Newark Airport....looks like another La Guardia in the making

I'm also interested in when this is suppposed to start. I'm flying into EWR on a Friday in early October. Hopefully we won't be too much of a mess. I have time to change to fly into JFK.

LaG is unique because it's so small to begin with and the roads surrounding are major thoroughfares to get into Manhattan. I doubt EWR will be as bad as LaG. Plus JFK always has some sort of construction going on too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LaG is unique because it's so small to begin with and the roads surrounding are major thoroughfares to get into Manhattan. I doubt EWR will be as bad as LaG. Plus JFK always has some sort of construction going on too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! That is encouraging to hear.

According to the article they just broke ground. Have family arriving there tomorrow, will keep an eye out to see if anything going on now,

Thank you so much...usually these things don't get started to fast...but by October who knows.

Remember to check with your airline, they all do not use Terminal A (United-UA/United Express does use all three terminals).

Terminal A Departures/Arrivals (except non-preclear International arrivals)

Air Canada -AC

Alaska Airlines-AS

American Airlines-AA

JetBlue-B6

Southwest-WN

Virgin America-VX

Thankfully, somewhat, AirTrain services at EWR will - as long it is running smoothly - ease the transfer issues for air travelers to/from the terminal with luggage (remained to be seen, of course.)

Taxi, car services & even bus transfers and especially dropoffs for departing flights at Terminal A will still be impacted ... load factors on Saturday aren't bad but Sunday will probably be more "problematic" as the constructions progress.

That, won't help EWR with the reputation of scoring among the worst 10 U.S. airports for summer time flight delays ... trailing closely by LGA and even JFK.