Carnival Pride

is it true that there are no tablecloths in the main dining room on Carnival Pride. We have a August sailing

I think this is true for all Carnival ships now. They were rolling out the new American Table fleetwide. I dislike it immensely [emoji35]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

"American Table" is a cheap marketing ploy to disguise the fact that they downgraded service further, to lower costs.

Being an optimist, I like to look at it this way - now the table presentation more closely matches the quality of food, like "Select" beef instead of Choice.

The name is fitting, since one of our biggest exports is McDonald's.

I think this is true for all Carnival ships now. They were rolling out the new American Table fleetwide. I dislike it immensely [emoji35]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

At this point there are only two real choices- accept it or move on to a different line.

"American Table" is a cheap marketing ploy to disguise the fact that they downgraded service further, to lower costs.

Being an optimist, I like to look at it this way - now the table presentation more closely matches the quality of food, like "Select" beef instead of Choice.

The name is fitting, since one of our biggest exports is McDonald's.

I noted no decline in service and the only real difference were less selections on the menu (and the food was of an acceptable quality). I cannot recall the last time I ate in a restaurant that had table clothes, even more upscale establishments.

Yes - you'll have tablecloths 2 out of 7 nights (the 2 American Feast nights). We did the 7 night Pride cruise last August (and July).

Below are the threads I had from those - one has the menus and funtimes and the other is just my thoughts.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2380510

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2395980

At this point there are only two real choices- accept it or move on to a different line.

I noted no decline in service and the only real difference were less selections on the menu (and the food was of an acceptable quality). I cannot recall the last time I ate in a restaurant that had table clothes, even more upscale establishments.

I have already made my choice. I'm not only moving on, I'm moving up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't understand the tablecloth issue, we have been in a number of high end restaurants that don't use tablecloths.

All of the high end restaurants I eat at have tablecloths. I dislike the whole American table. The food is not as good as it used to be.

All of the high end restaurants I eat at have tablecloths. I dislike the whole American table. The food is not as good as it used to be.

It's all subjective. We found the food on Fascination to be as good as if not a bit better than what we had on Pride pre-AT (and also as good as if not better than what we'd had on NCL). Service was very good also.

I hate when I click on a thread that has only a ships name title only to find out its just another tired old tablecloth thread. lol :p:cool:

If you had hovered your cursor over the subject line (if you are using a PC) you would have read "is it true there are no tablecloths..." and then you wouldn't have had to click on the thread.;)

If you had hovered your cursor over the subject line (if you are using a PC) you would have read "is it true there are no tablecloths..." and then you wouldn't have had to click on the thread.;)

I was on the S6 Edge lol :') FWIW though, I care not even in the very least whether there are tablecloths or not ;) I certainly could never see myself changing cruise lines over something so trivial. The grass isnt always greener over there on the other side.

I was on the S6 Edge lol :') FWIW though, I care not even in the very least whether there are tablecloths or not ;) I certainly could never see myself changing cruise lines over something so trivial. The grass isnt always greener over there on the other side.

Oh yeah - the grass is MUCH greener and there are tablecloths as well as a lot of other wonderful things!

Oh yeah - the grass is MUCH greener and there are tablecloths as well as a lot of other wonderful things!

On what are you basing your opinion? I have read many reviews etc. and while there might be some minor differences between the mainstream lines they are all more alike than they are different and I'm not going to pay substantially more for "more alike".

Wow who knew a white table cloth was so important? Tablecloths are nothing more than germ catchers. There is an issue if a lack of a tablecloth bothers some who have issues with dressing for dinner and wearing real shoes!

Wow who knew a white table cloth was so important? Tablecloths are nothing more than germ catchers. There is an issue if a lack of a tablecloth bothers some who have issues with dressing for dinner and wearing real shoes!

I agree. It was a cost saving measure that makes sense.