Moorea Magic Mountain?

sita

Hello - we have enjoyed the view from the Belvedere on each visit to Moorea but have never made it to the spot called Magic Mountain. We are doing a precruise next trip and would like to try to do this. We will have a car. I understand that it is a hike to this viewing area. Does anyone have specifics like where to acess the trail and how long the hike is? Māuruuru!

Yes you must hike unless you go by ATV. The access of very close to Papetoai. Never been up there so I can't say for sure if it goes across private property in which case it may be more difficult to go up there unless your on a tour or pay a few bucks to the property owner. I'm sure someone will chime in who knows the details.

I was there once on an Albert's tour. It is spectacular but a bit scary as the driver BACKED UP to the spot where we then had to walk up the trail. It was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was there once on an Albert's tour. It is spectacular but a bit scary as the driver BACKED UP to the spot where we then had to walk up the trail. It was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did this trip in 2003. It was scary at the end...but what a view of the two bays!