Sunshine.. How are deck 5 ov and deck 3 4j obstructed cabins sold out 2 years out?

AmberTeka

I have spent some time going through Carnival Booking engines checking for those cabins

1. Port Canaveral 3 hour drive

2. We need a minifridge for meds

3. Even most balconies on Sunshine do not have minifridge and they cost the earth

So.......how can those cabins ALWAYS be Sold out? Even in "off" seasons?

Do they have an occupancy limit? Like must go to families or groups of three or for? They have sofas which can be a bed.

Do Large TA groups buy them up?

I can see holidays. Summer. ........but even for 2019......all gone?

Do you have to book Fun Select to get one? With the New Booking system, I am lucky to get any cabin to come up.....

Thank you for anyone who knows the answer. Or what I am doing wrong.

I can't answer for those specific cabins, but I do know this....not all available cabins show up on the Carnival website when you're trying to book. We found a cabin we thought would suit, then called a Carnival rep. She offered us a different cabin that was closer to our desired area, that wasn't showing as available when we looked. So, it would be in your best interest to call and speak to a live person!

You can ask for a fridge for meds, we had to do it a couple times for DS when he was younger and meds needed to be kept cold. FYI...if you can get an OV on Sunshine they are large being 220 sq ft as opposed to the normal 185 sq ft. Try calling CCL to see if they have some cabins that are not showing and also ask for a fridge and see what they can do. Good Luck!

The 4j cabins typically require an occupancy booking of 4. I have seen that they will open up to double occupancy around 30 days before sail. If you do a mock booking for 4, you will get your answer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You could also try for an aft balcony on deck 5 - they are also newer added and have fridges.

Mpcaruth is correct - it's the occupancy restriction that stops them from coming up - they only appear when you put in 4 people.

Thank you all for that information. I will try every thing suggested.

I know there are threads running on the New Booking system, but it has defeated me so far. I cannot even find where different rates are offered. I don't see edits where I am supposed to edit.

We have 17 cruises on Carnival. I never had a problem with their boards in the past. For the life of me.............I do not understand how Carnival thinks with holding cabins or decks with all available cabins helps them.

As we live in Florida. Retired. Husband is a vet. Past Guests on every Main stream cruise company. We can drive to all ports in 6 hours. Tampa and Cape Canaveral 3 hour drive. JAX port, less than an hour. Husband is Florida Native. I came to Florida in 1968 to teach school. Who knew it would work out so well if you like cruising as we do?

SO......I had decided to go for my 25th on Carnival. Just book them. We have two booked, one sailing in a few weeks, the Other In. But this not being able to find a cabin or even get the deck I want CLOSING off Choice to Computer Dummies like me...............not working out well.

If a cabin is not booked, WHY do long time customers, who have dropped money on Carnival for years, and will until we have passed beyond being able to walk up the gangway........

.WHY don't they not have a PERK that they can get those cabins?

Rent it to a family of four, who discover they Like RCI or camping better..Never return. Or someone with a long track record of booking Carnival. Princess. HAL.??????

If I sound petty...........trying to make sense out of the New System gets me to not being a happy cruiser. Which is rare for me. NEVER had a cruise I did not enjoy. NEVER. I had 2 Booking Cruise Lines I was very happy with........Princess and Carnival. Now I am down to Princess. So they are going to change their system? Count on it. My luck runs that way with cruises it seems.

Thank you all again. I am irked with Carnival And I am one of their biggest cheerleaders. Write reviews on All Cruises we take. And as we NEVER had a bad one, they are all Good Reviews.

Edited by AmberTeka

If I sound petty...........trying to make sense out of the New System gets me to not being a happy cruiser. Which is rare for me. NEVER had a cruise I did not enjoy. NEVER.

Now, now, you're not a fan of the terminals from time to time. This isn't the first time you've been irked with Carnival and threatened to pull up anchor.

Anyway, you know full well what Carnival offers their platinum/diamond cruisers and what they don't. You've known that for a long time.

Regardless of your level you can't simply log onto Carnival.com and pick any room you want. It can't be done. It wasn't that way before either.

Try calling. Maybe get a PVP? There's a solution out there but it'll take a little work.

Unless you are searching with an occupancy of 4, those cabins will not show up. Every cabin on deck 5 aft and deck 3 forward is a triple or quad. We did manage to get an oceanview on deck 5 as a double, but it took waiting for months for them to relax the occupancy restrictions, which they did about 5 months out. This was for a summer sailing, so they will do that even during peak season.

Great cabins btw. I hope you can grab one.

Get a pvp. I do my research pick a ship and itinerary and date we want. Then look at the ships deck plans to see which cabin I want and call my pvp. She books it for me. Very easy with out the frustration of booking on line.

Get a pvp. I do my research pick a ship and itinerary and date we want. Then look at the ships deck plans to see which cabin I want and call my pvp. She books it for me. Very easy with out the frustration of booking on line.

How do you see all of the for sale Cabins? How do you Decks? The Old system had several available cabins on different decks.

I have yet to even get to where I see an entire deck.

And on other ships........not an issue. I wish MAGIC and then the BREEZE when it comes to P.C. had the 8 day cruises. But they don't. The Sunshine seems to have them all.

The CEO of RCI was on Fox Business this morning. He said Cruising is geared to Young families. That it is not an "old People" Thing anything.

Others may flame me, but I thought that was an extraordinarily stupid thing to say.

I suspect if "old people" did really go away, find someone favorite vacation mode......Cruising would be in deep doo doo.

There are only about 12 4J cabins. And they are gone as soon as the booking opens for that sailing. I lucked up on a 6J on my up coming cruise. I booked it 8 months before sailing. You have to just keep calling or doing a mock booking to see if one opens up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh and I found 4J cabins with just 2 person booking.

You give me hope. Thanks. Maybe if I ever start doing the right things to see what Other people are seeing on New Booking Engine for Carnival, it will get better.

Oh and I found 4J cabins with just 2 person booking.

The Sunshine has plenty of double 4Js on the higher decks. Just not the newer, nicer ones on deck 3. Those are all triples and quads.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk