Reveal?

deliver42

Yup...see Edge thread... sure is strange..

Botanical garden, snake, apple....

Too bad they have messed up my final invoice twice already! Pribably busy with the big reveal.... Get it together X..all those brochures from competitors are starting to look good!

Celebrity strikes again. The much ballyhood reveal is a sick joke. Only thing showing is a snake and an apple. No voice, no nothing

The presentation is currently on Facebook Live, and the video is working fine on my PC.

I found the reveal on FB after looking for it, along with Eden. The ship looks beautiful, but I just can't justify over $1000.00 price difference from the Equinox. I'm talking Concierge on the Equinox to Infinity balcony on the Edge. That's plus taxes and fees on the Edge, and not counting the Ins, pre paid grats, $300.00 OBC, and Classic drink pkg, that I have on the Equinox. I didn't bother to total up the difference, but I believe it will be in the $1500.00 range.

All I got on FB Live was a confusing 30 second video hinting at Eden. My You Tube notification let me know of the over 7 minute video waiting for me explaining what the 30 second video meant.

Thanks for posting

Wow...really out there stuff..The snake intro was truly repulsive.

Not liking this space very much...I am fearful of heights.. do not like all those open ramps and hope not to fall walking on stairs such as those shown. Do not care to eat sea urchin. Hate when entertainers touch guests. That's a tried and failed concept on X already when they had the nightclub draped in sheets and rags with prowling... creatures,..some years ago...

But we are booked so I am hoping there are regular places to dine like BLU, a really nice spa and pools...not much else needed to make most cruisers happy.

Thanks for posting this

Wow...really out there stuff..The snake intro was truly repulsive.

Not liking this space very much...I am fearful of heights.. do not like all those open ramps and hope not to fall walking on stairs such as those shown. Do not care to eat sea urchin. Hate when entertainers touch guests. That's a tried and failed concept on X already when they had the nightclub draped in sheets and rags with prowling... creatures,..some years ago...

But we are booked so I am hoping there are regular places to dine like BLU, a really nice spa and pools...not much else needed to make most cruisers happy.

No thanks, I think they've lost their minds. Everyone hated the interactive concept of people slithering around in your space while having cocktails in the lounge the first time they tried it. Now we'll have to put up with it while having dinner? I enjoy looking at the sea and speaking with my dinner companions. Someone has gotten carried away with delusions of "Modern Luxury". I've seen them try it with mermaids in the pool at night and dancers on the helipad at sail away and most people just feel sorry for the performers. Entertainment is usually much better at a bit of a distance so one can get the whole picture, not in your face.

I get the concept but don't find it sustainable after a first curious look for most people.

No thanks, I think they've lost their minds. Everyone hated the interactive concept of people slithering around in your space while having cocktails in the lounge the first time they tried it. Now we'll have to put up with it while having dinner? I enjoy looking at the sea and speaking with my dinner companions. Someone has gotten carried away with delusions of "Modern Luxury". I've seen them try it with mermaids in the pool at night and dancers on the helipad at sail away and most people just feel sorry for the performers. Entertainment is usually much better at a bit of a distance so one can get the whole picture, not in your face.

I get the concept but don't find it sustainable after a first curious look for most people.

In my former professional life, the company recruited a new CEO who was associated with "edgy" entertainment at a major network. All of the executives were invited to a party introducing him. First we arrived at a nondescript doorway inside a brick industrial like building. Tiny closet size foyer with only an elevator door. Take the elevator t the top and it opened into a dark undeveloped loft space that was cavernous. In one space (blocked off by hanging sheets) there was a ladder with a hose spirting water from the top down into a blown up kiddie pool. Adjacent to that was a woman, obviously standing on an elevated platform 12 feet up, with a fabric draped over it to look like a giant skirt. She was heavily made up, with a huge wig of piled up hair,,,and there she stood swaying. That's it...a giant person just swaying. The bathrooms had edge to edge graffiti painted on the walls and were lit in black light. Really old stalls and urinals (single sex). Meanwhile there were servers in tuxes circulating canapes and two bars with drinks. This was about 20 years ago. Weirdest event (and most ridiculous) I have ever been to. I still don;t "get" performance art. This "reveal" is more sophisticated and polished for sure, but really comes close to being weird in many respects (very esoteric) and totally out of touch with Celebrity's current customer base. If they are really trying to change their image to attract a different base, I don't think they have done it right or done it well. It's half-assed. You can't have it all ways. If you want change, then you have to take the risk and go all in. If not, then you fail and run the risk of merely alienating your current base. And....the whole snake and apple thing was just poorly conceived. I am not offended, but many people will be.

Waited for over 10 minutes for the "reveal" to being. Facebook then posted "start time for live feed has past" and video shut down. Still don't know what the reveal was. Now I have the "opportunity" to get up at 4am tomorrow for a live webinar.....think I will probably pass. Would have loved to have seen what they are revealing now.

You posted this an hour before the reveal.....

:eek:So not impressed !!!. Perhaps X should put some of the money they spend on stupid snakes and apple videos to fix the website first..... I just don't get how the video would get anyone interested in cruising at all. . We think X has Lost the concept of cruising totally. The Edge seems more like a museum experience rather than a wonderful voyage. Count us out... One more reason to look at other choices in cruising .I know you can't make all of the people happy all of the time, but this just seems like way over the Edge..

luvstosail

Boston Ma

Waited for over 10 minutes for the "reveal" to being. Facebook then posted "start time for live feed has past" and video shut down. Still don't know what the reveal was. Now I have the "opportunity" to get up at 4am tomorrow for a live webinar.....think I will probably pass. Would have loved to have seen what they are revealing now.

Here it is.

If I thought Celebrity was going in a direction not designed to attract me then this "reveal" proves it. We just got off a 10 night Med cruise in the Reflection Suite, using the experience with friends (who don't really know Celebrity) to decide if we wanted to stay with Celebrity. This shows the answer is no.

I searched around for about 10 minutes and finally found it on a Celebrity site. Don't ask me how but I found it. About have way through it II was completely bored and lost interest. The lay out and windows look almost like the venue on Anthem of the Seas. What it tells me is it will be another Spec. dinning venue at night with a surcharge. I can't understand the way they are rolling out this whole promotion ? Bob

Do not waste your time it will be a Q & A with two of the designers of the room !

No thanks, I think they've lost their minds. Everyone hated the interactive concept of people slithering around in your space while having cocktails in the lounge the first time they tried it.

Not sure you can say "everyone" hated it, we and others thought it was great fun.

The whole Eden, snake, apple and sin thing for sure was really odd and I think it will offend many people.

Not sure you can say "everyone" hated it, we and others thought it was great fun.

The whole Eden, snake, apple and sin thing for sure was really odd and I think it will offend many people.

Yes, that's true. Been on lots of Celebrity cruises for many years andI never spoke to anyone who liked it but obviously some did.

Hi Everyone,

Watched this evening's Edge reveal on Facebook. I posted my thoughts earlier tonight, but thought it might be of interest on this thread.

================================

Hi Everyone,

Gotta say, I was underwhelmed with this evening's presentation. I think Eden might be OK, but it looks like a re-working of the Two70 venue on the Royal Caribbean ships. Only thing is, Eden looks far more "out there". From the video - I noticed lots of steps, ramps, heard about waiters climbing on ladders to get ingredients to prepare drinks, and - about a venue at Eden that will be serving Sea Urchin - none of which appealed to me.

BTW, doesn't ANYONE involved in this project, realize that lots of steps with few handrails is never a good idea for a cruise ship ? Will there be 1 or more elevators for those who are challenged with steps ? I sure hope so !

I figured that Celebrity was going to push the envelope with Edge... but I wonder if they're pushing too hard. I'm still excited about what's ahead, and, our Edge sailings - though I am slightly apprehensive now.

Let's hope that future Edge reveals will be more interesting/appealing than what was presented tonight.

Do not waste your time it will be a Q & A with two of the designers of the room !

I'm surprised they didn't take at least a few questions from the FB audience. Why bother having interactivity ? So I could watch FB members saying "hi" to each other ??? At one point, there were over 600 folks watching. IMO, they had an excellent opportunity right in front of them, and missed it.