Wishing everyone a safe flight to their next cruise ...

Cuizer2

What if I'm not going on a cruise? Screw me? :D

The first and third pictures are completely genuine and just optical illusions.

The first is at SYD when they are operating a procedure contrary to typical airport operations. Aircraft are taking off on 16L, whilst on a parallel runway aircraft are landing in the oncoming direction. It's known as SODPROPS. The runways are about 3500ft apart.

The third picture is taken at SFO where the centrelines on the 28 runways are about 750ft apart.

Above the planes.

Well, duh. It looks photo shopped. If there was another plane at the angle to catch that precise photo, I am still very curious who had a camera at the ready at that exact spot and moment- and why.

Well, duh. It looks photo shopped. If there was another plane at the angle to catch that precise photo, I am still very curious who had a camera at the ready at that exact spot and moment- and why.

It very likely is not so much photoshopped (modifying a real photo) as it is likely CG (creating the picture on the computer from scratch). Another clue is how clear the picture is. I've taken photos of place in flight (see below) and shooting through the plastic between the passengers and the glass windows degrades the shot ...

Taking off from ORD ...

D13-5.jpg

Landing at JFK ...

IMG_0293a_zps333da7e2.jpg

Okay, this one wasn't taken from an airplane. It shows how much better the photograph looks without the plastic ...

hStm7_zpsc06cc2b4.jpg

Ah yes. the KLM 747 landing on St. Maarten, going over Maho Beach (which is right at the head of the runway). Had friends who always did that beach day once on their vacations to St. Maarten. But, no more: KLM just removed the 747 flight in October :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...