February 2018 Mexico recommendations

Mrmas

Looking to book a cruise to Mexico for February 2018 during President week. Prefer Celebrity, Norweigan or Royal Carribean leaving out of Florida or New Orleans. Looking for 4-5 Days.

It's myself, my better half, my 20 yo daughter and 16 y.o. son. I would appreciate any suggestions. Pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mr Mas.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Couple of things to consider for you...what is your budget? Are you trying to go economical or no expense spared? Have you cruised before? Did you enjoy the cruise line you cruised before? Where do you want to go? What type of activities does your group enjoy? Be aware, you have asked a question that is about like asking what it the best flavor of ice cream and you will get lots of opinions from folks who know nothing about you or your likes and dislikes. Not being snarky, just trying to focus your thinking more around what you like and dislike rather than relying on 80 different opinions of what you like! :eek: Hoping you find just the right cruise and have a great time!

Couple of things to consider for you...what is your budget? Are you trying to go economical or no expense spared? Have you cruised before? Did you enjoy the cruise line you cruised before? Where do you want to go? What type of activities does your group enjoy? Be aware, you have asked a question that is about like asking what it the best flavor of ice cream and you will get lots of opinions from folks who know nothing about you or your likes and dislikes. Not being snarky, just trying to focus your thinking more around what you like and dislike rather than relying on 80 different opinions of what you like! :eek: Hoping you find just the right cruise and have a great time!

Thanks for the input. Yes we've cruised before with the lines I mentioned and also Carnival. Our budget is pretty open. We've bought balcony cabins on the last several cruises and bought all available perks. When I vacation I don't want to worry about grabbing a Pepsi or a single malt scotch and worrying about a large bill at the end of the cruise.

We love celebrity and just recently went to Bermuda last month with my wife sans the kids. We also like Norwegian and have sailed with them to the Bahamas and Bermuda in the past with the kids We found Norwegian to be more family oriented ships with slides, climbing walls and tons of other activities for kids. Celebrity is more upscale and caters to the 40 and older professional crowd.

Mexico is on our bucket list and we have been thinking about cruising to cancun out of Florida or just flying and staying at an all inclusive resort in Cabo. We are sightseers and beach goers.

If we cruise which is more likely to happen, we want a ship that has stuff to keep the 16 yo busy and allows us all to enjoy various activities. Hope this info helps.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have the experience to know what the various cruise lines offer in the way of entertainment for you and your family. Based on the 16yo, it seems like maybe NCL would offer more things that would be favorable. We have not sailed RCCL but I do see lots of positive posts from family cruisers who say there is no shortage of entertainment! I checked one website to confirm something about your desire to cruise to Cancun. Cancun is not listed as a port-of-call any more. You can get there via ferry from several of the other Mexican ports, but not port there. I believe if you grab a dram of single malt and relax a bit, your cruise choice will be much easier! ;)

Sounds like you have the experience to know what the various cruise lines offer in the way of entertainment for you and your family. Based on the 16yo, it seems like maybe NCL would offer more things that would be favorable. We have not sailed RCCL but I do see lots of positive posts from family cruisers who say there is no shortage of entertainment! I checked one website to confirm something about your desire to cruise to Cancun. Cancun is not listed as a port-of-call any more. You can get there via ferry from several of the other Mexican ports, but not port there. I believe if you grab a dram of single malt and relax a bit, your cruise choice will be much easier! ;)

Yes, i guess I meant to say Cozumel ... lol :D

I've checked a site which lists cruises by dates, duration, line, ports, embarkation - which cannot be named per CC rules. I did not see any NCL or Celebrity sailing meeting your specs. Plenty of Carnival and Royal Caribbean - mainly from Florida ports. The sooner you start lining up details, the better. That is a busy time for both cruise and air - neither of which is likely to get cheaper as time passes.