Equinox Review-June 11, 2017-Eastern Caribbean Cruise

wavywoman

My hubby and I sailed on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to give a review since this was our first time with Celebrity. We've cruised with Carnival, RC, and Princess. Hubby and I both agree that this was one of the best cruises we've ever been on. We stayed in Miami the night before the cruise. Check in and boarding were easy for us.

Cabin-we were on Deck 7 in #7294 (w/balcony). Our cabin was spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed the space in the bathroom and the rounded shape of the shower (I didn't bump my elbows at all). There was not a lot of drawer space, but there were plenty of hangers in the closet. Our cabin attendant was wonderful. He made sure we had anything we needed. This part of the ship was very quiet. We had a fantastic view from our balcony.

Pool-we enjoyed the two outdoor pools, but tended to stay in the one closest to the bar. This pool was deeper than the other and was the unofficial adult hangout. The pool staff made sure we had drinks when we wanted them. Towels were plentiful. We enjoyed the music on the pool deck. If we got hungry, the Mast Grill was just a flight of stairs above the pool. They have great burgers, dogs, and fries. The staff vs. guests pool volleyball game was hilarious.

Main Dining Room-our waiter, Jeffery, did an outstanding job. The food was excellent. The menu changes each evening; however, there were certain items that were standard fare each day ( Cesar salad, New York strip, chicken, French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, escargot). If we didn't like something, the staff was happy to bring us something else.

Tuscany-we treated ourselves to dinner at this elegant Italian restaurant. If you decide to do this, please be prepared to stay for at least two hours. We really enjoyed the experience. After dinner, we were served Lemonciello which made for a perfect night cap.

The Martini Bar-it was really cool, and I mean that literally as the top of the bar is frozen. This was our favorite place to get a cocktail and relax. The bartenders were very entertaining , and the drunk were excellent. We met some great people here.

Excursions-we booked two through the ship (Puerto Rico-Old San Juan and New San Juan; St. Thomas-shopping). I would not recommend the tour in San Juan-the guide took us to to the fort-which was part of the tour-but we only stayed here for 35 minutes. This only allowed us to see a limited amount of the fort. The guide was not very knowledgeable (i.e. the Spanish American War was fought in 1987). The remainder of the tour consisted of a bus ride from hell; the driver took us through San Juan and pointed out various buildings that had not relevance to the history of the island. Save your money and book something different!! Hubby forgot his khaki pants, but there was ample shopping in San Juan. In St. Thomas, we took a short ferry ride over to the shopping district. We got some great deals on perfume and watches. The only negative we experienced was the constant, in-your-face tour guides and shop owners that were lining the various streets outside of the shops. We had to get rude a couple of times to get them out of our faces.

These are some of our highlights. I would like to say that the staff onboard the Equinox are awesome. We found everyone to be professional and friendly. They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. We booked our cruise for next summer while we were onboard; we got a great deal and saved a lot of money compared to booking it ourselves. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My hubby and I sailed on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to give a review since this was our first time with Celebrity. We've cruised with Carnival, RC, and Princess. Hubby and I both agree that this was one of the best cruises we've ever been on. We stayed in Miami the night before the cruise. Check in and boarding were easy for us.

Cabin-we were on Deck 7 in #7294 (w/balcony). Our cabin was spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed the space in the bathroom and the rounded shape of the shower (I didn't bump my elbows at all). There was not a lot of drawer space, but there were plenty of hangers in the closet. Our cabin attendant was wonderful. He made sure we had anything we needed. This part of the ship was very quiet. We had a fantastic view from our balcony.

Pool-we enjoyed the two outdoor pools, but tended to stay in the one closest to the bar. This pool was deeper than the other and was the unofficial adult hangout. The pool staff made sure we had drinks when we wanted them. Towels were plentiful. We enjoyed the music on the pool deck. If we got hungry, the Mast Grill was just a flight of stairs above the pool. They have great burgers, dogs, and fries. The staff vs. guests pool volleyball game was hilarious.

Main Dining Room-our waiter, Jeffery, did an outstanding job. The food was excellent. The menu changes each evening; however, there were certain items that were standard fare each day ( Cesar salad, New York strip, chicken, French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, escargot). If we didn't like something, the staff was happy to bring us something else.

Tuscany-we treated ourselves to dinner at this elegant Italian restaurant. If you decide to do this, please be prepared to stay for at least two hours. We really enjoyed the experience. After dinner, we were served Lemonciello which made for a perfect night cap.

The Martini Bar-it was really cool, and I mean that literally as the top of the bar is frozen. This was our favorite place to get a cocktail and relax. The bartenders were very entertaining , and the drunk were excellent. We met some great people here.

Excursions-we booked two through the ship (Puerto Rico-Old San Juan and New San Juan; St. Thomas-shopping). I would not recommend the tour in San Juan-the guide took us to to the fort-which was part of the tour-but we only stayed here for 35 minutes. This only allowed us to see a limited amount of the fort. The guide was not very knowledgeable (i.e. the Spanish American War was fought in 1987). The remainder of the tour consisted of a bus ride from hell; the driver took us through San Juan and pointed out various buildings that had not relevance to the history of the island. Save your money and book something different!! Hubby forgot his khaki pants, but there was ample shopping in San Juan. In St. Thomas, we took a short ferry ride over to the shopping district. We got some great deals on perfume and watches. The only negative we experienced was the constant, in-your-face tour guides and shop owners that were lining the various streets outside of the shops. We had to get rude a couple of times to get them out of our faces.

These are some of our highlights. I would like to say that the staff onboard the Equinox are awesome. We found everyone to be professional and friendly. They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. We booked our cruise for next summer while we were onboard; we got a great deal and saved a lot of money compared to booking it ourselves. Please feel free to ask any questions.

6dedf180b3458231cc8d688e749fccab.jpg183e5576c4124e2555d509101fcb1691.jpg4a8ef3872333366abaaf0e1cf0003638.jpgc396505c47af7eee9f3ea0bb133db444.jpg025f93878d9951c5afce37608af6863f.jpg

Thanks for the review. Our first ever Celebrity cruise is coming up in a few months!

We are on this cruise too. it's going to be awesome! I am also celebrating my birthday.

To the op - Thanks for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your cruise. The S class ships are gorgeous!

Thanks for the informative report. This class of ship is on our bucket list, so it's always interesting to read about it.

Go for it!! This was our first ever Celebrity cruise. It was well worth the money we spent. We got several perks when we booked it.

We will be on this ship in September - can't wait. The last time we were in San Juan we did the Segway tour. Had a fantastic time!

September will be a great time to cruise. I am a teacher, so I'm locked in by schedule as to when I can travel. After I retire in six years, I can travel whenever I want. Have fun on your cruise.

We were like you having sailed on other cruise lines before sailing on Celebrity. We knew that the cruise was going to be great as soon as we walked on and greeted by the staff handing us a glass of bubbly and then walking into the Atrium. It was on also on a S class. We were in Aqua Class and that really took it over the top for us.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We were like you having sailed on other cruise lines before sailing on Celebrity. We knew that the cruise was going to be great as soon as we walked on and greeted by the staff handing us a glass of bubbly and then walking into the Atrium. It was on also on a S class. We were in Aqua Class and that really took it over the top for us.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji274]

We booked Aqua Class for our cruise next year. We are really excited about it. If you have any tips for us or advice about Aqua class, please share. Yes, the bubbly did it for us, too.

We booked our cruise for next summer while we were onboard; we got a great deal and saved a lot of money compared to booking it ourselves. Please feel free to ask any questions.

What were they offering onboard. We have always found the fares to be the same, with the only difference being the additional OBC they offer. Thanks

Ken

What were they offering onboard. We have always found the fares to be the same, with the only difference being the additional OBC they offer. Thanks

Ken

We got all of the perks (drink package, internet, tips, and onboard credit) even though we booked Aqua class. We also got them to upgrade us to the Premium drink class. We had to be pushy, but we got what we wanted!!!

We got all of the perks (drink package, internet, tips, and onboard credit) even though we booked Aqua class. We also got them to upgrade us to the Premium drink class. We had to be pushy, but we got what we wanted!!!

Thanks for your review and glad you enjoyed your cruise!

We'll be on the Equinox end of October and will be looking to book either Med or Baltics for 2019...question for you, it sounds like you booked your next cruise with the "go best" package...was this more $$ than if you'd just booked an AQ cabin with the standard one perk or was it all included for what you could book a single perk cruise from home? Hope this is clear and you can understand what I'm asking lol!

Thanks for your review and glad you enjoyed your cruise!

We'll be on the Equinox end of October and will be looking to book either Med or Baltics for 2019...question for you, it sounds like you booked your next cruise with the "go best" package...was this more $$ than if you'd just booked an AQ cabin with the standard one perk or was it all included for what you could book a single perk cruise from home? Hope this is clear and you can understand what I'm asking lol!

You are welcome. First, I'm so jealous!!! My dream cruise is to the Greek Islands-one day!!! We didn't book our next cruise with any packages. We just kept asking for what we wanted and we got it. We had a Verandah room on our cruise two weeks ago. Basically we are paying $250 more per person for the perks of Aqua class. I hope this helps; if not, I will be happy to clarify.

You are welcome. First, I'm so jealous!!! My dream cruise is to the Greek Islands-one day!!! We didn't book our next cruise with any packages. We just kept asking for what we wanted and we got it. We had a Verandah room on our cruise two weeks ago. Basically we are paying $250 more per person for the perks of Aqua class. I hope this helps; if not, I will be happy to clarify.

This does help and thank you for the info. $250 for the "go best" package in AQ sounds like a good deal to me. Looking forward to the rest of your review!

We booked Aqua Class for our cruise next year. We are really excited about it. If you have any tips for us or advice about Aqua class, please share. Yes, the bubbly did it for us, too.

You will love it. You will get a bottle of bubbly in your room, you may have to request it for a certain day.

My wife wants me to install the shower panel with the jets that is in AQ

Breakfast in Blu and the intimate setting in the evening with a table for two is fantastic. I pay too much to be seated at a large table dining with others. I enjoy my wife's company and if I want to meet others I can do that at the bars, parties, and etc. Plus the tables are close enough to engage in a conversation if you like.

The Persian Gardens is a nice way to relax for 30 minutes, and the relaxation room is also available.

If you can book a cabin or change to one that is on the slant like 1610, 1606 and etc. The balconies are larger than the others, and offers both shade and sun. They do go fast because of that.

Be sure to read up on what the perks are for AQ, they do change so it is useless to list them. Some attendants are rather lazy or don't know. We always have a sheet that we published off of the website and many times have had to request stuff that we know we should get. Naturally there is always a excuse about why we didn't receive it but strangely it would appear. If in doubt ask the CC host, future cruise desk or Guest Relations.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Can you tell me the approximate depth of the pools?

You will love it. You will get a bottle of bubbly in your room, you may have to request it for a certain day.

My wife wants me to install the shower panel with the jets that is in AQ

Breakfast in Blu and the intimate setting in the evening with a table for two is fantastic. I pay too much to be seated at a large table dining with others. I enjoy my wife's company and if I want to meet others I can do that at the bars, parties, and etc. Plus the tables are close enough to engage in a conversation if you like.

The Persian Gardens is a nice way to relax for 30 minutes, and the relaxation room is also available.

If you can book a cabin or change to one that is on the slant like 1610, 1606 and etc. The balconies are larger than the others, and offers both shade and sun. They do go fast because of that.

Be sure to read up on what the perks are for AQ, they do change so it is useless to list them. Some attendants are rather lazy or don't know. We always have a sheet that we published off of the website and many times have had to request stuff that we know we should get. Naturally there is always a excuse about why we didn't receive it but strangely it would appear. If in doubt ask the CC host, future cruise desk or Guest Relations.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji274]

Our cabin is on a slant, and we have the extended balcony. Thanks for your helpful information. We can't wait to try Blu. We heard that it is fantastic. I can't wait to use the Persian Gardens, too.

I agree with you about intimate dining. I enjoy my husband's company. We met plenty of people at the various bars and the pool. We were never short on conversation.