Why do you sail Carnival and I don't think it's for the vifp benefits

NOSaints1

Just wondering why it seems Carnival has the worst benefit programs amongst the other cruise lines.i love carnival just as much as other people but is there a reason everyone stays loyal when other cruise lines treats their customers better and gives them better rewards

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wondering why it seems Carnival has the worst benefit programs amongst the other cruise lines.i love carnival just as much as other people but is there a reason everyone stays loyal when other cruise lines treats their customers better and gives them better rewards

Usually costs less but the main reason is that my family and I have enjoyed every Carnival cruise we have been on. I have only been on one other cruise other than Carnival (NCL) and while it was still enjoyable, we did not enjoy it as much as Carnival.

1) Everyone does not stay loyal. Many people who patronize Carnival cruise on other lines, too.

2) I've never experienced anything but great hospitality and service on the 6 or 7 Carnival cruises I've taken ...How do other cruise lines treat their customers better? ... Have you been abused, treated poorly or disrespected by Carnival crew?

3) I agree that Carnival's past guest benefits are the weakest of all of the cruise lines but I've always had a good time with Carnival and don't choose my cruises based on shipboard perks.

Carnival is good with family activities. Also, they tend to have the better itinerary, and usually better price for the ships within driving distance. I am loyal to my wallet. The three major lines are all about the same, so it comes down to value. If I get the same product at a cheaper price, we take the cheaper price. I have been Platinum status since 2007 and have cruised other lines since then. Platinum status doesn't count for much since they have taken some of the benefits away, and diluted it with FTTF.

I sailed Vista in April because I have kids, the ship has great pools, waterworks, and the ports were appealing. However the price was high and there was no real deal or value even booking 13 months out. For 2019 I searched for my Panama Canal cruise. 2019 Carnival Freedom (older ship 2006) 14 day for four inside cabin deck 2 is $6700 for everything (taxes, grats, vaca protection). Norwegian Bliss (brand new for 2018) 15 day (one more than CCL) family inside deck 11 also $6700. However that price includes unlimited drink package for a whopping 15 days that has a $2000 value to it included for us, the Carnival Cheers was $1500 extra! :o No brainer which was a better value and an extra day on a brand new ship. It's booked. Carnival offers the least perks with climbing prices and we will most likely never sail them for a while. We are on MSC in 2018. BTW, look at the laughable prices for the Carnival Horizon for 2019. $5000 for a simple inside for four on a basic 8 day eastern Caribbean, nothing included. That's about a million miles away from any deal or value what so ever .....

We've had a great time and booked on the dream but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something by not trying others

Trust me, you are missing out unless you expand your horizons. There's better ships, better food, better everything out there for you to try at any time.

I don't cruise out of brand loyalty or because of benefits, I find what I feel is the best value for my money. That being said I have been on all of the big 3 several times each, all the products are similar and I enjoy them all. For us Carnival is the overall leader in cruises taken by a long shot, they have been the best value more times than they haven't.

Our first cruise was on Carnival Imagination for our second cruise we moved to RCCL Explorer of the Seas, new and much larger ship. RCCL's ship had more bells and whistles but we found the Imagination and CCL's staff more like home. We did like some of RCCL bells and whistles but it was our opinion CCL provided far superior customer service and we like there selection of food better much more than RCCL. We have been on 14 cruises our 15th is coming in October and all but one was CCL. Will be ever go to another cruise line, I would say yes because of some of the place we want to sail when we retire but CCL will be our first choice.

We go on our cruises to rest and have time together, the VIFP package is not a reason why we cruise. Don't get me wrong it nice to be recognized by CCL for my loyalty and do like a free drink or two, but the best benefit and only benefit I care about is the priority embarkation and tendering and hope they remain part of the VIFP Platinum package.

Enjoy your cruise vacation!

For me it comes down to price. We have to either drive for hours or fly to a port. For now, we prefer to drive to the port, which means NOLA or Galveston. (Or Mobile now) I'm not interested in cruising on the ships that other lines offer at those ports. We are a very 'easy to please family', so if we can get a week vacation at a great price, we'll take it. At this point it has always been with Carnival. We are branching way out of our "comfort zone" next fall and trying out MSC. I'm actually looking forward to that "something new" feeling. :)

We just turned Platinum last summer. All things being equal, I would sail Carnival. If I was looking for an upgraded cruise and wanted to pay more, I would. Right now in my life, I like what Carnival offers. We have sailed on four RCL ships and had a good time there also. We did a list of pros and cons and it was equal. Of course this is different for everyone.

I've never experienced anything but great hospitality and service on the 6 or 7 Carnival cruises I've taken ...How do other cruise lines treat their customers better? ... Have you been abused, treated poorly or disrespected by Carnival crew?

In the most part, I've always been treated very well on Carnival. The staff is friendly and they've always made me feel welcome. But to answer your question, when you sail on cruise lines in the premium segment that are considered a tier or two above Carnival, they do step things up. The difference is in the attention to detail and the way crewmembers are trained which yields a more consistent level of professionalism and etiquette exhibited. Also, the passenger to crew ratio is more generous which translates into service that feels more personal, and a more effective ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of passengers.

A way to explain this is by comparing the customer service provided at different hotel chains. For example, I love staying at Aloft hotels, with their cool and smart vibe, and very friendly staff. But as much as I enjoy them, and even though I have never been treated poorly or disrespected at any of their properties, their customer service isn't nearly as outstanding or solid as what I've experienced on more upscale hotels, even within the same family of hotels (which in this case includes W and St. Regis hotels).

It's not that Alfots are bad, it's that there are other options that are considerably better. But the only way to understand what those differences are is to experience them. Same applies to Carnival vs other cruise lines. The proverbial saying: "you won't know what you're missing until you try it" applies here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums