Meraviglia-water park restrictions

annamarieheath

Hi all-we set sail on 28th July with a 4 &5 year old. Wanted to know what, if any, age/height restrictions there are on the water park big slides.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2300031

I think 4 & 5 may be too young for those slides because there are older kids around. It is a safety thing. I will post to let you when I am on the ship later this month. Our daughter is 7 and I have the same concern as well.

We are boarding next Friday June 16th and have a 8 year old and a 6 1/2 year old... Will let you known how they get on in relation to the waterslide... I've read somewhere it may have height restrictions but also read somewhere that it's not strictly enforced! Seems counter productive if they have waterslides but exclude a large portion of children from them....

following

We are boarding next Friday June 16th and have a 8 year old and a 6 1/2 year old... Will let you known how they get on in relation to the waterslide... I've read somewhere it may have height restrictions but also read somewhere that it's not strictly enforced! Seems counter productive if they have waterslides but exclude a large portion of children from them....

OK so not on board long, kids get different colour bands, under 6 (red)and over 6 (green) our boys tried to go on slide and only oldest was allowed, even thought the youngest met the height restrictions. It appears the band dictates, which seems silly as our youngest is 6 and a half and as tall as our 8 year old. I'm going to see if I can get him on it tomorrow, will let you know.

Thank you so much. So under six years old means six years old, too? :-(

Sent from my LG-H815 using Forums mobile app

For you, I hope the green is for 6 AND over! Once on Royal similar happened to us. Our daughter was 1 month shy of an age requirement. Even thought she is tall for her age, and still is at 7, Royal did not allow her to participate. I hope the best for you.

For you, I hope the green is for 6 AND over! Once on Royal similar happened to us. Our daughter was 1 month shy of an age requirement. Even thought she is tall for her age, and still is at 7, Royal did not allow her to participate. I hope the best for you.

Thank you so much. She will be 6 years and 3 months by then. I keep my fingers crossed. She can swim very good and she loves the waterslides.

124580192bf967c75e13f9aa66a791d8.jpg

This is the official sign, one above has the red bracelets (for under sevens) crossed out for the slides... But as mentioned earlier today it went by height!

I should also point out the water park also has a little water slide and both my boys really enjoy this one too....

This is the official sign, one above has the red bracelets (for under sevens) crossed out for the slides... But as mentioned earlier today it went by height!

I should also point out the water park also has a little water slide and both my boys really enjoy this one too....

You rock! Thanks so much! 9 more days til we get to the ship!

Unfortunately I cannot read the sign. What is the required height?

Thank you.