bayside Marketplace directly across the street from the YVE Hotel.

Hi! Yes I've eaten at both of them. And both are excellent. The difference is the ambiance. Crazy about you is right on the water with an amazing view IF you can get outside seating. I also love the rooftop terrace at Delores. It's beautiful. I say pick the one you like the look of the most :)

I wouldn't do tradewinds. I have never had a good meal at bayside anyway. Its a bit of a tourist trap. Fun but the food isn't great.