Seaside S2 Suite Front Wrap

mustang1969

We just booked cabin 9002 which is a front wrap and has a large balcony. What is everybody opinion of this cabin? We are hoping the balcony is really as large as it is advertised 409 square feet and the cabin is 296.. We really cannot find any pictures that we can determine how wide it is..We enjoy having lounger on our deck and we cannot tell how wide it is. Thanks☺

We just booked cabin 9002 which is a front wrap and has a large balcony. What is everybody opinion of this cabin? We are hoping the balcony is really as large as it is advertised 409 square feet and the cabin is 296.. We really cannot find any pictures that we can determine how wide it is..We enjoy having lounger on our deck and we cannot tell how wide it is. Thanks☺

We have 9003 booked for our cruise and I'm really interested in finding out what the balcony and cabin are actually like. I'm hoping it is a nice wrap around deck. Based on the deck plans the suite looks like it should be considerably large and I'm curious to know if the front port holes are part of 9002/9003 or if they are 9001.

If you look at eroller's pictures of the ship model from the Interior renderings thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225747&page=44 you can see the balcony is very large and has a forward facing porthole. I would bet there will be a separate living area and bedroom. My worries about the cabin are 1)The positioning of the divider on the model looks like it may not allow access to the forward facing part of the balcony, which if true would disagree with stated size, 2) It looks like it is above the crew dining or recreation area and 3) The view from the forward balcony will be obstructed by the bow of the ship. I still find it a very interesting cabin and look forward to seeing pictures and reading reviews.

According to cruise deck plans whose info comes from MSC, 9002/3 are 178 sq feet with an 80 sq feet balcony. It is currently shown as just one room.

I agree with Ate, that unless the balcony divider is open there would be no access to the forward part of the deck.

Check out this drone video which shows the Port Hole higher than the bow, the side is not so clear as to balcony size but appears to be the same as the Bella cabins alongside.

sidari, I'm not sure where Cruise Deck Plans got those numbers from. I thought maybe they just used the dimensions of a normal Fantastica Suite, the ones next to the Whirlpool Tub Suites, but those are 215sqft cabin and 80sqft balcony. On the US MSC site they currently show the dimensions that the OP stated for those two forward Fantastica Suites, indicating the full balcony would be available and the cabin large enough to put a divider between the bedroom and living area, like in the now one bedroom Grand Suites. I agree the porthole level is just above the bow level. What I meant is that the high positioning due to the solid forward lower balcony rail will only allow only a somewhat upward view from sitting inside the cabin and when on the balcony a forward view below the horizon will be difficult. Additionally, the ship model shows the side balcony to have a solid lower half railing and then the rearward part of the bow a few feet out will obstruct any possible downward view. Despite these "flaws" I still find them an interesting cabin and pending reviews about noise from below would consider booking one as an alternative to the One Bedroom Grand Suites as they are about $750pp/pw cheaper.

The UK site only shows a generic size for Suites as 28 to 33 sq metres or 301 to 355 sq feet, it does not say which Suites the sizes relate to.

The Suite with Whirlpool bath is given as 35 sq metres / 376 sq feet.

As for the GS it says that

• A small number of cabins offer one double bed, two single beds and two bathrooms.
  • Again a generic size of 58 sq metres is given.