Flight times

whippetlover1212

Hi , we are travelling on Costa Luminosa on Aug 12-19....on the 19th we dock at 8 am....is a 1:45pm flight home doable? This is my first time in venice and first time on a cruise actually......thanks for any advice! Also what would be the easiest way to get from the cruise dock to the airport? Jill

The easiest, but not the cheapest, is by taxi. Other options involve walking a considerable distance (same getting to the ship on the 12th).

Expect a mob scene if you try to be first off. If you are a non-EU citizen you will have to pickup your passport anyway. If I recall correctly I was off the ship within three hours and I was remaining overnight in Mestre, I was in no rush to get to the hotel..

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Costa has a shuttle bus to Marco Polo Airport, leaves the port at 11:30 arrives at the airport at 12:30 and costs €19.00 per person.

Also to bare in mind is how many other ships could be disembarking passengers on the same day:

M/S AIDAblu - 2192

GTS Celebrity Constellation - 2038

M/S Costa Luminosa - 2260

MSC Poesia - 2250

MSC Sinfonia - 2579

M/S Rhapsody of the Seas - 19M/S

Seabourn Encore - 604 M/S Seabourn Odyssey - 450

8 Ships with 14371 passengers.t.gift.gift.gift.gift.gif

With an ID of Whippet I assume you are English, so flying inter European, is doable for you.

If flying intercontinental you should be there at least 2 hours before the flight.

Learn the layout of the airport terminal as to where you have to checkin and go through security, load it onto a smart phone or tablet.

Go through your hand luggage and pockets while on the ship so that there willl be no bad surprises at the airport security, also have your tickets and passports always to hand. Nothing like looking for your passsaport to get one into a flap.

Have a great cruise.