More cruises have disappeared 2018?

ladylemondrop

Would hope not it is for 2018...would be pretty early to be sold out?

Not in the least bit. I just barely got a cabin on the Summit for next year and friends whom I told to go ahead and book, then cancel if desired, are on wait-list now for same sailing.

I think they will get on, but not now.

Good luck and bon voyage

I noticed that there is a 5 day cruise on the Reflection showing as "Sold Out" on another cruise website. This would be the cruise right before the cruise you are interested in on the 20th. I find a 5 day cruise odd because the Reflection usually alternates 10 and 11 day cruises in the Med. I would suspect the 5 day cruise is a charter and the fact that Celebrity isn't showing the August 20th cruise (although this other website is still showing it and doesn't indicate Sold Out like on the 5 day cruise preceding it) possibly means they could be looking to charter that cruise too. Only time will tell.

I think you may be right then! Goodness, I better be a bit quicker next time! :loudcry:

It does not hurt to place a hold, then cancel. If chartered, you will have enough time for a backup choice when offered.

bon voyage

I noticed that there is a 5 day cruise on the Reflection showing as "Sold Out" on another cruise website. This would be the cruise right before the cruise you are interested in on the 20th. I find a 5 day cruise odd because the Reflection usually alternates 10 and 11 day cruises in the Med. I would suspect the 5 day cruise is a charter and the fact that Celebrity isn't showing the August 20th cruise (although this other website is still showing it and doesn't indicate Sold Out like on the 5 day cruise preceding it) possibly means they could be looking to charter that cruise too. Only time will tell.

They chartered half of a ten day cruise. Looks as if they are doing the same for the second half. d2e454646e0bfbbd597a353757185b78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just spoken to someone at Celebrity and looks like they are both dates (15th august and 20th august) possibly chartered am gutted. :(

We are so restricted on travel dates I might have to cruise on another cruise line (noooooooo!)

Edited by louise1809

Just spoken to someone at Celebrity and looks like they are both dates (15th august and 20th august) possibly chartered am gutted. :(

We are so restricted on travel dates I might have to cruise on another cruise line (noooooooo!)

Sorry to hear this. Hope you find a cruise you like that fits your timing. We are booked on a Western Med cruise on September 15 on the Eclipse out of Barcelona. A very nice itinerary. Definitely fewer Celebrity cruises in the Med now that the Equinox is in the Caribbean. We would like to try Viking, but they sail the Med mostly in late fall and winter :o

We were on the original Reflection cruise and were told that it had been cancelled. Have now booked a fab Greek island cruise from Venice on the 20th on the Constellation and are more than happy. Check it out and come and join us :-)

Do you remember me saying a couple of months back when you mentioned the shortened cruise that it wouldn't surprise me if it was chartered? It happens most years for a Med sailing; used to be Equinox every year before they redeployed her to the Caribbean - the cruises were there one minute and off the website the next ;).

Presto, you'll love that itinerary ;).

We're booked on the Eclipse on Sept 23, 2018 for the Italy and Greek Isles cruise. Even though there is an over abundance of cabins available, the rates have gone up drastically. An inside cabin now costs more than we had paid for a 1A veranda when we booked last December. After having multiple cruises pulled or cancelled on us recently, my first thought is that for some reason they don't want to sell cabins on this cruise. Originally we were booked for this same itinerary on the Equinox this October before they put her in the Caribbean. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I really hope we'll get to go this time.

We're booked on the Eclipse on Sept 23, 2018 for the Italy and Greek Isles cruise. Even though there is an over abundance of cabins available, the rates have gone up drastically. An inside cabin now costs more than we had paid for a 1A veranda when we booked last December. After having multiple cruises pulled or cancelled on us recently, my first thought is that for some reason they don't want to sell cabins on this cruise. Originally we were booked for this same itinerary on the Equinox this October before they put her in the Caribbean. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I really hope we'll get to go this time.

We're booked on the Eclipse the cruise right before you. Sure hope these itineraries stay!

• 2 weeks later...
I have never heard of them chartering a portion of a cruise(splitting it up into 2 shorter cruises)...is that normal?

Royal Caribbean did it with one of our cruises. Should have been a 12 night and they chartered off 4 days of it, cutting it to a 8 night cruise with changed itinerary Since they're part of the same group I would think it's quite possible.