First PG Cruise/ Restaurant Recommendations

BPCruiser

We will be taking our 1st PG cruise in Oct. Looking for tips, suggestions and recommendations on the various Dining Venues on Board. From what I can see on the PG website, it appears there are 2 restaurants in the evening that require reservations. Do you need them for the Main Dining Room. What time does Dinner start, same in all restaurants?

Dress attire same for all...

We have been trying to plan this as well for the July 15th Cook Island cruise.

This is what I have been picking up based on my research (of course credit to TBK)... I'm sure the veterans will add more to this shortly as well.

Le Grill: The outdoor "pool" restaurant... an evening that the ship is in port. On this route that is Nights 1 (Papeete) ,7 (Bora), 8 (Bora),10 (Moorea),11 (Papeete return)

Le Verandah: The fanciest restaurant from what I am seeing. My thoughts are that it might be nice to enjoy on the sea days or perhaps a port day that Le Grill is not available since there is also an outdoor portion.

Le Etoile: MDR... likely best when not sure what time you want since it does not seem to require a reservation.

We have been trying to plan this as well for the July 15th Cook Island cruise.

This is what I have been picking up based on my research (of course credit to TBK)... I'm sure the veterans will add more to this shortly as well.

Le Grill: The outdoor "pool" restaurant... an evening that the ship is in port. On this route that is Nights 1 (Papeete) ,7 (Bora), 8 (Bora),10 (Moorea),11 (Papeete return)

Le Verandah: The fanciest restaurant from what I am seeing. My thoughts are that it might be nice to enjoy on the sea days or perhaps a port day that Le Grill is not available since there is also an outdoor portion.

Le Etoile: MDR... likely best when not sure what time you want since it does not seem to require a reservation.

Good Summary.... Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All restaurants are very goo, just different.

All open around the same time.

Only need reservations for the two.

Dress is country club causal for all.

All your questions are answered on the PG website.

La Veranda is more French in flair.

Le Grill is Asian in flair.

Main dining restaurant is international with a theme tossed in every night but always a good number of international stuff.

All restaurants are very goo, just different.

All open around the same time.

Only need reservations for the two.

Dress is country club causal for all.

All your questions are answered on the PG website.

La Veranda is more French in flair.

Le Grill is Asian in flair.

Main dining restaurant is international with a theme tossed in every night but always a good number of international stuff.

Thank You for the information.

And Le Grill can also be uncomfortable if the weather is very hot and humid. But we should be okay in October. Stormy weather can also affect it. It's quite romantic, quiet, intimate, the food usually very nice, but not better than L'Etoile, just quite Asian. La Veranda is quite French and usually very good.

Usually they try to let everyone have a chance at one reservation per restaurant, but sometimes you can get a second night after a few days onboard.

And Le Grill can also be uncomfortable if the weather is very hot and humid. But we should be okay in October. Stormy weather can also affect it. It's quite romantic, quiet, intimate, the food usually very nice, but not better than L'Etoile, just quite Asian. La Veranda is quite French and usually very good.

Usually they try to let everyone have a chance at one reservation per restaurant, but sometimes you can get a second night after a few days onboard.

Thanks! Looking forward to it [emoji4]

Polynesian night is the next to last night of the cruise with same menu served at all restaurants, something to keep in mind if you want to try the different menus that the specialty restauarants offer.

I believe all open for dinner at 6:30.