Silversea Cloud Expedition Cruise

Carol From California

We just booked an Antarctica expedition cruise on Silversea for February, 2018. They are refurbishing the Cloud to an all-suite luxury expedition ship. This 10 day itinerary is from Ushuaia to Ushuaia and does not include the Falkland Islands, which I understand are amazing but I can't take that much time off for a much longer cruise. Prior to this Silversea had the Explorer ship in Antarctica which is also being revamped. There is very little on these boards about Silversea Expeditions in Antarctica so if anyone has been on an Antarctica cruise with Silversea I would love to hear how your experience was.

Hi Carol from California,

We just got off the Cloud and booked the Antarctica Cloud Expedition for February 2019! Several other passengers highly recommended the trip as a once in a lifetime experience. We also saw a video on the renovations into an ice ship and it looks wonderful. The only negative I heard was the Drake passage can be quite rough or may not be depending on the weather. The guides we were told are very experienced and there is a one to one passenger crew ratio as there can only be 200 passengers on board. Please post your experience as we have to wait until 2019 for our trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the quick 11-day Antarctica trip in 2009 - it used to be 11 days before it was 10. I have a link to a ton of pictures in my signature. Suffice it to say that it was an amazing trip and the one that got us hooked on SS. The Cloud as an expedition ship should be amazing. Hope to sail on her in this new incarnation.

Hi Carol, hope y'all have an absolutely terrific (and Romantic) Cloud Expedition Antarctica voyage--wonderful anniversary cruise. As you know, we board the Cloud the day y'all disembark next February look forward to reading about your Antarctica experiences.

We did the quick 11-day Antarctica trip in 2009 - it used to be 11 days before it was 10. I have a link to a ton of pictures in my signature. Suffice it to say that it was an amazing trip and the one that got us hooked on SS. The Cloud as an expedition ship should be amazing. Hope to sail on her in this new incarnation.

Thanks for sharing your photos! They are great!

Thanks for the photos, gives us something to look forwards to. We are booked for a 15-night on the Cloud in December 2018 over the holidays. Will be our first cruise on SS. Looking forwards to it.