NYC Pier Parking

JLCMOM

Does it ever fill? We are planning on arriving right around 12:30-1pm depending on traffic. We live less then a hour drive and have a small child that will not wait well, therefore we would like to arrive after the rush to get on the boat to be able to just walk on. My fear is the parking at the pier will fill. Ever happen to anyone?

We just returned home from our amazing cruise on the Sunshine!! We arrived around 10:30 and was literally the 9th car in the lot. When we departed, half the lot was still empty...I know this because our balcony overlooked the lot. I wouldn't worry too much about it filling up. P.S...I had exact cash for the 8 days ($320) but they also accept credit cards. Have fun!!!

I was on one cruise where the lots were filled and one passenger in our Roll Call said they were turned away. This is most likely to happen in the summer or fall when three or four ships can be in port on the same day. I've also seen several times when cars had to park on the entrance ramp roadway that connects the individual pier parking lots. You don't want to park on that roadway in the winter. Cars can get plowed in if there's a decent sized snowfall.

The parking lots don't run out of space very often, but it does happen.

I've also seen special events on the roof of Pier 92 (third most north pier used only when a lot of ships are calling) so it could not be used for overflow parking if there was a need.

While I never experienced a "sell out" there is a slight possibility, if I would take the bet and still arrive late if I was in your shoes just have a backup plan. .

Mid/late Saturday afternoon at LGA would mostly be arrivals and it's typically the slowest day of the week in total # of flights scheduled for takeoffs & landings.

Haven't look at airline status but for ORD, it would most likely be UA (as one of their main hubs) or AA - if you are on a regional partner's flight #, I'm sure you know that even bigger pieces of carry-on won't fit the OH bins & are typically gate-checked, and will be delivered downstairs at arrival's & not at the jetbridge/gate - it is a short 5 minutes walk in-between & they usually come out fairly quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the parking per night or per day? We are sailing on an 8 night cruise, so would it be $320 to park?

Yes. The pier parking is private for cruisers only and they charge by the number of cruise nights.