Ghost on the Triumph?

GeekSquad4

Hey cruisers! DH and I recently returned from a cruise on the Triumph, where I'm pretty sure I was dream-stalked by a former (late) passenger. We stayed in cabin 2344, in the belly of the ship. Overall, our experience was a good one. We had issues with the toilets not flushing on occasion and lights flickering at times, but otherwise it was a pretty good cruise (aside from rude bar staff, which I've never had before on a Carnival cruise). But, I digress... Now, I'm not normally one to claim to see ghosts or anything supernatural like that, but this kinda freaked me out. Each night of our five-day cruise, I would fall asleep and have a random dream, and every night, an elderly woman who was obviously not of this world anymore would interrupt my dream by walking across my line of sight or popping up out of nowhere, screaming. Of course, I woke up with a start most nights when this happened and it would take several minutes for me to fall asleep again. When I would fall asleep the second time, she wasn't there. Each night though, it was the same elderly lady that interrupted my dreams. She was a Caucasian lady, possibly in her 70s with curly red (dyed) hair in a short style. I've searched the internet for a possible match, but have yet to come up with anything. She was obviously in distress, and I wanted to help her, but I had no idea how to do so, especially as she scared the shiitake out of me! Finally on the last night of our cruise, I told my DH about what I'd been seeing in my dreams, and he jokingly suggested that I just needed to show her how to disembark from the ship. I laughed and said aloud something like, "Yeah! Just go to the gangway when they call for your floor number, lady!" That night, I didn't have any dreams about the old lady. She didn't interrupt my sleep once, and I haven't had such an experience since. Maybe she found her way off the ship after all? Have you guys ever experienced such a thing on a Carnival cruise (or another cruise line)? Tell me about your ghost stories.

Interesting story! I haven't had any ghost experiences while cruising. I work in a really old school though. I hate to be in there at night alone. The place gives me the creeps! Hopefully more people have stories and share :)

Very interesting experience. I have not had anything remotely similar occur on a cruise ship but as Shakespeare said, via Hamlet, "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." You just may have encountered one of those "un-dreamt of" things. ;)

Haven't seen a ghost, but once on the Ecstasy we had heard that a passenger had died in one of the cabins on the cruise before ours. When we checked in at the port, they changed our cabin without telling us why. We later found out that the cabin we were supposed to be in was the one where the passenger died ☹️

I love hearing ghost stories. We just returned from a trip to Gettysburg for a week and we stayed in a pre-civil war era house. There was a ghost in the house named Ben. In the guestbook several guests talked about him. They all said he liked shiny things. While we never saw him, we did return to the bedroom one night and my wifes ring she had put on the dresser, was in the middle of the floor. That was super cool. I have only had 1 'ghost' dream in my life. I was at my great grandparents house doing something, I don't remember. I asked my great grandpa to do something for me and he said "I would but I can't, I'm dead". That dream has stuck with me since. I woke up in a cold sweat because everything was crystal clear and so vivid. What made it weird was that he died when I was 5.

Haven't seen a ghost, but once on the Ecstasy we had heard that a passenger had died in one of the cabins on the cruise before ours. When we checked in at the port, they changed our cabin without telling us why. We later found out that the cabin we were supposed to be in was the one where the passenger died ☹️

I wonder what kind of ghosts are on the Ecstasy. Don't forget the worker who got killed by the elevator 2(?) years ago.

I've had experiences with ghosts and dreams of departed relatives including one in which my grandma told me things that I didn't know happened to her while she was in the hospital before she died (she was half way across the country). When I told my mom in the morning she said she also had a dream of her that same night and told my grandma to go check on the kids. That must have been when she came to me. We called my Aunt and she was like "Well yeah you know they did that to her". I had no idea. My other Aunt also saw her in her dream that same night. Other things have happened as well. Lots of things too numerous to talk about here. I know some people don't believe in that stuff and that's fine. All I know is what I have have seen, heard, felt, smelled, etc with my own senses.

I almost want to go book that cabin :D. My mom and I were talking about going to The Myrtles one time for vacation. She loves that stuff too. I'll be bringing my Sony camera that records in infrared so we can do some ghost hunting of our own. Or maybe we can go on the Triumph. Hope you didn't scare her off!! :cool:

I worked on The Mississippi Queen and Delta Queen. I believe both were haunted. And I certainly had several pax die over the years. Legend has it.....(go look it up....its interesting reading!) BUT....I did not know any of the legend before going to work and still thought that it was!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Forums mobile app

Aww.. That's awful! :( I wonder if s/he may be the subject of someone else's ghost story?

I love hearing ghost stories. We just returned from a trip to Gettysburg for a week and we stayed in a pre-civil war era house. There was a ghost in the house named Ben. In the guestbook several guests talked about him. They all said he liked shiny things. While we never saw him, we did return to the bedroom one night and my wifes ring she had put on the dresser, was in the middle of the floor. That was super cool. I have only had 1 'ghost' dream in my life. I was at my great grandparents house doing something, I don't remember. I asked my great grandpa to do something for me and he said "I would but I can't, I'm dead". That dream has stuck with me since. I woke up in a cold sweat because everything was crystal clear and so vivid. What made it weird was that he died when I was 5.

Oh wow. Yeah, this definitely wasn't my first dream about the deceased. I had a similar dream about my grandmother after she passed. I was nine. Talk about freaked out! I've had a couple of other random ones, but I always brush it off as my imagination getting the best of me. Who knows? :confused:

I worked on The Mississippi Queen and Delta Queen. I believe both were haunted. And I certainly had several pax die over the years. Legend has it.....(go look it up....its interesting reading!) BUT....I did not know any of the legend before going to work and still thought that it was!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Forums mobile app

I grew up in Memphis and heard all kinds of stories about those ships being haunted.

I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in the "traditional" afterlife, but I do have a "story", although it didn't happen on a cruise. When I was 22 and in nursing school, I was shadowing an RN during a hospice home visit. The patient we were visiting that day was a *very* elderly lady, confined to her hospital bed in her living room. As we stood over her doing an assessment, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the front door open, an elderly gentleman walk in and hang his hat on the coat rack before heading up the staircase. Later on I asked the nurse who the man was who came in earlier. She gave me the weirdest look and told me this lady lived alone, except for her female caregiver. She told me the lady's husband had passed away 20 years prior. To this day, I still get goosebumps when I think about it. And that was many, many years before I tried my first edible. :'):'):')

I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in the "traditional" afterlife, but I do have a "story", although it didn't happen on a cruise. When I was 22 and in nursing school, I was shadowing an RN during a hospice home visit. The patient we were visiting that day was a *very* elderly lady, confined to her hospital bed in her living room. As we stood over her doing an assessment, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the front door open, an elderly gentleman walk in and hang his hat on the coat rack before heading up the staircase. Later on I asked the nurse who the man was who came in earlier. She gave me the weirdest look and told me this lady lived alone, except for her female caregiver. She told me the lady's husband had passed away 20 years prior. To this day, I still get goosebumps when I think about it. And that was many, many years before I tried my first edible. :'):'):')

Crazy! I don't believe in an afterlife either, but our energy must go somewhere, right? Maybe "ghosts" are just an after-image burnt onto time and space? Or it could just be our minds playing tricks on us. ;p