concierge embarkation lunch?

39august

Never having sailed X before, I am wondering if we should try the concierge MDR lunch on embarkation day. I have read there is a very limited menu. Is it possible to go the the MDR and ask to see the menu before being seated? And about how long does the lunch take, please? We are not into long, drawn out meals. Does the lunch begin at noon or earlier? About how many people typically attend this lunch? I have no idea how many concierge class cabins there are on Silly, so no idea how many are eligible for this perk. Any information is welcomed.

Sure, you could ask to see the menu first. Or someone here might post the latest menu. There are 2 starter choices, 3-4 mains choices, and a couple of desserts. Service is very prompt, and we were in and out in under an hour.. Ihave no idea how many concierge cabins are on each ship, but the dining room didn't look that crowded to me. IIRC, lunch seating ends around 1:30.

And it sure beats the zoo up in the buffet.

Never having sailed X before, I am wondering if we should try the concierge MDR lunch on embarkation day. I have read there is a very limited menu. Is it possible to go the the MDR and ask to see the menu before being seated? And about how long does the lunch take, please? We are not into long, drawn out meals. Does the lunch begin at noon or earlier? About how many people typically attend this lunch? I have no idea how many concierge class cabins there are on Silly, so no idea how many are eligible for this perk. Any information is welcomed.

Lunch service starts at noon and goes to about 1:30pm. Cabins are not available until at least 1:00 so you have time to have a relaxing lunch. You can check the menu before being seated. Difficult to say how many show up. Other than Concierge passengers it is open to Zenith Loyalty members and frequently B2B passengers as well a people who have been invited to see the ship. Could be empty or very crowded depending on the cruise.There have been many, many recent threads on this topic and a quick search will answer your questions.

Wow. Every time we sail Celebrity we have sailed in a Concierge class cabin and never knew their was a Concierge lunch in the MDR on embarkation day. We might have to try that when we sail Summit in September!

This perk was added, I believe ,in 2016.

We had lunch in the MDR on our last Celebrity cruise. It was very nice. Seated at a window table watching the ship being loaded with supplies, while we had a lovely lunch with champagne.Great way to start your cruise before you can get to your stateroom, much more relaxing than the buffet.

On my January cruise, they were showing the menu to folks as they walked in, but if they don't do that, just ask to see it.

It didn't take long at all.

I arrive at the port at 11:00 and after checking in I went directly to the MDR and they were seating people, so I'm not sure what time it opened. I would just go after you check in to see if it is open and if it isn't ask what time they open.

I don't think there were more than 30 or 40 people in the MDR and I feel that was because of the 2 entree choices, as many sat and then left and many just looked at the menu and left.

One good thing, another poster said that they had 3 entrees on their cruise, where mine only had 2.

The luncheon was added in 2016 sometime between February (when it wasn't offered) and December (when it was). The luncheon is between 11:30 and 1:00. We found it lovely and it was a pleasure not dragging around our carry-on luggage in the buffet. The maitre d took it and put it in a separate area while we leisurely ate lunch. It was served fairly quickly, but we decided to take our time with extra coffee after the meal since the rooms weren't ready yet. By the time lunch was concluded at 1:00 an announcement was made that our rooms were ready. I didn't see the menu posted outside the MDR, but you certainly could ask to see the menu when you are being seated.

I just returned from the Equinox and the lunch was very nice. They seat in the main dining room at large group tables where you can chat with other passengers. The choices were butternut squash soup or Caesar salad, chicken with fries or salmon with potatoes or a pasta dish and dessert. The only thing to remember is that there is not much they can do if you have a dietary restriction not already mentioned on the menu as the food is already prepared. One neat item was that they gave us a "pass" to the helo pad to watch us sail out of Miami as we left the lunch. It was not in our room and we never received this again so that made going to the lunch worth it to have champagne and stand at the bow of the ship when sailed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just returned from the Equinox and the lunch was very nice. They seat in the main dining room at large group tables where you can chat with other passengers. The choices were butternut squash soup or Caesar salad, chicken with fries or salmon with potatoes or a pasta dish and dessert. The only thing to remember is that there is not much they can do if you have a dietary restriction not already mentioned on the menu as the food is already prepared. One neat item was that they gave us a "pass" to the helo pad to watch us sail out of Miami as we left the lunch. It was not in our room and we never received this again so that made going to the lunch worth it to have champagne and stand at the bow of the ship when sailed!

Was the pasta dish vegetarian?

On our Iceland/Ireland cruise last year we were pleasantly surprised by the newly introduced Concierge lunch soon after we boarded. I think it started at 12 or 12.30 and saved us navigating the Ocean View buffet on embarkation day, when we had our carry on bags etc, That can become hectic with nearly everybody looking for a seat at lunchtime. Maybe Celebrity introduced this lunch to try and take the pressure off the buffet.

This lunch time alternative we found very relaxing, and a lovely way to start the holiday. We were seated at a large table with other passengers including B2B guests (although I suppose we could have asked for a table on our own if we had wished). No there wasn't a lot of choice, but we were happy to choose from what was available, which was fine We had had a more than adequate breakfast at the hotel beforehand, and knew we would be well fed during the cruise. I feel sure the waiters would bring something different if there were any dietary needs.

I went to the luncheon on the June 18th Equinox departure. Chicken, Salmon, Pasta. It was fair. Afterward we went to the buffet for a real lunch. Quiet and relaxed, but the buffet is better.

On Constellation in November I went to the lunch and within a few minutes left as we didn't like the menu. It was lamb, I believe sea bass, and something else. We decided the buffet would be more fun anyway. People watching jet lagged geriatrics navigate a crowded buffet was great. The tempers the men had were hilarious, and the restraint of the wives was remarkable. I love the buffet on embarkarion day as long as I'm there early.

Having said that I will go to the CC lunch on my upcoming sailing if it's a different menu like the chicken and salmon people have been posting about

whatever will bewilder me

We really enjoyed the Concierge embarkation lunch. Though the menu was limited we both found something we liked. There is a dedicated area to leave your luggage and it was a very relaxing start to the cruise - chatting to fellow passengers and enjoying a glass of wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We really enjoyed the concierge lunch as well....and were directed to the MDR immediately upon boarding the Summit last October. The menu was limited but there was a meat, fish and vegetarian dish together with delicious dessert...try the chocolate mousse cake....service was speedy probably due to limited menu...there was no wait to be seated, which is open so be prepared to sit with others...and it was a nice relaxing way to begin a cruise since I don't find the buffet fun or amusing at any time. By the time we finished lunch our rooms were ready but our luggage wasn't delivered until several hours later.

May 2016 Baltic cruise Silhouette We arrived in MDR around 12 noon 50 to 60 people dining in middle of room. Menu had 3 app.,3 mains, 3 desserts. Enjoyed lunch , at least 1 main was veg. Way better than buffet. When we left maybe 80 people dining.

We also got to go to a sail off on helicopter deck. Drinks, snacks, and crew to converse with. Celebrity split concierge into 2 groups , 1/2 one day and rest on another day.

Sounds like each ship does luncheon slightly different.

I suspect if Celerity provided Concierge guests with just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich which was unavailable to everyone else, there would still be people raving about how fabulous it is to eat this wonderful peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This is human nature. The fact is, during every other cruise day there is a better lunch in the dinning room that all can attend, and on embarkation day, the lunch in the buffet has a much wider selection than this lunch. But if you feel you must "get your money's worth" for what you paid for (my wife falls into that group) by all means, the Concierge lunch is for you.

One thing that my wife did NOT like about this lunch is the fact that they made you deposit your carry-on luggage at the front of the dining room, well out-of-sight of your table. You are on a secure ship and we didn't have any problems, but I can see a very remote chance you could have something stolen.

I think it is more about having some peaceful dining instead of fighting through buffet crowds. Since this is lunch we aren't concerned about having a dozen entree choices. Keep it simple (stupid) KISS theory and we are happy to be out of the maddening crowds for a bit until our balcony is ready for us to deep breath. The beverage package helps as well :)