Help with MSC customer service

AZbeachboy

Although my wife and I have been on 15 cruises, this will be our first on MSC. We are looking forward to the cruise and I look forward to the experience. However, both the web site and customer service by phone is a bit ridiculous. I have had different answers from different agents because their communication skills are lacking I seems you have to work hard to answers out. Trying to find things on their web site or get current up to date invoices has been difficult even by requesting them on the site.

My question is, Does anyone have in hints while working with MSC to make sure things are attributed to you account properly, I want to prepay for excursions and a few other things, but cannot be assured it will be on my account. Thanks for any help.

I prepaid for a number of things without a problem. I did mess up and double booked a couple of things but called their customer service and they corrected my mistake. I would keep copies of whatever you do on the website or notes when you speak with someone. I found working with them to be a very positive experience with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although my wife and I have been on 15 cruises, this will be our first on MSC. We are looking forward to the cruise and I look forward to the experience. However, both the web site and customer service by phone is a bit ridiculous. I have had different answers from different agents because their communication skills are lacking I seems you have to work hard to answers out. Trying to find things on their web site or get current up to date invoices has been difficult even by requesting them on the site.

My question is, Does anyone have in hints while working with MSC to make sure things are attributed to you account properly, I want to prepay for excursions and a few other things, but cannot be assured it will be on my account. Thanks for any help.

Be sure to print all your paperwork before cruising!

I like how their confirmation emails say SUCCESS when you finally get something booked and paid for after fighting with their website. I love the cruise once we're onboard, but the website leaves a lot to be desired!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't even access one of my cruises under bookings but was able (website) to "enhance" (I believe that was the term) it --purchase extras for the cruise. That SUCCESS email was interesting since so much on the website is not a success. FWIW, at the time I purchased extras, I had not even received my booking/invoice papers from a phone call booking.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I can't even access one of my cruises under bookings but was able (website) to "enhance" (I believe that was the term) it --purchase extras for the cruise. That SUCCESS email was interesting since so much on the website is not a success. FWIW, at the time I purchased extras, I had not even received my booking/invoice papers from a phone call booking.

did you book from TA? If not just call them and book what you need ,then it will be affected on your booking and you can print it any time.

What invoices? they don't have any invoices, you can just print your invoice from booking if you book from MSC if from TA ask them to do so.

did you book from TA? If not just call them and book what you need ,then it will be affected on your booking and you can print it any time.

I booked directly with MSC in Ft. Lauderdale. As I noted, I have no problem getting (applying) the add-ons through the web site. It's a matter that one of two cruises is never accessible under bookings. This is what I get:

Unsupported booking

Due to a technical issue, it is not currently possiblt [sic] to view this booking online. For further information about your reservation, you can contact us directly at 1-877-665-4655. We apologize for the inconvenience.

My MSC agent is aware of this. The booking does show up in the MSC app. The map is wrong, but the itinerary is correct. It's just a poorly coded web experience.

Pray and have everything in writing. Seriously. Set aside time each day to argue with their guest relations each day over trivial items which should be easy fixes. Its great value at MSC but I think of it like going through the drive through at Taco Bell. You'll get something similar to what you thought you paid for but just messed up enough to make you frustrated. Then you settle for whatever you get because it's cheap

I'D like to make something clear about my conversations with agents. It was not a language barrier as the spoke English. It was their listening skills. My first agent was so focused on selling me a specific plan and cabin he did not listen. I was asking for rear view cabin in the fantastica. He keep trying to put us in a balcony on the side. I was looking at the floor plan and it did not make sense. The rear view balconies on 13 when he thought I should be are not fantastica's. I could not get him to understand that. When I called another agent we looked at the same thing but keep giving me the same answers, she said she could not see rear facing cabins in 13. When I told her to look at the floor plans on the web site she said the web site had to be wrong and that they had been having trouble with the web site. I told her I was not interested in Deck 13 because the buffet was above and she said that it wasn't that it had cabins above and below. Not true.

The third person I got ahold of after I called back and ask for a supervisor was able to give correct answers. She was not a supervisor but a lead agent. That's ok. I got it taken care of. I have to say they all tried to be helpful and were courteous, but they just did not listen to what I was saying. I have a number of messages for the third agent to call me, but never returns my calls. I am not angry, just trying to learn how to work with their system and get the correct answers.

I, too, have been struggling with their customer service. While everyone I have spoken with has been courteous and accommodating and articulate, follow through is difficult.

I have spoken to 4 different people about the same issue, 2 of whom gave me 2 different email addresses, to try to book our transfers for our August 5th sailing. The first person told me to email one email address (after suggesting I take an UBER). No reply so a few days later I call back to the toll free number (as the rep was not responding to his direct number). Agent #2 tells me that the email Agent #1 gave me is incorrect and gives me another email address. I wait longer than the 72 advised hours to hear a reply. Call back and Agent #2 also does not respond at his number. On to Agent #3 who tells me to send the information directly to his email and he will call me back within 48 hrs. (I am still awaiting that call.) Finally I get Agent #4. She tells me there is no record of any request in their system and asks me to send it directly to her. She emails air department and cc's me.Then she replies she will call me back in 48 hrs. Nope. I try calling her back and she is off. Everyone is entitled to days off so I just leave a message.

Today I get a message from her saying she will check on it again Monday because she did not receive an email. I check my account and the charge is there. I check my email and an email arrived yesterday afternoon. So I paid for it and printed my documentation.

Every agent told me their website is under construction. I know any time I check things, I cross my fingers that it will be there/ok. (Very hard for a TYPE A like me.)

We have encountered the same thing through the status match process. I have submitted 2 times for my husband and once for me. IF I call MSC, they say they have no record and for me to resubmit.

I am trying really hard to be patient because I want to start my vacation at ease with all my ducks in a row :-)

Pray and have everything in writing. Seriously. Set aside time each day to argue with their guest relations each day over trivial items which should be easy fixes. Its great value at MSC but I think of it like going through the drive through at Taco Bell. You'll get something similar to what you thought you paid for but just messed up enough to make you frustrated. Then you settle for whatever you get because it's cheap

This. Seriously. If you're "lucky" they'll screw up on the embarkation day and then if you attend the Cruise Critic Meet'n'Greet, you have half a chance of finding the Manager and getting her to fix it, but it will still take a few additional days even then.

One of the reasons we won't be cruising with MSC any time soon until their customer service and lack of consistency is fixed (but looks like it's still an issue even 6 months after our last cruise with them). Too bad, really. Price is good, internet is good, drink pricing very good.

We had another problem today. I was in the Voyager club site registering my wife and I noticed they had changed my cabin location. I was surprised. They told me I had changed it last week on the internet, that maybe I accidently pushed the wrong thing. Not True. I called back to talk to It and the agent told me that that was impossible. You cannot change cabins on the web site.

He said the web site was in dire straights and you cannot even get on your site by getting a new password if someone has my information they can get into your account just by knowing your name and booking number. That is the right side of the booking page.

They did find me another rear facing balcony cabin, but I am a little gun shy and will continue to be over the until we leave in September.

The other issue is that the first agent today did not email my new cabin booking, but Peter the second on did right away and I had it before we got off the phone. Again no consistency.