Just back from an awesome cruise on the Dream!

KRF326

We had a wonderful week traveling to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. Happy to answer any questions!

Hi there! Glad to hear you had a good week! We will be doing this itinerary at the end of August and couldn't be more excited. Two quick questions: Were there hot tubs on the lido where you could watch the dive in movies from? How was Roatan; we were planning on just doing a free beach day there, did you do an excursion?

Thanks!

We had a wonderful week traveling to Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. Happy to answer any questions!

I'll be sailing that same itinerary on Oct 1 and I would love to hear about what you did at each of the ports. This is my first time cruising and planning what to do at the ports is the only thing I'm a little worried about.

Hi there! Glad to hear you had a good week! We will be doing this itinerary at the end of August and couldn't be more excited. Two quick questions: Were there hot tubs on the lido where you could watch the dive in movies from? How was Roatan; we were planning on just doing a free beach day there, did you do an excursion?

Thanks!

You will LOVE it! I don't remember any hot tubs on lido or anywhere where you could watch the dive in movies.

Roatan was our favorite port. It was beautiful. I'm posting a full trip review attached to my pre-planning extensive post. I don't know how to link it here, but I'm sure you can find it if you click my username. I haven't gotten to Roatan, but will next. We did the Active Dolphin Swim through Carnival. It was our first excursion on our first cruise so we were a little unsure of the process. It was fantastic and the water was beautiful!

Have fun!

I'll be sailing that same itinerary on Oct 1 and I would love to hear about what you did at each of the ports. This is my first time cruising and planning what to do at the ports is the only thing I'm a little worried about.

I don't know how to link it, but I'm working on a trip report that is at the end of my pre planning report. I'm sure it can be found by clicking my name. It's long, but the last 2 pages or so is where I've started my trip report.

This was our first cruise and it was awesome! In Roatan we swan with dolphins, in Belize we did a city/Mayan ruin tour, and in Cozumel we visited Nachi Cocum. All awesome for different reasons. My kids would have been happy with beach days every day, but we wanted a little more. I'll go into them more extensively on my trip report, but Roatan was our favorite. The water was beautiful, the resort was nice, the people were phenomenal. We were finished and back on the ship by 12:30pm (fyi, no food at the port that was easy to get to) and ate lunch on a fairly empty ship.

We just picked things that sounded fun and a little different at each port. DD picked dolphins, DS picked ruins, and Mom and Dad picked private beach. They were all fun.

Have fun!

Do you have any Fun Times you could share? I'm not going until 12/24/17, but would still like to get an idea of the on board activities.

Do you have any Fun Times you could share? I'm not going until 12/24/17, but would still like to get an idea of the on board activities.

I'll have to see if I still have them. We never once looked at them, we just used the app. It was awesome. It would alert you when an activity was coming up that you had marked as interested. And, if anyone else in your party had marked that they were interested, it told you.

If I have them, I'll scan and post.

someone told me that in one of the ports, Belize or Roatan, you have to walk uphill once you get off the ship to catch up with a tour or to just go on your own. Can you talk about that? I'm concerned because my husband has significant hip issues. Thanks.

At Nachi Cocum, did you do the All Inclusive? If so, how was it?

We did. It was nice, but I don't think we would do it again. And let me explain...

The staff were awesome! Lamberto was our waiter and we never wanted for anything. The drinks were not weak, the food was plenty and good. We had a spot at the end of the row and I felt comfortable leaving our bags, etc by our chairs while we were in the water. There was a wedding happening that day and it was neat to see that. The pool was nice, the swim up bar great. Everything in their control was good. When we were ready to head back, Lamberto called a cab for us. The whole process of getting there and back was super easy.

Now, the reason I probably won't go back...The sand almost required shoes due to the reef pieces and numerous shells. Not horrible, but just something to note. And the water....it was full of seaweed. I know, I know, first world problems. Just saying it so you will expect it. The AI aspect was fine and worth it, they can't help the massive amount of seaweed and rough sand.

someone told me that in one of the ports, Belize or Roatan, you have to walk uphill once you get off the ship to catch up with a tour or to just go on your own. Can you talk about that? I'm concerned because my husband has significant hip issues. Thanks.

We are going on the Dream next week with these same ports. I've done a ton of reading on this site and have read many times & have an excusion booked that involves getting over the hill. This hill is in Roatan, there are cabs that will drive you over the hill for @ $2 per person.

In Belize I didn't see anything like that. We got off the tender and walked straight over to our guide. We were on a Carnival tour and just followed the guide from point A to point B which was a very short distance from where we got off the tender.

In Roatan, we met our guide. She walked us through the port to the back side where all the vans, etc are. We loaded and headed out of the port area. We went down a pretty decent hill and at the bottom were LOADS of people. Most holding a sign with a person's name or advertising the tour they were hosting. I bet that's what you've heard about. It was a downhill walk, but of course would be uphill on the way back.

Honestly, and I'm sure others will disagree, it looked like a feeding frenzy down there. I was glad to be on a Carnival tour and not mess with that, especially with kiddos with us. I'm sure it's plenty safe, but the desperation and frantic feeling just driving through made me anxious.

I'm enjoying reading your reviews and I love all the pictures! One of the things I'm really looking forward to enjoying is the Serenity Deck, but I've read a few reviews that say it can be very crowded. Did you spend any time there and if so, was it a pleasant experience?

I'm enjoying reading your reviews and I love all the pictures! One of the things I'm really looking forward to enjoying is the Serenity Deck, but I've read a few reviews that say it can be very crowded. Did you spend any time there and if so, was it a pleasant experience?

Thanks! I hope to get Roatan and Belize uploaded tonight!

We enjoyed the Serenity deck, but we were only up there at night. It was completely empty at night. As in, we didn't see another person at all for the 2-3 hours we were up there each night. Our room was right under it and during the day we might hear a person or two if we were on the balcony, but I never noticed it being crowded.

Enjoy!

Thanks! I hope to get Roatan and Belize uploaded tonight!

We enjoyed the Serenity deck, but we were only up there at night. It was completely empty at night. As in, we didn't see another person at all for the 2-3 hours we were up there each night. Our room was right under it and during the day we might hear a person or two if we were on the balcony, but I never noticed it being crowded.

Enjoy!

Oh I can't wait to see your reviews of those ports! And that's great to hear! Thanks again for the info!

In Belize I didn't see anything like that. We got off the tender and walked straight over to our guide. We were on a Carnival tour and just followed the guide from point A to point B which was a very short distance from where we got off the tender.

In Roatan, we met our guide. She walked us through the port to the back side where all the vans, etc are. We loaded and headed out of the port area. We went down a pretty decent hill and at the bottom were LOADS of people. Most holding a sign with a person's name or advertising the tour they were hosting. I bet that's what you've heard about. It was a downhill walk, but of course would be uphill on the way back.

Honestly, and I'm sure others will disagree, it looked like a feeding frenzy down there. I was glad to be on a Carnival tour and not mess with that, especially with kiddos with us. I'm sure it's plenty safe, but the desperation and frantic feeling just driving through made me anxious.

I've read the the tour companies can drive you all the way back to the port on the return, just can't pick you up there. So you only have to walk the hill or hire the cab for the hill when leaving the port.

You will LOVE it! I don't remember any hot tubs on lido or anywhere where you could watch the dive in movies.

Roatan was our favorite port. It was beautiful. I'm posting a full trip review attached to my pre-planning extensive post. I don't know how to link it here

Have fun!

Is this the thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2348942

I've read the the tour companies can drive you all the way back to the port on the return, just can't pick you up there. So you only have to walk the hill or hire the cab for the hill when leaving the port.

This is correct. We've done it several times without any issues.

I'll have to see if I still have them. We never once looked at them, we just used the app. It was awesome. It would alert you when an activity was coming up that you had marked as interested. And, if anyone else in your party had marked that they were interested, it told you.

If I have them, I'll scan and post.

I would love to see the Fun Times from this cruise / Itinerary.